32 replies to this topic

#21 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,839 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:54 AM

If Gelinas comes up, gets a few games and makes a difference and looks the part , what does everyone think Lou will do?

If he outplays those on the team already would Lou be willing to make a move?

Lou has always said when a kid proves he can be a regular, they will make room for him. Hopefully Gelinas is ready. It'd be nice to Larsson get regular shifts as well. 

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#22 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

Lou has always said when a kid proves he can be a regular, they will make room for him. Hopefully Gelinas is ready. It'd be nice to Larsson get regular shifts as well. 

we clearly see that with Fayne and Larsson sitting all the time for vets. But thats Deboer actually, i wouldnt be surprised if Lou has been trying to move one of our D but simply can't

www.SterioDesign.com

#23 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:37 AM

per TG Devs' D pairs: Greene-Fayne; Volchenkov-Zidlicky; Gelinas-Larsson; Harrold.

so if this could be tonight's lineup i'd be fine with it

www.SterioDesign.com

#24 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:40 AM

Lol harrold seems to be extra.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look like deboer finally understand

#25 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:11 AM

Exactly. The problem isn't will we want to move a player to make room; it's who the hell is gonna take our trash?

#26 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:18 AM

Force Lou to make a move Gelinas!! I want to see some bombs from the point!

Posted Image

#27 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,672 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:59 PM

Rookies and kids need to be let loose. Larsson and Gelinas need to be allowed to play THEIR game.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#28 Anhkheg

Anhkheg

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

Rookies and kids need to be let loose. Larsson and Gelinas need to be allowed to play THEIR game.

Agreed. Add JJ, Olesz and Teddy to that list.

#29 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,839 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

Exactly. The problem isn't will we want to move a player to make room; it's who the hell is gonna take our trash?

Lou specifically brought up 2000, when Colin White was very impressive in pre-season but didn't really get into the lineup until later in the year. His spot really opened up when Odelein got traded for the Quint and that whole mess.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#30 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

Lou specifically brought up 2000, when Colin White was very impressive in pre-season but didn't really get into the lineup until later in the year. His spot really opened up when Odelein got traded for the Quint and that whole mess.

You're pushing my memory. I was 10 in 2000, lol.

But the issue I see is that Sal isn't getting traded, at least I highly doubt it. Volch has a NTC and 2 more years on his crappy deal. Losing Zid to add Merrill or Gelinas isn't a move forward, it's a move sideways and trading Fayne or Greene is a definite step backwards. So where is the room going to be made if someone deserves it?

#31 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,839 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

You're pushing my memory. I was 10 in 2000, lol.

But the issue I see is that Sal isn't getting traded, at least I highly doubt it. Volch has a NTC and 2 more years on his crappy deal. Losing Zid to add Merrill or Gelinas isn't a move forward, it's a move sideways and trading Fayne or Greene is a definite step backwards. So where is the room going to be made if someone deserves it?

Yeah, that's really where we're at. There aren't many moves to make right now. Guys like Sal, Zid, and Volch will miss games, and that's when a Gelinas or Merrill gets a shot, like tonight.

#32 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,725 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

As I read the last post in this thread, Gelinas scores!!  Boom!

Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#33 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,840 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:31 PM

so Gelinas was # 32, now he's # 22. Next year when Zids is gone he'll be #2 and playing every night for us ! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users