46 replies to this topic

#41 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:43 PM

It's great to get a bye but I think the true playoff seed to avoid at all costs in the AFC is the #4, as that's going to be a date with Kansas City or Denver, depending on who loses out on the division -- good luck with that. The #3 seed is looking at a matchup with a team like San Diego, the Jets, Ravens, Dolphins, etc. HUGE gap there.

Edited by nmigliore, 28 October 2013 - 02:00 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#42 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:48 PM

San Fran probably won't lose to New Orleans. Seattle in San Fran will be a toss up this time. Carolina is a decent team I'm a hard schedule and division. Detroit will have a tough time getting anywhere

#43 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:09 PM

Have been flipping back between Rams/Seahawks and the World Series game... pretty sluggish/penalty-ridden game but Robert Quinn and Chris Long are freakin' tanks. St. Louis overall D has been shockingly outstanding outside of that one huge play to Tate.

Edited by nmigliore, 28 October 2013 - 10:16 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#44 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:52 PM

Dam good goal line stand by Seattle to win it

#45 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:58 AM

Re: NFC wild card, I actually like Detroit to win one more likely than SF or CAR, based on their cake schedule.  6 of 8 teams under .500, and they get Baltimore @home, where they can out-trackmeet them.  They could conceivably end the season with 12 wins, whereas Carolina has yet to play New Orleans either time and has to go into San Fran.  That November 10th game is going to be huge...the winner controls their own destiny in the Wild Card. 

Also of note...since Green Bay is only a half-game clear of Detroit, let's look at their schedule:

Nov 04 - CHI
Nov 10 - PHI
Nov 17 - @NYG
Nov 24 - MIN
Nov 28 - @DET
Dec 08 - ATL
Dec 15 - @DAL
Dec 22 - PIT
Dec 29 - @CHI

I love the idea that we have the potential of a meaningful 12:30 Thanksgiving game on the 28th if each team stays healthy and does their jobs. 

But either way, barring QB injury, I have a hard time seeing either Detroit or Green Bay missing the playoffs with their remaining schedules.

That leaves San Fran and Carolina dogfighting, which makes every game huge for Carolina.

VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#46 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:25 AM

Good God Green Bay has an easy schedule, they should win 6 of those without really trying (which is amazing considering their WR scenario and no Clay Matthews)

Detroit seems an awful brittle team on depth, if they lose Calvin, Rush or Stafford they're boned....and I still don't trust Schwartz in the big spot.....

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#47 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

Seahawks will look forward to getting harvin since rice is out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users