GDT 9: Devils @ Blue Jackets

Cachorro Louco

Larsson in for Harrold, JJ in for Gionta, Teddy on the scrap heap. He's a bust unfortunately. I'd have Merrill and Gelinas in as soon as possible too if things continue this way. Hell, if you're gonna have a lost season you might as well see what you've got. And you can't just give up on Zajac and Henrique. Gotta have hope that PDB is just that awful and that we can bring in a new coach that can motivate them and get the best out of them that we've seen before. I mean, wouldn't you rather DeBoer was just a sh!thead than have both of those guys be shells of their former selves? I would.

Haha see you're so baised. Teddy rips a defender of the puck like no one else on the team has done, centers creates a great scoring chance, NJDevs ignores. He beats out a defender for a puck then on a 2 on 1 makes a great play and gets a great shot on goal, NJDevs ignores. He tries to clear a puck and its kept in and cory schneider gets beat on a backhand from the top of the circles, NJDevs says GET HIM OFF THE TEAM. Zajac signs a LT deal, tanks it for over a year, ahhh give him time. Henrique becomes a playoff hero, doesn't perform on a nightly basis ever since, ahhh but he beat the rangers!!!! Loktionov makes #1 on sportscenter top 10, ever since then looks like he should still be playing for the manchester monarchs, HES GUNNA BE A FIRST LINER HERE!!!!! You wanna talk about PDB having his pets, NJDevs.com is the #1 offender when it comes to having pets. You're calling it a lost season 9 games in yet you just bitched about me saying the GAME was over.

You say don't give up on zajac, no its not giving up. Dude this isn't a prospect, its a player in what should be his prime performing like garbage nightly. He's got a cap hit like zetterberg, the sedins, lucic, tavares, hall, skinner, seguin, sharp. You wanna put ZAJAC on the same level as those players? No, and if you do youre a kook. You wanna bitch about teddy who skates harder than anyone on the ice, who is actually out there making plays and putting forth an effort. Whatever floats your boat generic njdevs.com poster. But there are much much bigger fish to fry son.

Edited by Bartholomew Hunt

Haha see you're so baised. Teddy rips a defender of the puck like no one else on the team has done, centers creates a great scoring chance, NJDevs ignores. He beats out a defender for a puck then on a 2 on 1 makes a great play and gets a great shot on goal, NJDevs ignores. He tries to clear a puck and its kept in and cory schneider gets beat on a backhand from the top of the circles, NJDevs says GET HIM OFF THE TEAM. Zajac signs a LT deal, tanks it for over a year, ahhh give him time. Henrique becomes a playoff hero, doesn't perform on a nightly basis ever since, ahhh but he beat the rangers!!!! Loktionov makes #1 on sportscenter top 10, ever since then looks like he should still be playing for the manchester monarchs, HES GUNNA BE A FIRST LINER HERE!!!!! You wanna talk about PDB having his pets, NJDevs.com is the #1 offender when it comes to having pets. You're calling it a lost season 9 games in yet you just bitched about me saying the GAME was over.

You say don't give up on zajac, no its not giving up. Dude this isn't a prospect, its a player in what should be his prime performing like garbage nightly. He's got a cap hit like zetterberg, the sedins, lucic, tavares, hall, skinner, seguin, sharp. You wanna put ZAJAC on the same level as those players? No, and if you do youre a kook. You wanna bitch about teddy who skates harder than anyone on the ice, who is actually out there making plays and putting forth an effort. Whatever floats your boat generic njdevs.com poster. But there are much much bigger fish to fry son.

You have to hope that guys like Henrique and Zajac can turn it around because like it or not, they're here for quite awhile. You literally can't afford to give up on them. They've shown they can put up numbers over the course of a season at the NHL level before. I'm not putting them on any level, I'm just saying you literally have to hope they produce because like it or not, you're stuck with them. And hell, I'd love for Tedenby to perform here as I think he has a dynamic that no one else really does on this team. But how many chances does he need? And he's not on a long term deal. The cards are stacked against him unless he shows something, ANYTHING in the near future. The effort is there, but I don't see these "big plays" that you are and the stats clearly don't show it. He's barely even noticeable most nights unless he's making a big mistake (like the penalty he took against Ottawa). Based on the guys that are here currently, I just don't see a spot on the team for him at the moment unless he starts producing because effort is only gonna get someone so far. It's the same reason I don't see a spot for Harrold or Gio on this team. Effort is nice until you're not winning.

he kinda panicked and put a little too much mustard on it, I guess you could fault both players on that one

And no. That's all on Harrold. Ask any goalie. Hell, ask a rec league goalie and they'll tell you that's a pass that can never be made. It's not an outlet pass, it's a suicide pass. If he was at the half boards, maybe I'd say differently, but from there you have to go up the boards/off the glass or back behind the net ALWAYS. Never in front of your own net. It's inexcusable...unless you're PDB of course.

