55 replies to this topic

#1 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:33 AM

NJD return D Eric Gelinas and G Keith Kinkaid to Albany in the AHL.(@coreypronman) 

Edited by Marshall, 27 October 2013 - 01:02 PM.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#2 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

source?

#3 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,012 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:39 AM

What didn't Gelinas prove?

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#4 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:40 AM

source?

Pronman.

#5 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,770 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:42 AM

Gelinas was an emergency call-up, the Devils don't really have a choice right now, it's either that or send Larsson down and keep Gelinas up.  I'm much more happy that Kinkaid is going back than I am upset that Gelinas isn't staying.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#6 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:44 AM

Gelinas was an emergency call-up, the Devils don't really have a choice right now, it's either that or send Larsson down and keep Gelinas up.  I'm much more happy that Kinkaid is going back than I am upset that Gelinas isn't staying.

That occurred to me after the rage. 

Edit: you sure about that Tri? I know Kinkaid was an emergency call-up, but Gelinas? Salvador went non-roster and now he's coming back.

Edited by Marshall, 27 October 2013 - 09:47 AM.

#7 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:50 AM

Gelinas was an emergency call-up, the Devils don't really have a choice right now, it's either that or send Larsson down and keep Gelinas up. I'm much more happy that Kinkaid is going back than I am upset that Gelinas isn't staying.

Yes, Schneider will be back soon

#8 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:56 AM

I didn't get a chance to see the last few games, but Gelinas play from the highlights I saw demonstrates that we need him here, especially for the PP. He's ready for the NHL and, as Lou said a few months ago, it is now on management to make the necessary moves to get him up here to stay.
Posted Image

#9 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,770 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:56 AM

That occurred to me after the rage. 

Edit: you sure about that Tri? I know Kinkaid was an emergency call-up, but Gelinas? Salvador went non-roster and now he's coming back.

Whether or not Gelinas was an emergency recall (and I suppose technically he isn't), Salvador was only leaving for a very short period of time.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#10 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,123 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:05 AM

Lou's trying to clear out a defenseman. He just didn't have enough time with Salvador coming back. Maybe it takes a week, maybe a month, but Gelinas will be back. No rush to force something in 24-48 hours.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#11 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,341 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:12 AM

Lou's trying to clear out a defenseman. He just didn't have enough time with Salvador coming back. Maybe it takes a week, maybe a month, but Gelinas will be back. No rush to force something in 24-48 hours.

Then put piece of sh!t Harrold on waivers then. If Gelinas isn't back up for the Tampa game, I'm gonna have a coronary.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#12 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:16 AM

our D is doing all the scoring and what pdb wants with his system.

to make up for kovy's shot/threat

watching it work the way its supposed to was splendid.

Posted Image

#13 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:47 AM

He is literally to essential to the system at this point imo to be sent down. What he brings is what this system desperately needs. A defensemen who can fire the puck from the point and get it on net.

BRING ON THE YOUTH MOVEMENT!

#14 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:48 AM

damn really enjoyed watching jelly.. hope we can dump someone off to bring him back
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#15 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:00 AM

Wow I'm super disappointed he got sent down. clearly the guy is someone we critically need.

I will just trust (and hope) that mgmt just needs time to move another dman

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#16 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:06 AM

Then put piece of sh!t Harrold on waivers then. If Gelinas isn't back up for the Tampa game, I'm gonna have a coronary.

Even if Harrold is waived, either Gelinas or Fayne would be the seventh dman. Would rather see Gelinas get consistent playing time in Albany.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#17 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,341 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:10 AM

Even if Harrold is waived, either Gelinas or Fayne would be the seventh dman. Would rather see Gelinas get consistent playing time in Albany.

Bullsh!t. Gelinas plays, period. When a guy comes up and plays like that, you make room. End of story, I don't care what needs to be done.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#18 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

+1

He should be with the big club for every game from here on out

He is literally to essential to the system at this point imo to be sent down. What he brings is what this system desperately needs. A defensemen who can fire the puck from the point and get it on net.

BRING ON THE YOUTH MOVEMENT!

PREACH!

Love the cannon blast of his, and he isn't afraid to let errrr rip!

Wow I'm super disappointed he got sent down. clearly the guy is someone we critically need.

I will just trust (and hope) that mgmt just needs time to move another dman

They better get it done before Tuesday

Scratch a veteran, figure it out.  Gelinas is HANDS DOWN one of our top 6 defenseman

Bullsh!t. Gelinas plays, period. When a guy comes up and plays like that, you make room. End of story, I don't care what needs to be done.

THIS

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#19 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

I realize Garrioch isn't the most popular writer, but there's this bit from his latest:

http://www.ottawasun...good-trade-bait

RUMOURS DU JOUR: New Jersey Devils GM Lou Lamoriello sent out an email last week offering up an unnamed "veteran defenceman" around. D Marek Zidlicky, 36, is the oldest player on the club's blueline while D Anton Volchenkov, D Peter Harrold and Andy Greene all qualify in the "veteran" category. It is doubtful the Devils will be able to move anybody. By the way, teams often send out an email without naming names to try to protect the innocent

If something really is in the works, the move makes sense. Even if something isn't in the works, as a few have noted already, someone had to go down to clear roster room for Salvador returning, and the only options on D were Gelinas or Larsson.  Personally I think it's temporary until Volchenkov or Fayne get "injured" the way Tedenby was "injured" to start the season.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#20 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

You never know,there could be a pending trade... Don't rule that our yet,just hope for the best.

Don't worry, the consensus on this board is that Gelinas needs to be in the lineup

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users