342 replies to this topic

#221 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:26 PM

Gelinas might just be our new #1 Dman. I dont think he will get sent down, the Devils spend a lot of time in the O-Zone with him on the ice. When Salvador gets back, we could expect Fayne to be the odd man out and Harrold could get sent down. Some interesting decisions ahead for PDB.

The entire has played much better the last two games. If they play like this, they will win more than they will lose, but then again, I think Boston had an off night.

What stood out was the 4 PPG. Unrealistic they will keep this up. Need to play better 5v5.

I just said it on Twitter, but if Gelinas is benched for Harrold, I fully expect the Generals to organize Devils' army into a mob to chase DeBoer out of town with torches and pitchforks.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#222 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:29 PM

Jags has 9 points in 11 games. Not bad for an old man.

He's outplayed Elias in my opinion.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#223 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:31 PM

WHATTA FVCKING WIN!!!

I predicted 3-2 Devils, close enough.

I thought we were doomed early on, and it seemed to be one of those nights.

Marty played well enough to get us a W on the road against a very good club.  He should start Tuesday IMHO....

Jagr is an absolute monster, and is our best forward this year.  His passing/playmaking is one of the greatest in NHL history, and he continues to show that in his old age.

Gelinas?!?!?  If he goes down at any point, we should all riot.  This kid is legit, and he fires that cannon shot on net whenever he gets the chance.  LOVE, LOVE his game.

How was he not here from the beginning of the season?!?  Better late than never....

Hopefully this is the type of momentum building win we needed to turn the season around.

LET'S GO DEVILS

EDIT:  Can I shotgun the creation of the next GDT?

Edited by ThreeCups, 26 October 2013 - 09:32 PM.

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#224 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:34 PM

WHATTA FVCKING WIN!!!

I predicted 3-2 Devils, close enough.

I thought we were doomed early on, and it seemed to be one of those nights.

Marty played well enough to get us a W on the road against a very good club.  He should start Tuesday IMHO....

Jagr is an absolute monster, and is our best forward this year.  His passing/playmaking is one of the greatest in NHL history, and he continues to show that in his old age.

Gelinas?!?!?  If he goes down at any point, we should all riot.  This kid is legit, and he fires that cannon shot on net whenever he gets the chance.  LOVE, LOVE his game.

How was he not here from the beginning of the season?!?  Better late than never....

Hopefully this is the type of momentum building win we needed to turn the season around.

LET'S GO DEVILS

EDIT:  Can I shotgun the creation of the next GDT?

Schneider has been much better than marty. Got to strongly disagree with you there on the start. The bruins scored early and easy, and as a result didn't match our desperation. He wasn't really tested all that much, nothing outstanding just decent goal tending on his part. Schneider had a bad game the other night aginst Columbus, but has been the only thing keeping us from looking like the rags this season on quite a few nights (i.e 6-0 embarrasments).

#225 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

love the background on the Devils site - at least the index page right now, all the towns in NJ. They scroll these at the games too. Too bad about half are infested with Flyers fans in south Jersey.

found my town!

http://i.imgur.com/kmubElX.jpg

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#226 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

Schneider has been much better than marty. Got to strongly disagree with you there on the start. The bruins scored early and easy, and as a result didn't match our desperation. He wasn't really tested all that much, nothing outstanding just decent goal tending on his part. Schneider had a bad game the other night aginst Columbus, but has been the only thing keeping us from looking like the rags this season on quite a few nights (i.e 6-0 embarrasments).

He got the W

I think there is no harm in giving him a string of a few starts to see what he can do.....Schneider has been better obviously.  But if it isn't translating into wins, who really cares?

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#227 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:37 PM

That was a thriller.  5on5 play must also improve for this team to make it, but the fact that they drew penalties in this game shows that there has been some improvement already.  TG says a lost tooth and stitches for Brunner on the critical penalty.  Best extraction ever!

4 Power play goals...

omg-wow-bro.gif

Wow!  Talk about Wiiging out.

Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#228 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

Marty played well tonight.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#229 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:40 PM

Pete and Lou decided on Marty to start so Cory stayed home with bruised ego oh sorry lower body soreness and Marty wins and becomes #1 starting goalie for NJ. Just as Marty planned it.

Great win Devils

I really hope you don't think what is going on. I believe Schneider will start vs. Tampa

Edited by Devs3cups, 26 October 2013 - 09:41 PM.

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#230 BigZ

BigZ

Albany Devil

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:43 PM

Whoa sweet

I miss Parise. 

#231 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:44 PM

I really hope you don't think what is going on. I believe Schneider will start vs. Tampa

No way, it will be Marty. Cory is done for the month

#232 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

Cory's done for the month?  Well...that's one way of putting it since we only have one game left this month :lol:

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#233 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:47 PM

well look at NY-Metro and the late 90's-00's:

Yankees dynasty, Rangers 94, us 95,00,03

if you count championship losses, then the yanks giants and us all been there done that too.

The only NY-area teams that did not go to championship games during the decade 1994-2003 were the Isles and Jets.

Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#234 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:49 PM

of course nary a headline on NHL.com about us beating Boston...

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#235 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:51 PM

He got the W

I think there is no harm in giving him a string of a few starts to see what he can do.....Schneider has been better obviously.  But if it isn't translating into wins, who really cares?

I hate that thinking, a qb's team wins and he's good because the team won. It's the logic of people that believe tim tebow won football games and not the broncos defense. Marty didn't really do anything to help us tonight, and he was no where near great in net tonight. We have all seen what marty has to offer at his age this season so far, as well as the end of last. I want us to go on a winning streak and carry on the momentum. I don't want us to lose a game against tampa because the old man lets in 2 softies.

We need to build on this win, otherwise it means nothing basically. If we can go on a 3-4 game win streak this team is back in the hunt. The "harm" is that we know what we have in marty he's shown it to us the last year and change.

#236 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:52 PM

of course nary a headline on NHL.com about us beating Boston...

In fairness there was a headline about it

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#237 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:56 PM

Damn tonight was a great win. I can't remember the last time I got so damn happy and excited watching a Devils game.

love the background on the Devils site - at least the index page right now, all the towns in NJ. They scroll these at the games too. Too bad about half are infested with Flyers fans in south Jersey.

found my town!

http://i.imgur.com/kmubElX.jpg

I found mine too, but only because I saw a town that is close to mine. Seems to be that they are listed in clusters that way. Saw a "Go Devils" in the mix too lol.

Edited by NJDevils1214, 26 October 2013 - 09:58 PM.

815631765.gif

#238 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

No way, it will be Marty. Cory is done for the month

Where did you hear this?

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#239 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Martyy wasnt really good tonight... neither bad... i think he was a non factor in this win.... if we would score 1 or 2 goals like all the other game we would have lost....

I wonder what will happen with our defense... Cant sent down GĂ©linas

#240 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

Sux that the Rags and Flyers won too

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users