Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:59 PM

Sux that the Rags and Flyers won too

The Flyers helped us by winning.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#243 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:06 PM

Whoa sweet

must be a full moon tonight

#244 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,111 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:12 PM

This win had everything to do with the new chat rally cry!

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#245 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:32 PM

Looks like we'll be shopping for another goalie this off season.

Cory already did that.
Brodeur is giving up 6 minimum.

You should do more than laugh.
Like try paying attention because I'm usually right about everything and it's not too hard to predict what this team is going to do these days.

Hahahahaahhaah.

sh!thead

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#246 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,760 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:52 PM

Geez that was sweet.. Wont have to deal with my sister tomorrow calling me making fun of the devils ( shes a bruins fan )

www.SterioDesign.com

#247 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:04 PM

Roommate's a Bruins fan, makes it that much better.

Tonight's game could be one that gets us moving, motivates us to a steak. Hope for the best because tonight was a fantastic game to watch.

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#248 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:04 PM

i am happy they pulled it out. i had my doubts but glad to have the win

tumblr_m6654v10bq1qgnog3.gif

#249 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:06 PM

Night just got a whole lot worse for Boston fans.  Losing a World Series game on an obstruction call must cause fury.

Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#250 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,203 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:11 PM

Might as well post my own stuff since I'm actually glad to recap this one :P

http://newyorkpuck.c...-wild-comeback/

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#251 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:34 PM

Night just got a whole lot worse for Boston fans.  Losing a World Series game on an obstruction call must cause fury.

Yea. Not a good night for Boston sports fans.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#252 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:36 PM

a game like tonights felt amazing to watch the end of that third period.. finally as fans who watch every game we deserved that feeling we all felt for sure! its hard to follow a team that has been so bad for such a long stretch(last year also) but being a die hard fan to a team you love you have to take the good with the bad.. and this win felt amazing.. must be a saturday thing every saturday we score 4 goals a game ill take it lol (with last sat. nights win 4-0 against the rags) .. anyway sweet win and with marty in net wonderful for all the marty haters over here.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#253 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:45 PM

That GW goal was nice if we just pretend the last pass was actually a pass.

and of course Gionta eats the last shot of the game to buy himself another quarter of the season.  LOL.   I like his effort alot but he's never coming out of the damn lineup,  he's even out for the endgame shift

#254 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:49 PM

What happens now to Eric Gelinas? It's going to be hard to send him back down when he was a huge part of the first goal tonight, and had one of his own last game. I wonder if Harrold will be waived.

#255 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:54 PM

Night just got a whole lot worse for Boston fans. Losing a World Series game on an obstruction call must cause fury.

Being in Boston for both, they seemed to take the "**** it let's get drunk" approach lol

Edited by Colin226, 26 October 2013 - 11:54 PM.

Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#256 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:57 PM

What happens now to Eric Gelinas? It's going to be hard to send him back down when he was a huge part of the first goal tonight, and had one of his own last game. I wonder if Harrold will be waived.

What happens now is that he is a New Jersey Devil for years to come.....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#257 jonnyd91

jonnyd91

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:01 AM

That GW goal was nice if we just pretend the last pass was actually a pass.

and of course Gionta eats the last shot of the game to buy himself another quarter of the season.  LOL.   I like his effort alot but he's never coming out of the damn lineup,  he's even out for the endgame shift

In all honesty who is better to replace him?  He is the best player we got for a 4th line role.  The argument of JJ or Teddy just doesn't fly because they don't belong on a 4th line.  They play better with better players but haven shown their worth or consistency to bump a 1-3rd line player out of the lineup.

tldr; Gionta does a great job for the role he is asked of.

Edited by jonnyd91, 27 October 2013 - 12:04 AM.

#258 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:14 AM

In all honesty who is better to replace him?  He is the best player we got for a 4th line role.  The argument of JJ or Teddy just doesn't fly because they don't belong on a 4th line.  They play better with better players but haven shown their worth or consistency to bump a 1-3rd line player out of the lineup.

tldr; Gionta does a great job for the role he is asked of.

But that's the problem, is that he does make plays through hustle and such, and he can skate without looking like he sh!t his pants.   The problem though is that this team is built inside out.   Short of having a first line that can stand up to the production of normal first lines, the bottom half guys have to produce.   If they had two strong lines and a decent three, having someone like him on the 4th is no problem at all, you'd rather have better but in the big picture at least he's not a guy who plays to get punched in the face by someone else.

I just don't think this team can be like that.

#259 jonnyd91

jonnyd91

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:29 AM

But that's the problem, is that he does make plays through hustle and such, and he can skate without looking like he sh!t his pants.   The problem though is that this team is built inside out.   Short of having a first line that can stand up to the production of normal first lines, the bottom half guys have to produce.   If they had two strong lines and a decent three, having someone like him on the 4th is no problem at all, you'd rather have better but in the big picture at least he's not a guy who plays to get punched in the face by someone else.

I just don't think this team can be like that.

Agreed.  I believe we have one of the better 4th lines in the league.  I still have faith and truly believe this is new personnel growing pains.  No one thought Jagr would be this good. The truly sad part about it is if kovy didnt fvck us we wouldnt be having any of these conversations right now, but thats neither here nor there.  These are the cards we are dealt and if dopey keeps the right guys in the lineup I think we will be ok.

Edited by jonnyd91, 27 October 2013 - 12:29 AM.

#260 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:45 AM

Agreed.  I believe we have one of the better 4th lines in the league.  I still have faith and truly believe this is new personnel growing pains.  No one thought Jagr would be this good. The truly sad part about it is if kovy didnt fvck us we wouldnt be having any of these conversations right now, but thats neither here nor there.  These are the cards we are dealt and if dopey keeps the right guys in the lineup I think we will be ok.

The 4th line isn't producing, it's losing badly.

Bernier and Gionta have one point each, on the same goal,  Gionta is -5 and Bernier is a ghasty -8.    If that continues this team will not win the way it is built. That's why a guy like Gionta has to come out of the lineup.    Their 3-4th lines HAVE to win for the team to win.   We are not going to outgun teams up top.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users