Photo

Lou's performance review - mental decline?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:47 PM

Grab your torches and pitchforks folks. If our new owners won't do it we'll run him out of the office ourselves.

815631765.gif

#22 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:51 AM

The responses thus far have made me chuckle.  At least something is entertaining! :-)

#23 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:33 PM

Eh, I don't have many problems with Lou, and don't think he's declining, but there are some questionable decisions going on.

Keeping the 29th overall pick is troubling, and I still don't get it. Maybe Lou thought we had a team that would win consistently and wasn't expecting any picks in the top 15 for some time.

I'm not sure how I feel about how he has managed the roster lately, either, to be honest. What he did to get Brunner to sign here was awesome. But even before Brunner was signed, it left very little room for Olesz, Tedenby, or Josefson to show what they can bring to the team. I am all for a bit of competition and fighting for the last few lineup spots, but the younger guys are at a disadvantage off the bat for not being acquainted to the game, and it's hard for me to believe that being scratched every game is not stunting Jake's growth as a player.

For some of the D decisions, I can't really get on Lou's case about. Volchenkov's contract is terrible, but the team needed the Ottawa version of him at the time, and overpayment came with that. Also, I'm convinced that Salvador brings more than just his on-ice performance (i.e. some kind of strong leadership). People sometimes get on my case for thinking so, but I'm not sure why else he was re-signed for three years based on one playoff run, after missing a full season.  But that 8 dmen disaster was awful for the team last year. Losing Urbom sucked a lot as well, since he seemed to be the only guy who could be the Volchenkov we all hoped for. I guess there's not much else you can do when half your D are unappealing to any other team or have low trade value (Harrold, Volch) and the other half could be a huge mistake to trade (Larsson, Fayne). I'm not against the Harrold signing, just as long as he's the 7th D. I think the AHL is important for Gelinas and Merrill if they aren't regularly in the NJ Devils lineup. All I know is if we lose another potentially good NHL player next year because of poor roster management, I'm gonna go nuts.

But for all this, there are also signings like Brunner and Jagr, trades like the ones for Cory or Loktionov, and some great drafting on defense (though this is more on the scouts). Things will all start making sense once the team starts winning, though.

#24 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:35 PM

Lou did a great job adding forward depth. If we do damage, this will be the biggest reason.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#25 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:59 AM

I dont agree with the topic but i find funny that the same posters always turn gorilla when someone say something bad about Lou lol

www.SterioDesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users