#121 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:18 PM

Today wasn't undercounting at all.

Maybe not.  I wasn't there, so I'll take your word for it.  But they have undercounted several other games this year.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#122 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:42 PM

We were lucky to have 12,000 in the building tonight.  Pathetic attendance.  I was shocked by how many empty seats there were. 

Posted Image

#123 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,029 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:47 PM

The Habs during the week are never a good draw.  We always have 12000 games against them on weekdays and sellouts with half the building Hab fans on weekends.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#124 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:55 AM

A lot of Habs fans, as expected. I can't imagine what the building would've looked like if this game was against the Flames or Oilers...

#125 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:04 PM

It looked awful on TV. Most of the time you can't tell on TV, but last night it looked really bad.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#126 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:19 PM

A lot of Habs fans, as expected. I can't imagine what the building would've looked like if this game was against the Flames or Oilers...

Habs fans are slowly becoming my #3 most hated fan bases only behind the Flyers and Rags.

Edited by DevsMan84, 05 December 2013 - 12:19 PM.

#127 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:46 PM

It didn't seem to me that there were that many.  Maybe a few hundred. 

Interestingly, I noticed a decent number of Habs fans that were there with Devils fans.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#128 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:59 PM

Habs fans are slowly becoming my #3 most hated fan bases only behind the Flyers and Rags.

Penguins fans actually annoy me more than Flyers fans.  Islanders fans have started to get annoying too.  At least in my opinion.

1. Rags

2. Penguins

3. Flyers

4. Isles

Edited by Mike Brown, 05 December 2013 - 08:00 PM.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#129 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:01 PM

Isles fans were peakcocking last season because it was the first time they were better than us since 1986.  They've been put right back in their place this season.  You won't be hearing much out of them until they move to BK with the JayZ Nets.

Posted Image

#130 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,905 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:18 PM

Wings in on a Friday night. No excuse for anything under 15k.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#131 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,491 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:46 PM

Wings in on a Friday night. No excuse for anything under 15k.

Nobody cares about the Wings.  Never have around here.  

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#132 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,905 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:47 PM

not true at all. They're a high profile western conference team and there are plenty of Michigan transplants and Wings bandwagoners in the area

Edited by '7', 06 December 2013 - 12:49 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#133 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,491 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:05 PM

not true at all. They're a high profile western conference team and there are plenty of Michigan transplants and Wings bandwagoners in the area

They don't play in the Western Conference anymore, and Devils fans have never cared about Western Conference anything.  

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#134 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:37 PM

They don't play in the Western Conference anymore, and Devils fans have never cared about Western Conference anything.  

This is the reason they made those 3 games a couple years ago against the Wings, Ducks and Stars a thing about the cups. Because it would pump up attendance on what would have otherwise been expected to be low attendance games.

#135 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,905 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:51 PM

you're right, I forgot about the switch

The last two trips the Wings made to Prudential Center were sellouts.

#136 Meals on Wheels

Meals on Wheels

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:12 PM

If you guys want an indication of what the attendance is going to be like tonight, look at ticketmaster. The upper corners, especially 226 are going to be completely empty again. Just click on the link and look at 226...this is an absolute disaster.

http://www.ticketmas...04&minorcatid=9

This is where our loudest fans usually sit. There has been no passion or intensity in the building this year, I'm so disgusted with the front office right now for not making changes to fill these seats specifically. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

#137 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,029 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:18 PM

The Devils have always had high attendance games against the Wings in the past though, they're the one 'West' team that did consistently sell.  Of course that's not going to happen this year for a myriad of reasons already outlined in this thread - tiered pricing/super-high single-game prices/not as good a team - plus now that they're a conference opponent those games are far less rare and not once every two years where it's an event.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 06 December 2013 - 04:18 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#138 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:35 PM

Not true. Last time they were here they had thousands of fans in the building. They have fans everywhere

If you guys want an indication of what the attendance is going to be like tonight, look at ticketmaster. The upper corners, especially 226 are going to be completely empty again. Just click on the link and look at 226...this is an absolute disaster.

This is where our loudest fans usually sit. There has been no passion or intensity in the building this year, I'm so disgusted with the front office right now for not making changes to fill these seats specifically. 

The new owners have made it perfectly clear that loud, passionate fans, and non full STH's are not really welcomed.

#139 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:26 PM

Not true. Last time they were here they had thousands of fans in the building. They have fans everywhere

The new owners have made it perfectly clear that loud, passionate fans, and non full STH's are not really welcomed.

lol your being over dramatic. Do you really think the reason attendance is low is because of anything other than ticket prices relative to quality of the on ice product? Plus add in the fact attendance is always lower in the first half of the season.

#140 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:28 PM

I wouldnt blame the front office as much. We lost 2 marquee players that were exciting to watch. Plus we cant score goals. Try to sell that to a fairweather fan

www.SterioDesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users