48 replies to this topic

#41 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:46 PM

Marty is the reason this team will NOT win a big trophy.  He runs the "back office" and people are worried about his feelings.

Funny as I think Marty is getting cockier with age...

...and foot in the mouth of the year goes to....
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#42 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,974 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:50 PM

People aren't really on his ass though.  I think the general feeling is sadness as Marty has finally found something in his NHL career that he can't overcome and beat.  I think most fans (though there's definitely exceptions) don't want to see too more much of him not because they're against him, but because they hate seeing him look bad. 

Where dr33 is right is that some people seem to expecting him to bitch and moan about this to the press, and are almost basing their reaction to Marty off something that's hasn't yet happened.  Just speculation on my part, but I'm guessing behind the scenes Marty probably thinks he deserves more starts...and that's fine.  I wouldn't expect him to just be 100% passive about losing a job he held for two decades.  But he's not doing it publicly, and hasn't said anything remotely controversial.  He's handled this as well as could be expected.

Marty is the reason this team will NOT win a big trophy.  He runs the "back office" and people are worried about his feelings.

You were saying?

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#43 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:02 PM

:doh1:

You need trolling advice from what's his face from the GDT's

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#44 mort4345

mort4345

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:15 PM

This is what needs to be said to Marty:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=DicYF4RQBnU

#45 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:29 PM

And in more Jaws news...Robert Shaw (Quint) and Richard Dreyfuss (Hooper) didn't get along on the set...Dreyfuss basically stated that Shaw was a 'terrible bully', who had run-ins with just about EVERYONE (cast and crew), but Dreyfuss was #1 on Shaw's sh!t list.  Shaw was also drunk during the filming of Quint's infamous Indianapolis monologue (which is probably why he had the date wrong)...he was so inebriated, in fact, that he had no memory of shooting the scene.

And Spielberg hated the original score of Jaws when he first heard it.  He thought it was cartoony and silly, and thought John Williams was joking when he presented it to him.

LOL, yeah. I heard that he was drunk the entire time and that he was a jerk when drunk. Still a great scene though. Terrible story about the Indianapolis too, they just left them there to die, only being rescued when a plane had spotted them by accident. Then the Captain of the ship killed himself due to the guilt and the whole you didn't zig-zag thing.

#46 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,284 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:33 PM

You were saying?

Mitico12 is one guy.  Re-read my post...I stated there are exceptions.  '7' would be another...he's been pretty hard on Marty too.  But I think in general, people aren't all over him.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#47 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,974 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:34 PM

Mitico12 is one guy.  Re-read my post...I stated there are exceptions.  '7' would be another...he's been pretty hard on Marty too.  But I think in general, people aren't all over him.

There's a few around. Might not be all in this thread, but more than a few who say stupid stuff like the one I quoted.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#48 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:39 PM

Schneider needs to go apesh!t on this team if we don't win on Thursday.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#49 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

Schneider needs to go apesh!t on this team if we don't win on Thursday.

because that would solve a lot.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users