342 replies to this topic

#341 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,521 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

Funny, he didn't mention anything about being on the coaching hot seat or being desperate for a win.

Plus he did pull Marty, so Pete apparently disagrees with his own choice.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#342 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:31 PM

I really don't get your point. Should we be results oriented in judging if the move was correct or judge it sans results?

I think we should judge the move disregarding the result. I would have said it was the right move even if they didn't score. I've been a person arguing pulling a goalie early was correct when it didn't work out. So I obviously am not arguing this point only because it worked out.

Understood and agreed. 

I am just quoting Deboer supporting my statement that the tone of this forum would have been very different if they fire the puck into the EN 4 seconds later after pulling Marty,as I stated earlier in this thread.  There were people crying how the team sucks and that the season is over halfway through the game.  What would have those same people said if the outcome was different?  Trust me, you wouldn't have got a whole lot of the Pete made a great decision votes.  (I am not saying this is you)  

#343 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

Funny, he didn't mention anything about being on the coaching hot seat or being desperate for a win.

Yeah, because he would come out and say that. Come on man, you're better than arguing like that. That is just plain lazy and weak.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users