Edited by PWW

And no. That's all on Harrold. Ask any goalie. Hell, ask a rec league goalie and they'll tell you that's a pass that can never be made. It's not an outlet pass, it's a suicide pass. If he was at the half boards, maybe I'd say differently, but from there you have to go up the boards/off the glass or back behind the net ALWAYS. Never in front of your own net. It's inexcusable...unless you're PDB of course.

If it had gone around it would have busted the forecheck, of course, the other D may very well be Volch, who probably would have launched a stretch pass into the 10th row behind the opposite net, but I digress

this is why we're losing games

You have to hope that guys like Henrique and Zajac can turn it around because like it or not, they're here for quite awhile. You literally can't afford to give up on them. They've shown they can put up numbers over the course of a season at the NHL level before. I'm not putting them on any level, I'm just saying you literally have to hope they produce because like it or not, you're stuck with them. And hell, I'd love for Tedenby to perform here as I think he has a dynamic that no one else really does on this team. But how many chances does he need? And he's not on a long term deal. The cards are stacked against him unless he shows something, ANYTHING in the near future. The effort is there, but I don't see these "big plays" that you are and the stats clearly don't show it. He's barely even noticeable most nights unless he's making a big mistake (like the penalty he took against Ottawa). Based on the guys that are here currently, I just don't see a spot on the team for him at the moment unless he starts producing because effort is only gonna get someone so far. It's the same reason I don't see a spot for Harrold or Gio on this team. Effort is nice until you're not winning.

So weird you pointed our gio too. More generic NJDevs comments. And funny that you want JJ to play though, tell me what has he done? Oh thats right, less than teddy. What about loktionov? Yeah but they DEFINITELY deserve that spot on the team.

Why do we have to HOPE zajac and henrique produce and thats fine, but you kill a young player for a giveaway. It's putting blame in the wrong place time after time and its comical. You don't rip on the cheap players battling for a spot, you should be ripping on the players who arent even worth half the contract they're being paid, ie travis zajac and adam henrique.

I understood perfectly what you meant but it still doesn't make any sense. Iya not worth arguing about though, the bottom line is the devils need to play better and should beat both teams.

I will agree to that but it still doesn't hide the fact that this is the worst and will be the worst Devils team in their history.

It's easy to point the finger at Harrold tonight because he was atrocious, but Zidlicky was a little panicy with the puck in crunch time. Harrold, I can let go, I expect him to suck (Kurtis Foster 2.0), but Zids has to play better than tonight

I dunno, it MUST fall on Stevens.  I mean it has to.  If DeBoer is makign the call its' still Stevens job to force him to understand the gravity of the situation. I LOVE Scotty and I just dont feel like this is what he wants to see.  Why was he so great with the kids and now it's back to last years ... whatever it is.  it's not a debacle.  It's not tragic.  It's working with what he's got  ... but it's joyless defence.  Maybe he just doesn't get the difference between discipline and joyless play :noclue:  I can't believe it's him I really can't.

There.  That was my break down on his behalf.

but CMON!  Who the hell even thought it was a good idea to sit larsson?  It was a gag -- a joke post -- and they did it!!!!  F^&@%^(%@^$&)   :argh: :argh:  GUYS  even Harrold thought so -- that's why this happens!!!

blllahhhhhbrrrrrruuuhhhhh -- there I shook it off.  <_<   yuck

So weird you pointed our gio too. More generic NJDevs comments. And funny that you want JJ to play though, tell me what has he done? Oh thats right, less than teddy. What about loktionov? Yeah but they DEFINITELY deserve that spot on the team.

Why do we have to HOPE zajac and henrique produce and thats fine, but you kill a young player for a giveaway. It's putting blame in the wrong place time after time and its comical. You don't rip on the cheap players battling for a spot, you should be ripping on the players who arent even worth half the contract they're being paid, ie travis zajac and adam henrique.

