#21 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,154 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:06 AM

Schneider. 

I would go with Brodeur. Marty is due to play a game, especially since we didn't exactly get on the roll I had hoped with Schneider in net for 3 straight. Also, we have a better chance to win against Tampa, so I would prefer Cory play that one.

No, he's not due to start.  He's the backup now, he's not really 'due' anything except one game of a back to back series and the occasional start. 

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#22 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:30 AM

I'd give Marty the Boston game and start a Schneider run again vs. Tampa. Give Marty a nice big game on a Saturday in Boston, against a strong Boston side. You know he'll play his heart out, maybe get some confidence back. A good showing, maybe with a win, would get the rest of team's heads in the right place. I think getting Marty a big win in Boston would be more of a good turnaround game than our 4-0 against the Rangers was (or wasn't, as we see now).

Putting Marty in on a "bla" game vs. the Lightning on a Tuesday, with likely only 12,000-13,000 people in attendance, it'll be more depressing than anything.

No, I don't think Marty's earned it or is owed anything for sentimentality's sake, but I do think you have to keep your backup's head and spirits and morale in the right place, just in case the moment comes when you need him. A couple years ago, we did so with Hedberg even, gave him the odd start now and then, even sometimes in pretty important games vs. Pittsburgh or the Islanders. 

I don't remember how long Fleury may have been injured last year, but similarly I thought the dosage of games the Penguins gave Vokoun during the shortened season was pretty reasonable to give Brodeur.

Edited by DJ Eco, 25 October 2013 - 08:30 AM.

#23 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,844 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:30 AM

I'd go with # 30 in Beantown. Some will lean toward #35 with him being from MA

However the coach will know how well each keeper stacks up agains the B's and pick the best record guy as the starter

#24 peteyvegas51

peteyvegas51

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:35 AM

Marty.  Cory out and out lost the game last night.  Next up!!

#25 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

I would go with Schneider. With Marty taking the position he did before the game last night he set himself up for a win win situation. Cory plays well Marty remains a hero Cory plays bad Marty and is the saviour and if Marty has a bad game in Boston it's because he hasn't played.

That being said, Cory admits to his mistakes and play, that's good. If they don't play Schneider in Boston then that should deflate Cory. If Cory plays well against Boston he redeems himself if Cory plays poorly then it's Marty against TB. Boston will be had to beat no matter who we have in goal.

Go Devils and Schneider

Edited by LucifersDog, 25 October 2013 - 10:44 AM.

#26 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:39 AM

No way Marty doesn't start in Boston

#27 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:38 PM

DeBoer would start marty.

Devils.

#28 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:42 PM

I run Corey. Time to let him know you believe in him as the franchise guy. Not saying he needs to play every game by a long shot, but I don't like the idea of "benching" him for 1 bad game.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#29 gsnts725

gsnts725

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:46 PM

@TGfireandice 11m

Martin Brodeur will start in net for the Devils Saturday in Boston.

#30 newarkcupparade

newarkcupparade

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:51 PM

I think Marty will get the start. Granted, I haven't watched much of the B's this year, but they always were a gritty, heavy forecheck team. I would think that with Marty they have a better option to move the puck out of the zone quickly on dump ins. 

#31 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,154 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:43 PM

Ugh, Marty's going to get lit up in Boston.  

Not that Cory wouldn't, necessarily, but Boston is a good team, and Marty's struggled against them the past few years.

We'll see, hope I'm wrong.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#32 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:06 PM

Guys  the lightning are no push overs!  im ok with marty here, and it gives cory a chance to stew over that sedin goal

#33 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:12 PM

I got a good feeling about Brodeur for tomorrow.

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#34 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

i think hes going to play well he knows he has to come in and be strong .. not that he has to prove anything, but at the same time if he wants playing time then he kind of does
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#35 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

Corey. He had a bad game, marty has had many bad games the last season and change.

#36 BigZ

BigZ

Albany Devil

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

Ya sure lets start Brodeur he's like 0-11 vs them in his last 11.

I miss Parise. 

#37 BigZ

BigZ

Albany Devil

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

Lol ok when they lose 6-1 I hope that feeling just had to do with him driving home safely after the game.

Edited by BigZ, 25 October 2013 - 03:23 PM.

I miss Parise. 

#38 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

MARTY!!!!

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#39 pumpkin cutter

pumpkin cutter

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:23 PM

I'm fine with Mr. Brodeur starting. Team needs a good swift kick where the sun don't shine. (their butt)

#40 JRZYRIPPER

JRZYRIPPER

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:39 PM

Shut out for Marty tomorrow. Book it !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users