484 replies to this topic

#161 Meals on Wheels

Meals on Wheels

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:01 PM

I sometimes am curious about the attendance too, but I really wonder what is a lot of Devils fans obsession with the attendance figures.  Who cares?

I really do think a good part of it is a lot of fans insecurity after hearing Rags and Flyers fans making fun of us for it.  I really don't care all that much.

For me personally, it's about the atmosphere at the games and the energy that a good crowd creates for the players. It's a lot more fun as a fan to witness a packed building. It's been quite depressing at The Rock this year. How can you not want a loud, sold out crowd, cheering on your team? Don't you hear the players comments in anticipation to play In Montreal, Detroit, or Chicago for example? They go out of their way to reference the energy in those buildings. You have to wonder what our players think when they play in front of an empty building. We see players leaving during Free Agency too often, how much of a factor is the atmosphere of the building? It's something to consider. Surely some fans play into the insecurities created by Rags and Flyers fans, but I think most of us just want the best for our team and a loud, sold out crowd never hurts the on-ice product. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

#162 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,868 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:16 PM

For me personally, it's about the atmosphere at the games and the energy that a good crowd creates for the players. It's a lot more fun as a fan to witness a packed building. It's been quite depressing at The Rock this year. How can you not want a loud, sold out crowd, cheering on your team? Don't you hear the players comments in anticipation to play In Montreal, Detroit, or Chicago for example? They go out of their way to reference the energy in those buildings. You have to wonder what our players think when they play in front of an empty building. We see players leaving during Free Agency too often, how much of a factor is the atmosphere of the building? It's something to consider. Surely some fans play into the insecurities created by Rags and Flyers fans, but I think most of us just want the best for our team and a loud, sold out crowd never hurts the on-ice product.

ive been to 12-13 games so far this year and the atmosphere there has been terrible .. almost makes it boring, just not as fun as a hockey game should be
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#163 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:26 PM

ive been to 12-13 games so far this year and the atmosphere there has been terrible .. almost makes it boring, just not as fun as a hockey game should be

Saturdays game was booooooooooring. You could hear a pin drop.

Devils.

#164 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:02 PM

14,032 tonight.

Which means it's probably closer to 14,981 last year or previous years.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#165 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:38 AM

14,032 tonight.

Which means it's probably closer to 14,981 last year or previous years.

Wow it was so empty in the uppers that I would have guessed somewhere in the 12k range

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#166 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:48 AM

15,723 tonight.

Man the crowd was into it tonight.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#167 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:48 AM

It's amazing how empty it always looks on tv because of all of the stiffs behind the benches not being in their seats. I assume they're in the lounges instead, during the first 2 periods those sections always look at least half empty.

#168 Devlin

Devlin

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:51 AM

It's amazing how empty it always looks on tv because of all of the stiffs behind the benches not being in their seats. I assume they're in the lounges instead, during the first 2 periods those sections always look at least half empty.

You nailed it...When I take the family we always get the lounge seats but you can almost never get a seat between periods because everyone stays there! I usually go grab a table like 5 mins before the end of the 1st and my wife does the same at the 2nd. That is a challenge too!

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Devlin, 21 December 2013 - 11:51 AM.

#169 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:56 AM

You nailed it...When I take the family we always get the lounge seats but you can almost never get a seat between periods because everyone stays there! I usually go grab a table like 5 mins before the end of the 1st and my wife does the same at the 2nd. That is a challenge too! Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

I think the idea of being able to watch a live hockey game in the comfort of a bar or lounge is too enticing.  I wish they could have found a better location for the club seats.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#170 Devlin

Devlin

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:44 PM

I think the idea of being able to watch a live hockey game in the comfort of a bar or lounge is too enticing. I wish they could have found a better location for the club seats.

Im not sure how to have a good balance with keeping people from staying out of the lounge...it's a great way to spend a day enjoying hockey though.

We get there early for brunch, the kids get to eat all they want ;) watch warmups...eat again! watch the game...eat again!! Lol (I have 1 in college who eats like a horse and a younger one who loves all the snacks!). We are a hockey family so I can't miss a shift :)

Plus...great being in the bowl at center ice!

#171 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:50 PM

Im not sure how to have a good balance with keeping people from staying out of the lounge...it's a great way to spend a day enjoying hockey though.

We get there early for brunch, the kids get to eat all they want ;) watch warmups...eat again! watch the game...eat again!! Lol (I have 1 in college who eats like a horse and a younger one who loves all the snacks!). We are a hockey family so I can't miss a shift :)

Plus...great being in the bowl at center ice!

