Photo

Red Bulls have won the Supporter's Shield!

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,938 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:05 PM

If the Giants, Jets, Mets, Yankees, Knicks, or Nets won a title, there'd be a thread about it here. Let's not all turn into a$$holes because there's a soccer one today, okay. It's really really REALLY simple.

Been posting on these boards for over a decade. In that time the Giants have won 2 Super Bowls, the Yankees a World Series, the Nets have been in two Finals, and there has never been a thread in Hell about any of that.

My two favourite sports to watch are the NBA and ATP tennis. I bet the average person who responded would say "who cares" and "basketball and tennis sucks". I happen to know that there is little to no interest for the NBA on these boards. So if someone responded saying "who cares" in the Locker Room forum, I'd be annoyed, but in the NHL forum....no chance.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#42 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

Maybe financially MLS is not near the NHL yet... but as far as entertainment and crowd... Sunday's match against Chicago that won the supporters shield was as intense, loud, crazy, and fun as the Ranger game 6 in 2012. Not even kidding. Watch the highlights. It was an amazing experience. The crowds at soccer matches make the Prudential Center look like a library.

#43 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:29 PM

Been posting on these boards for over a decade. In that time the Giants have won 2 Super Bowls, the Yankees a World Series, the Nets have been in two Finals, and there has never been a thread in Hell about any of that.

My two favourite sports to watch are the NBA and ATP tennis. I bet the average person who responded would say "who cares" and "basketball and tennis sucks". I happen to know that there is little to no interest for the NBA on these boards. So if someone responded saying "who cares" in the Locker Room forum, I'd be annoyed, but in the NHL forum....no chance.

Yeah, you're right, I should have probably posted this elsewhere. I've actually never been in the Locker Room, now I know better lol

#44 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

Maybe financially MLS is not near the NHL yet... but as far as entertainment and crowd... Sunday's match against Chicago that won the supporters shield was as intense, loud, crazy, and fun as the Ranger game 6 in 2012. Not even kidding. Watch the highlights. It was an amazing experience. The crowds at soccer matches make the Prudential Center look like a library.

Great....there are 10-15 home games all of which occur on weekends. Of course these games will be more "intense"

#45 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

Slightly off-topic, but I can vouch for how exciting soccer games are with a passionate fanbase. I was visiting my girlfriend in Brazil last year, and went to a Coritiba home game. When I got out of the car, I was frantically hustling inside because it was so loud I *had* to have missed the start of the match. Nope... got in there, and the deafening noise continued for the 90 MINUTES before the game even started.

Not saying a RBNY game is anything like that, but I digress.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#46 mxm262

mxm262

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

Maybe it has something to do with a SOCCER thread in a HOCKEY forum? If this doesn't get posted here, no one gets to bad mouth soccer."

Yet the "F this Red Bulls Comercial" thread has been up all month, no problem

#47 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:41 PM

This. I was in the South Ward for the game. It was an amazing experience.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#48 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:20 PM

Yet the "F this Red Bulls Comercial" thread has been up all month, no problem

Well it's slightly different.. We've had threads many times before discussing certain repetitive commercials that air during Devils broadcasts.. This one happens to involve a sports team.. Devoting a thread to another local team that won something is different and really it should be in the proper section of NJDevs for that
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#49 mxm262

mxm262

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:58 AM

Well it's slightly different.. We've had threads many times before discussing certain repetitive commercials that air during Devils broadcasts.. This one happens to involve a sports team.. Devoting a thread to another local team that won something is different and really it should be in the proper section of NJDevs for that

I'll agree the thread is in the wrong place & I'm not even that active an Red Bulls fan.

That being said, I kind of feel like the above justification is saying the other one is ok because its something people want to complain about. Someone comes on here with a positive with enough shared sentiment & its crapped on.

Sometimes this place feels like an NJ.com comments section, no positives allowed

#50 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:37 AM

I'll agree the thread is in the wrong place & I'm not even that active an Red Bulls fan.

That being said, I kind of feel like the above justification is saying the other one is ok because its something people want to complain about. Someone comes on here with a positive with enough shared sentiment & its crapped on.

Sometimes this place feels like an NJ.com comments section, no positives allowed

No his point is the other one is okay because it is something we all see multiple times during DEVILS broadcasts.  This thread however has nothing to do with the Devils at all.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#51 mxm262

mxm262

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

No his point is the other one is okay because it is something we all see multiple times during DEVILS broadcasts.  This thread however has nothing to do with the Devils at all.

Did I not agree the thread was in the wrong place? Don't really know why I'm bothering here.

I will continue to slowly marvel that the goal song thread will soon have more pages than the lockout one from LY.

#52 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:09 PM

Did I not agree the thread was in the wrong place? Don't really know why I'm bothering here.

I will continue to slowly marvel that the goal song thread will soon have more pages than the lockout one from LY.

You said the other thread was okay because it is something people want to complain about.  I'm trying to tell you the reason why that one is acceptable has nothing to do with complaining vs. positive, it is in this forum because it involves Devils broadcasts, that is it.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#53 mxm262

mxm262

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:13 PM

You said the other thread was okay because it is something people want to complain about.  I'm trying to tell you the reason why that one is acceptable has nothing to do with complaining vs. positive, it is in this forum because it involves Devils broadcasts, that is it.

Ok, I will just sit and wait for the next 3 page thread about how awesome something is, provided it comes into view during a broadcast.

#54 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

Ok, I will just sit and wait for the next 3 page thread about how awesome something is, provided it comes into view during a broadcast.

Well to take it a bit further we typically create threads to laugh at or complain about particular commercials, not just random topics relating to commercials.. For instance the "somebody left the gate open" commercial.. And typically these commercials are mentioned numerous times prior to thread creation in order to get a consensus that the commercial is annoying/funny to a large number of members.. And then yes, you may make a thread in Hell..

See, it's that simple :P
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users