26 replies to this topic

#21 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:29 PM

he just doesnt bury the puck in the net often and the team is depending on him to contribute this year.. as said by someone else earlier hes really like a 2nd line C he needs some talent with him ... with out the talent he is what he is right now
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#22 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,112 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:32 PM

he just doesnt bury the puck in the net often and the team is depending on him to contribute this year.. as said by someone else earlier hes really like a 2nd line C he needs some talent with him ... with out the talent he is what he is right now

If he plays with Elias and Jagr, I think he can put up points. But you can't break Patty, Lokti, and Jagr right now.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#23 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:38 PM

He had 7 goals and 16 assists (23 points) with a +3 in the second half of the season.  Still a 46-point pace, which is probably just below what I'd ideally want from him - maybe a low 50-point total.  That line was basically a one-man show offensively for the most part with Zajac doing the dirty work for Kovy and Palmeri just taking in oxygen.

Even Kovalchuk didn't do as much as you'd think in Lemaire's games.    He was 23-19-42 with Lemaire, in the 50's of games.   I think Zajac had close to 30 points in those games.   Basically their offense was Kovalchuk out front with Elias/Zajac/Rolston behind him.   Rolston actually earned his money for those 4 months or so

#24 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:38 PM

If he plays with Elias and Jagr, I think he can put up points. But you can't break Patty, Lokti, and Jagr right now.

elias and jagr arent top talent at their age either.. they are our teams top talent but not nhl top talent.. by top talent i obviously had ment ZP or kovalsuck
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#25 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:41 PM

He gets the C when Sal retires if its up to me.

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#26 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,112 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:51 PM

elias and jagr arent top talent at their age either.. they are our teams top talent but not nhl top talent.. by top talent i obviously had ment ZP or kovalsuck

Zajac doesn't need to be with elite players to produce. He just needs skilled line mates. Elias and Jagr are just that. Zajac also never did well with Kovalchuk. And Zajac carried Parise as much as it was the other way around. Parise without Zajac was a 65 point player. With Zajac, he was a PPG and better player.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#27 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,067 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:04 AM

Even Kovalchuk didn't do as much as you'd think in Lemaire's games.    He was 23-19-42 with Lemaire, in the 50's of games.   I think Zajac had close to 30 points in those games.   Basically their offense was Kovalchuk out front with Elias/Zajac/Rolston behind him.   Rolston actually earned his money for those 4 months or so

Going to make other points later, but yeah.  That run was built on save percentage, tremendous defense, and luck in one goal games.  They were not terrific offensively that year under Lemaire.  This is the kind of game they have to play this year.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users