Photo

Lou's performance review - mental decline?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:41 PM

I don't know about you, but do you think that Lou may have some sort of dementia/alzheimers onset?

I know, I'm just trying to drum up some speculation because this team has been catastrophic (in comparison with the normal NJD standards) and I'm at a loss for words to understand why.

#2 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,825 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:44 PM

Stop making threads.  

I swear, you're lucky I'm not a mod.  Because I'd drop the banhammer so quickly on you and other forum trolls that crawl out during losing streaks.  DM is a much more tolerant individual than I am, clearly.

Edited by Devilsfan118, 25 October 2013 - 02:50 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#3 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:48 PM

i really hope this is a joke.. i mean seriously.. yea the gm of a major league hockey team is losing his mind and has Alzheimer's but theyre still letting him run the team.. honestly shut the fvck up i hope you are not as dumb as you sound boss.. and if you are then my god i feel bad for the people that have to deal with you in real life.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#4 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:52 PM

I forgot...what was the question 

#5 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

A few serious miss steps the last couple of years, but I don't think its a mental slip. No one is perfect, no one is always going to do the right thing. He has brought this franchise 3 cups, and for the most part over the last 20 odd years we have been a team that can contend.

I don't think there is anyone out there that can turn this franchise around over night, he's been blindsided by a few departures that no one really expected (kovy/parise). I imagine if aaron Rodgers left the packers suddenly they would suck to, if brees left the saints, if brady left the patriots. Can't fault him for kovy, maybe on parise he shoulda locked the guy up sooner, but I guess parise always knew where he was going to play when his contract was up, given the fact we gave him the competitive offer.

Schneider for what we paid, was a steal. While not marty in his prime, Schneider is still going to be solid. This was our most glaring issue going forward. We have some good defensive prospects and a solid goal tender for the future. While this year, the next and maybe the year after that is bleak, we have the foundation for another solid team.

All we need now is some young forward prospects.

It does suck that we are a draft lottery team this year with no 1st, but we will recover.

P.S this is my reaction with a level head, I will curse this team and eventually give up on the boards and watching them at some point this year if they continue these losing ways. But I have faith in Lou still, and I can see our team a few years from now being a very good team. Good defense and good goal tending is a recipe to win even in todays higher scoring NHL.

Edited by Sneax, 25 October 2013 - 02:56 PM.

#6 Steadevils

Steadevils

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:59 PM

The speculation on alzheimers/dementia is pointless, wrong and insensitive to anyone who has known people who have those diseases. Poor taste thread.

"I realized from Day 1 the way I played I'd never be a Gretzky or a Lemieux, well, a Mario I mean. I was never going to be a player to get standing ovations in a visitors' building."

-- Claude Lemieux - May 7, 1999

#7 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,988 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:59 PM

The Schnieder trade was a pretty good one for a guy who's supposedly mentally challenged :rolleyes:

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#8 ringtwins

ringtwins

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:28 PM

Name the gms with three cups
You do know that Devil fans are so used to being in the playoffs that people save their money for the later rounds, right? Triumph

#9 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,750 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

Name the gms with three cups

Ken Holland

Glen Sather

#10 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:36 PM

So, essentially, the team has finally hit the rough times that EVERY team hits, our fans can't handle it, and we're resorting to deciding that our HOF general manager must be suffering from some sort of mental issues. Because, it can't just be that winning doesn't last forever, right? Lou's gotta have dementia. :rolleyes:

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#11 jerseysteve

jerseysteve

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

There are 30 teams in the league.  Only one can win the cup.  We have won it 3 times in the last 18 years.  How many times have the Rags won during that period?  Philly?  Pittsburgh?  Montreal?  Its the law of averages.  The fact that the team was in much deeper financial poop than any of us realized, probably hampered the way in which Lou operated.  It's absolutely stupid, to start attacking Lou now.

#12 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

I shouldn't have even clicked on this thread. What a dumb suggestion

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#13 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,092 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

It was the Panera, Lou, it was the Panera.

i-know-it-was-you-fredo-o.gif

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#14 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:32 PM

First off, the answer is because you touch yourself at night. Secondly, what a stupid thread.

#15 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:33 PM

You don't retain your job with two new owners and show signs of not being on the ball. This thread is just silly.

#16 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,955 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

An 'is Lou senile' thread... I've seen it all now lol.

Edited by MadDog2020, 25 October 2013 - 07:14 PM.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#17 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

they have one at the little kids board at hfboards in the devils forum called "Is it time for Lou to go get his walking papers?"   

Edited by bobilly45, 25 October 2013 - 08:58 PM.

#18 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:09 PM

What else is he going to do? Because he couldve drafted better he has Alzheimers?

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#19 Ollie McKraut

Ollie McKraut

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:11 PM

That would explain not giving up the Matteau draft pick

Send us back to hell,
we've had out fill of heaven,
give us back our sins,
deadly one through seven

#20 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:36 PM

they have one at the little kids board at hfboards in the devils forum called "Is it time for Lou to go get his walking papers?"

lol i saw that also but didnt even bother to wasting my time clicking on it.. not sure why i chose to bother with this one.. probably because i felt annoyed at the 16 year olds who know nothing except the team name coming in here and saying stupid sh!t making themselves look completely retarded.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users