• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#21 Default

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:57 PM

The only thing laughable is our team right now.

I'd also take Clarkson at this current price over Zajac or Clowe.

#22 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:18 PM

1967 was the last time the Leafs were in the SCF so FVCK 'EM!

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#23 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:43 PM

Anyone who says they want Clarkson back over Clowe or someone was dumb enough to say Zajac too, I'd love to hear your reasons.

Please keep in mind that David Clarkson hasn't even played yet this season. Also note that both Zajac and Clowe have put up more ppg than Clarkson over their careers. And Zajac is a center and he's WAYYYY better at defense than Clarkson. Complete insanity to say you'd want Clarkson over Zajac.

A little silly to anoint Clarkson the best of the two despite lacking any actual data on how he's played.

#24 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:47 PM

I hate rooting against him, when he was here, he was my favorite Dev

6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#25 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:02 PM

5 minutes into his first game, Clarky takes a hooking penalty and the Leafs give up a PP goal ...oh snap

#26 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:04 PM

anyone who wants the leafs roster: their #1 center is Tyler Bozak. Have fun with that 

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#27 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,844 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:24 PM

Jesus Clarky

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#28 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,807 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

I'd also take Clarkson at this current price over Zajac or Clowe.

Clarkson over Zajac is just stupid, come on. Use your head.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#29 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,447 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

In a shocking development, the Leafs were outshot pretty badly once again, but this time they lost.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#30 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:21 AM

anyone who wants the leafs roster: their #1 center is Tyler Bozak. Have fun with that 

And our #1 center is on pace for like thirty points this season.

#31 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

And our #1 center is on pace for like thirty points this season.

And Zidlicky is on pace for like 65. Small sample.

#32 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

Anyone who says they want Clarkson back over Clowe or someone was dumb enough to say Zajac too, I'd love to hear your reasons.

Please keep in mind that David Clarkson hasn't even played yet this season. Also note that both Zajac and Clowe have put up more ppg than Clarkson over their careers. And Zajac is a center and he's WAYYYY better at defense than Clarkson. Complete insanity to say you'd want Clarkson over Zajac.

A little silly to anoint Clarkson the best of the two despite lacking any actual data on how he's played.

What do Clowe's career numbers matter when he's over 30 and breaking down?  He wasn't even that good offensively last year.  Picking between Clowe and Clarkson is like picking between asparagus and lima beans, both their contracts are equally awful.  But at least Clarkson will play the majority of games.

And Zidlicky is on pace for like 65. Small sample.

Not when Zajac's been a below average offensive center for two straight regular seasons before this one.  Zajac basically is a Bozak level player at this point.

#33 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

What do Clowe's career numbers matter when he's over 30 and breaking down?  He wasn't even that good offensively last year.  Picking between Clowe and Clarkson is like picking between asparagus and lima beans, both their contracts are equally awful.  But at least Clarkson will play the majority of games.

Not when Zajac's been a below average offensive center for two straight regular seasons before this one.  Zajac basically is a Bozak level player at this point.

Last year he didn't play great, but the year before that he played like 15 games because he was hurt all year. Not sure that's really his fault.

And how do you know he's breaking down? He's only 2 years older than Clarky. Who's to say Clarkson's decline doesn't start now? Not like he lit the world on fire last half of the season.

#34 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:11 PM

Last year he didn't play great, but the year before that he played like 15 games because he was hurt all year. Not sure that's really his fault.

And how do you know he's breaking down? He's only 2 years older than Clarky. Who's to say Clarkson's decline doesn't start now? Not like he lit the world on fire last half of the season.

Clarkson also doesn't have a history of concussions like Clowe does. While Clowe is a slightly better overall player Clarkson is the healthier of the two and with both contracts being terrible you take the one that isn't another big hit from retirement.

Edited by TheRedStorm, 26 October 2013 - 03:13 PM.

The Devil wears Prada....and has the luggage to match :-)

#35 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

This is some sort of WWE type of promoting.  A grinder getting this much hype is quite funny.

I don't know if anyone else here was a big WCW fan back in the 90's, but this is exactly like when they hyped up Glacier for months and then he came in and everyone was highly disappointed. 

He wasn't a bad wrestler.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#36 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:43 AM

Clarkson also doesn't have a history of concussions like Clowe does. While Clowe is a slightly better overall player Clarkson is the healthier of the two and with both contracts being terrible you take the one that isn't another big hit from retirement.

i dont know how anyone can say that clowe is a better player.. over the past couple seasons he hasnt even had enough playing time to say that... hes been out for the past few games already from a concussion .. this is going to end up being a sh!t contract due to him just not even staying in the line up to play.. he is WAY to injury prone.. maybe when he was a little but younger he had better numbers then clarkson but the real problem now is the guy cant even stay healthy enough to play.. and the games he has played in so far hes looked like complete sh!t and has not done a single thing for us exceot show how doofy he looks trying to skate and how slow he moves is laughable.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#37 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:48 AM

i dont know how anyone can say that clowe is a better player.. over the past couple seasons he hasnt even had enough playing time to say that... hes been out for the past few games already from a concussion .. this is going to end up being a sh!t contract due to him just not even staying in the line up to play.. he is WAY to injury prone.. maybe when he was a little but younger he had better numbers then clarkson but the real problem now is the guy cant even stay healthy enough to play.. and the games he has played in so far hes looked like complete sh!t and has not done a single thing for us exceot show how doofy he looks trying to skate and how slow he moves is laughable.

Someone can say Clowe is a better player because he is, albeit slightly and maybe slightly is being conservative. When he's healthy. That's the key and right now it looks like a terrible decision by Lou because Clowe is a ticking time bomb in terms of physical contact. Too many people didn't see (or care) Clowe play in SJ when he was at his healthy best and it wasn't all about just numbers. They both can't skate worth a lick so they have that one common bond.

Edited by TheRedStorm, 27 October 2013 - 11:53 AM.

The Devil wears Prada....and has the luggage to match :-)

#38 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:10 PM

Are we talking injury prone-ness or the actual ability of the two players?  They're two separate issues.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#39 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:44 PM

It doesn't matter. Toronto has a hometown hero, if the team wins the cup, Clarkson will become a god.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#40 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:56 AM

Are we talking injury prone-ness or the actual ability of the two players?  They're two separate issues.

im talking about both.. clowe cant be better then clarkson if he is never healthy enough to even play the game.. he is too injury prone and constantly has too many problems... all around that contract was a bad move im not going to go back and forth about who is better then who because one to be honest i dont really care what anyone has to say on it and two it really doesnt matter who is better then who.. what does matter though is the contract is bad and is showing to be already. too much money for way too long
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users