They could have at least put them on the same side as the camera.  That way we don't have to see all the empty black seats from the center ice camera on TV.  lol

Edited by Mike Brown, 21 December 2013 - 09:51 PM.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#172 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,868 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:25 AM

I think the idea of being able to watch a live hockey game in the comfort of a bar or lounge is too enticing.  I wish they could have found a better location for the club seats.

where else are you supposed to put them.. they are supposed to be the best seats in the house and that is the prime spot to sit obviously.. i still have not gotten to sit in a club seat and experience the free food in the lounges ...its tough to justify spending that kind of money when i attend 20 if not more games a year... on top of bringing the girl to atleast half of those as well.. talk about expensive!
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#173 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:59 PM

where else are you supposed to put them.. they are supposed to be the best seats in the house and that is the prime spot to sit obviously.. i still have not gotten to sit in a club seat and experience the free food in the lounges ...its tough to justify spending that kind of money when i attend 20 if not more games a year... on top of bringing the girl to atleast half of those as well.. talk about expensive!

Only one other team has the center ice lower bowl seats as some sort of club seats.  The other team is the Panthers.  In the end, it's not a huge deal either way though.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#174 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:20 PM

Only one other team has the center ice lower bowl seats as some sort of club seats. The other team is the Panthers. In the end, it's not a huge deal either way though.

Just off the top of my head, the Coyotes have "club seats" behind both benches, and the Flyers and Bruins have lower bowl club seats but further off the ice.. I think a bunch of other teams have lower bowl "club seats" but the club may not be immediately accessible from the section

The Bruins and Flyers did it right though.. They put their club seats further back off the ice so that people leaving their seats to get food aren't on TV, while regular folks fill the seats on TV.. If I was the billionaire owner I'd extend the club seats to sections 6, 10, 17, and 21, but only make the back half of those sections the actual club seats.. That way, the ones on TV are filled and you didn't lose a lot of club seats

I can see why they though the club seats closer to the glass would be this big draw, but I think the all-you-can-eat has proven to be the real value and people are willing to not sit in their seats during play so they can eat

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#175 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:07 PM

They can do what the Giants and I believe the Nets now do and have the food service guys deliver the food to them instead of having to go upstairs to eat.

#176 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,868 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:10 PM

They can do what the Giants and I believe the Nets now do and have the food service guys deliver the food to them instead of having to go upstairs to eat.

wouldnt that be nice!
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#177 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:15 PM

Only one other team has the center ice lower bowl seats as some sort of club seats. The other team is the Panthers. In the end, it's not a huge deal either way though.

I think the maple leads have their center sections as club seats too. I believe their "club" though is underneath the stands with no view of the ice.
Posted Image

#178 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:32 PM

It's about level of interest. When I go to a game I sit in club seats but I get to the game early so I can eat and be in my seat at the start of the game and then between periods I go back to the lounge for stuff and then return to the seats. Sometime a little late. I see others that get there at the start of the game and spend the first and second period in the lounge eating an watching TV. If I am going to eat and watch the game on TV I might as well stay home.

As for noise level and attendance this team hasn't built much confidence in the fans. They, the Devils, don't put on the ice the best winning lines so as a fan one doesn't know what they are going to get. Get the first goals so what; be up by 3 and then lose; goalie issues and bad coaching and so on. Every time I see Gionta, Sestito and Janssen being our 4th line I am pissed and quiet. 

Edited by LucifersDog, 22 December 2013 - 03:40 PM.

#179 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:51 PM

It's about level of interest. When I go to a game I sit in club seats but I get to the game early so I can eat and be in my seat at the start of the game and then between periods I go back to the lounge for stuff and then return to the seats. Sometime a little late. I see others that get there at the start of the game and spend the first and second period in the lounge eating an watching TV. If I am going to eat and watch the game on TV I might as well stay home.

As for noise level and attendance this team hasn't built much confidence in the fans. They, the Devils, don't put on the ice the best winning lines so as a fan one doesn't know what they are going to get. Get the first goals so what; be up by 3 and then lose; goalie issues and bad coaching and so on. Every time I see Gionta, Sestito and Janssen being our 4th line I am pissed and quiet.

seeing as how that line plays less than 7 minutes a game I sure hoe your screaming your ass off for the other 53 minutes.

What a ridiculous reason for the empty seats.

Edited by dmann422, 22 December 2013 - 05:52 PM.

#180 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:53 PM

16,592 tonight which is a sellout.  I had no idea our fans loved hot dogs that much.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users