I think you're putting words in my mouth. I said nothing about Loki deserving a spot (though I'd start him over Teddy just because he's shown more over the last couple years, not much more, but enough, hell I'd give each one a chance to earn a spot based on play if I was the coach) nor did I "kill a young player for a giveaway" anywhere. As for JJ, the reason I'd have JJ in over Teddy is simply that he's shown a defensive side to his game whereas Teddy hasn't shown much at either end of the ice as of late. Also, I never said not to rip on the guys, just saying that as fans we have to hope they can turn it around because like 'em or not, they're not going anywhere. There's literally two options with Zajac and Henrique. Either they're here and they suck or they're here and they perform as they did in the past. That's it. I don't even see how that's debatable at this point.

Edited by PWW

I will agree to that but it still doesn't hide the fact that this is the worst and will be the worst Devils team in their history.

I disagree -- and it sucks they just aren't given the space to perform.  Its some sick adherence to some freaky THING  some...  some .. IDEA someone has... this "status quo," "stay the course" (no seriously, insert annoying Chris Farley quote fingers)...  it's a top down thing not a bottom talentless crew thing.

I think you're putting words in my mouth. I said nothing about Loki deserving a spot (though I'd start him over Teddy just because he's shown more over the last couple years, not much more, but enough, hell I'd give each one a chance to earn a spot based on play if I was the coach) nor did I "kill a young player for a giveaway" anywhere. As for JJ, the reason I'd have JJ in over Teddy is simply that he's shown a defensive side to his game whereas Teddy hasn't shown much at either end of the ice as of late. Also, I never said not to rip on the guys, just saying that as fans we have to hope they can turn it around because like 'em or not, they're not going anywhere. There's literally two options with Zajac and Henrique. Either they're here and they suck or they're here and they perform as they did in the past. That's it. I don't even see how that's debatable at this point.

wow

I totally though this was a typical stereo battle.  I am with you on teh JJ thing.  Tedenby has been blowing chunks -- who gave the directive to give the sh&#33;tass fvck ups a chance?  Just curious.

Did you watch the game tonight? Did teddy not create 2 of the best chances the devils had? JJ isnt close to as offensively skilled as teddy, thats become evident. So you want jj in there for what, defense? This team needs scoring chances and goals a lot more than a below average defensive foward. Clocking out on this now. This debate got as far as it usually does. Nowhere. Goodnight buddy.

With a proven track record that's a realistic option?  Just Laviolette and Maurice.  Problem with Laviolette is he's too whiny and his teams dive all over the place, both of which Lou hates.  Problem with Maurice is he's one of Pete's best friends so it'd be awkward to put it mildly.

It almost doesn't matter at this point though.  I mean it honestly cannot get worse than 10 regulation wins in 40+ games.

It's a miscommunication.  Something in Lou's message is being diluted.  Lemaire gets it.  Robinson gets it but finds it un-doable.  Burns so got it. 

:unsure: OK freaky PK weirdness -- so what's funny is I call on Burns spirit to just provide direction adn all I feel is "it's HOCKEY - dude can find his own way. There are just more important places to spread one's spiritual mojo.  I was an ex-cop -- you THINK hockey is important with this trans-dimension view?  Seriously?"  well -- just for fun Pat?  maybe?  no?....  well.. ok then.  guess I oughta go to sleep now then myself.

Did you watch the game tonight? Did teddy not create 2 of the best chances the devils had? JJ isnt close to as offensively skilled as teddy, thats become evident. So you want jj in there for what, defense? This team needs scoring chances and goals a lot more than a below average defensive foward. Clocking out on this now. This debate got as far as it usually does. Nowhere. Goodnight buddy.

Well if it's gonna be that way...

• Like 1

I disagree -- and it sucks they just aren't given the space to perform. Its some sick adherence to some freaky THING some... some .. IDEA someone has... this "status quo," "stay the course" (no seriously, insert annoying Chris Farley quote fingers)... it's a top down thing not a bottom talentless crew thing.

wow

I totally though this was a typical stereo battle. I am with you on teh JJ thing. Tedenby has been blowing chunks -- who gave the directive to give the sh!tass fvck ups a chance? Just curious.

I dont think you watched tonight's game because Teddy was pretty nice tonight. He had several very nice setups. Usually I'll hate on him but it was enough for me to take notice of his play making tonight.

amen. Sure there are problems but we can't be calling the wrong person out.

amen. Sure there are problems but we can't be calling the wrong person out.

I have no idea what league you watch, but that pass is made all the time. The LA Kings in tbe finals used thstvsame pass to thwart the forcheck we killed everyone with. Schneider kind of set that play in motion when he looked like he was gonna go to Fayne but then went to Harrold. Unfortunately Lokti didn't handle the pass cleanly and a shot that if taken 100 times goes in less than 3 times.