342 replies to this topic

#101 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,684 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

This is shaping up like the game that got Johnny Mac fired.

So who's the no-talent bum that's getting a hat trick, Gregory Campbell?

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#102 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Playing awful out there. Bruins are a good team granted. But there was suck from the crease out in that period. Gelinas looks good and Larsson looks better with him as a partner. Sometimes guys respond well to responsibility. I've seen it it with people in my own work career. I hope they keep that pairing together and let Larsson serve as kind of a mentor to Gelinas.

I think Larsson is more comfortable with someone his own age. If anything, I think you will see Gelinas mentor Larsson.. Gelinas has some swagger, which is a good thing. I think Adam may also see the bus to Albany in his future.

#103 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,684 posts

Zids was absolutely out of position on the third goal. that can't happen

He wasn't out of position he just got blown by, like Lucic was using rocket skates.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#104 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

So who's the no-talent bum that's getting a hat trick, Gregory Campbell?

No, but Iginla is going to send Pete a note thanking him for turn back the clock night. 

#105 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,363 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

I think Larsson is more comfortable with someone his own age. If anything, I think you will see Gelinas mentor Larsson.. Gelinas has some swagger, which is a good thing. I think Adam may also see the bus to Albany in his future.

By Gelinas' (and additionally Larsson's) comments, it's the other way around. Which is as it should. 

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#106 devils102

devils102

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:07 PM

On kind of a side note, but they were showing the highlights from the Bruins game seven against the Leafs last year in the first round -- has anyone been more spoiled than Boston sports fans the last 10 years or so? Not just winning teams, but amazing moments like that.  You can go back to the Sox winning after a hundred years as probably the highlight, but even just two weeks ago the Patriots won in the last five minutes and the same night the Sox came back from I think five runs against Tampa to win a playoff game... Crazy lucky right now.

Periods starting and it looks Pete ripped in a new one. Let's see what happens.

Posted Image

#107 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

On kind of a side note, but they were showing the highlights from the Bruins game seven against the Leafs last year in the first round -- has anyone been more spoiled than Boston sports fans the last 10 years or so? Not just winning teams, but amazing moments like that.  You can go back to the Sox winning after a hundred years as probably the highlight, but even just two weeks ago the Patriots won in the last five minutes and the same night the Sox came back from I think five runs against Tampa to win a playoff game... Crazy lucky right now.

Periods starting and it looks Pete ripped in a new one. Let's see what happens.

well look at NY-Metro and the late 90's-00's:

Yankees dynasty, Rangers 94, us 95,00,03

if you count championship losses, then the yanks giants and us all been there done that too.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#108 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,146 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

Not watching this one tonight, but it sure looks like more of the same, looking at the box score.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#109 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,684 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

It should have been 4-1 really, it looked almost like Boston flubbed that 3-on-1 on purpose - maybe they just want us to keep Pete around a little while longer.

#110 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

I don't know why, but the feeling we don't have a first overall pick makes this a lot worse. This team better have plans to turn things aroube, cause this is gonna be a long year.. We have good goaltending (By Schneids), but at the same time it can save us every game. Schneider is our future goalie, we have to show him something here.

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#111 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:22 PM

He wasn't out of position he just got blown by, like Lucic was using rocket skates.

That play developed from an offensive zone draw. Hardly the D's fault, as they got a 3 on 2 from our O zone start.  

#112 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:23 PM

Chico thinks one more Devs goal and its tied.

It's the whiskey talking.

#113 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,684 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

That hurried shot by Gionta on a two-on-one is the perfect reason why I can't get into these shot-based stats.  What a horrendously bad shot choice.

#114 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,684 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:31 PM

I don't know why, but the feeling we don't have a first overall pick makes this a lot worse. This team better have plans to turn things aroube, cause this is gonna be a long year.. We have good goaltending (By Schneids), but at the same time it can save us every game. Schneider is our future goalie, we have to show him something here.

It is almost like we've been cursed since Lou made that arrogant decision not to give up #29.  It's all been downhill since.

#115 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,321 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

well look at NY-Metro and the late 90's-00's:

Yankees dynasty, Rangers 94, us 95,00,03

if you count championship losses, then the yanks giants and us all been there done that too.

As a Devils, Yankees, and Giants fan born in 1988, I feel like I kind of had a year like this coming.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#116 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,363 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

That hurried shot by Gionta on a two-on-one is the perfect reason why I can't get into these shot-based stats.  What a horrendously bad shot choice.

You can't get into shot-based stats because a peripheral NHLer with a 5.8 career SH% messed up a good scoring chance? 

#117 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,684 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:34 PM

You can't get into shot-based stats because a peripheral NHLer with a 5.8 career SH% messed up a good scoring chance? 

It ain't like he's the only one that takes bad shots or low-percentage shots on this team.

#118 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,363 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:36 PM

It ain't like he's the only one that takes bad shots or low-percentage shots on this team.

Everyone, on every team takes them.

#119 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:40 PM

Nice quick rebound shot by Brunner. Love how willing he is to just throw it at the net.

believe-devs.jpg

#120 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:42 PM

Nice quick rebound shot by Brunner. Love how willing he is to just throw it at the net.

good things happen when you do that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users