Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:18 AM

Per TG

Salvador w/ foot fracture

Schneider lower body

Edited by jagknife, 28 October 2013 - 10:20 AM.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#2 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:20 AM

Schneider too? Well, he can come off on Friday if he feels OK, so it's not terrible. 

Status Clowe, err quo, on Ryane Clowe.

:giggle:  :giggle:  :giggle:

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#3 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:24 AM

Thought that was pretty funny too by TG

Kinkaid and Gelinas will be back up to fill their respective roles.

Harrold better get used to riding that freaking bench/prepped for his return to Albany

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#4 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

only question is how big of a hammer did lou use on sals foot?  and/or why was A-trains foot spared???

Edited by EdgeControl, 28 October 2013 - 10:29 AM.

#5 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

Thought that was pretty funny too by TG

Kinkaid and Gelinas will be back up to fill their respective roles.

Harrold better get used to riding that freaking bench/prepped for his return to Albany

Harold has been getting killed by the fans but really if he is played like he should- as a 7th defenseman making spot starts here and there- he could be really useful.

There is no way he should be starting regularly over a healthy Larsson gelinas or fayne.

#6 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:33 AM

Ok im glad to see the dmen situation has worked out.

But is corys injury something to be concerned about? Do we have any other details?

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#7 Lateralous

Lateralous

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:43 AM

Harold has been getting killed by the fans but really if he is played like he should- as a 7th defenseman making spot starts here and there- he could be really useful.

There is no way he should be starting regularly over a healthy Larsson gelinas or fayne.

Exactly. Harold is the ideal #7 defenseman who can step in when needed. It all goes back to Lou re-signing too many veteran defenseman and DeBoer's mystifying line-up decisions. Seeing Harold out there too often in critical situations is what drives me nuts.

#8 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,326 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:00 AM

Lou is like the government... He just kicks the can down the road. I look forward to an actual permanent solution one day.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#9 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,757 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:02 AM

The solution to the problem of having too many players who are capable of taking an NHL shift?  I hope he never finds a solution to that.  

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#10 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,429 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:11 AM

Lou is like the government... He just kicks the can down the road. I look forward to an actual permanent solution one day.

This is actually a fair analogy lol. God, sometimes I really get tired of the games. Same with Tedenby's 'injury' earlier this year. Figures we only have one game till Saturday so Sal only misses tomorrow most likely.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#11 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,429 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:17 AM

The solution to the problem of having too many players who are capable of taking an NHL shift? I hope he never finds a solution to that.

Because having a bunch of third-fifth line forwards while continually misusing and wasting assets on defense has really done us a lot of good the last two years.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 28 October 2013 - 11:19 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#12 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:52 AM

meh, I think Lou ended up stockpiling talent at D which isnt' bad as im sure he would love to package something together for a star but that rarely happens. I think he holds out as long as he can and trades one to two players for picks or guys in the minors.

#13 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,757 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

Because having a bunch of third-fifth line forwards while continually misusing and wasting assets on defense has really done us a lot of good the last two years.

Having 7 capable forwards, as the Devils did at the beginning of 11-12, didn't do them a lot of good either.  And thankfully the offense was horrible in 10-11 so everyone here forgets the Magnan-Corrente days on defense.  Getting caught with sub-replacement players sucks.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#14 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:07 PM

Gelinas problem solved for now.. wonder how long salvador will be out for though
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#15 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:15 PM

Harrold is a perfect guy to have as a 7th defenseman, and Gionta is a perfect guy to have as a 13th forward.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#16 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,849 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:25 PM

The solution to the problem of having too many players who are capable of taking an NHL shift?  I hope he never finds a solution to that.  

As I said yesterday... Lou had time on his side and a plan..

How is having so many quality players ever a problem?

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#17 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

Harrold is a perfect guy to have as a 7th defenseman, and Gionta is a perfect guy to have as a 13th forward.

gio is not going to be used as a 13th forward not even sure why you would get that idea? There have been no signs by anyone that he woyld be coming out of the line up the coaching staff obviously likes the guy
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#18 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:35 PM

atleast a month for sal; unless he plays with a broke foot or isn't really broke, could be months.

that block shot was just stupid

Posted Image

#19 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:38 PM

the problem is when you have guys that sit because of numbers and not because of talent.

last year, when he had 8 guys and was forced to scratch good players that should have been starting, it created resentment for everyone - even the ones that were playing. athletes like knowing their role.

a guy like harrold understands he's a 7th when everyone is healthy. the other players understand he's a 7th. when a guy like fayne gets scratched, and it's not because of poor play - just because of "numbers", that does not sit well.

this year is a bit different because gelinas is a kid and if he rides the albany-newark shuttle as an injury replacement, so be it. but when it means that they have to waive a tedenby and scratch fayne/harrold to get him in - then the problems arise.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#20 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

gio is not going to be used as a 13th forward not even sure why you would get that idea? There have been no signs by anyone that he woyld be coming out of the line up the coaching staff obviously likes the guy

You missed the point. Gionta fits the bill for what a perfect 13th forward is. I realize he's not being used like it. I've said numerous times Josefson should be the everyday 4th line center.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users