238 replies to this topic

#221 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,877 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:31 AM

*facepalm* - you're hopeless.  A percentage of shots is so so so so so so so so so so much more important than faceoff %.  Go look at the guys who are top in the league in Fenwick % year after year vs. faceoff percentage, which players would you rather have?  Faceoffs lead to shots.  Shots (and consequently goals) are what win games.  You can't faceoff the puck into the net.

Alright listen,  stats always depends of the situation you can't just compare the 2 and say that one is better. Also those guys on top of the league there are getting results. Zajac isnt. Ridiculous to say a guy is "killing it" when he has nothing to show for. Say wtv you want, when Zajac is shooting the puck it's to score, he's not achieving that so no, he not killing it in that department. 

www.SterioDesign.com

#222 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:32 AM

You can't faceoff the puck into the net.

Oh no?

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=FURkM1OUdw0

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#223 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:47 AM

So Zajac is losing more faceoffs in the hopes the opposing center will score into their own net for him!! Strategery!!

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#224 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,731 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:08 PM

Alright listen,  stats always depends of the situation you can't just compare the 2 and say that one is better. Also those guys on top of the league there are getting results. Zajac isnt. Ridiculous to say a guy is "killing it" when he has nothing to show for. Say wtv you want, when Zajac is shooting the puck it's to score, he's not achieving that so no, he not killing it in that department. 

He's one of the top defensive players in the league.  No, he's not getting it done on the offensive end, but neither are his linemates.  Meanwhile, defensively, he's again a huge force.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#225 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:26 PM

Alright listen, stats always depends of the situation you can't just compare the 2 and say that one is better. Also those guys on top of the league there are getting results. Zajac isnt. Ridiculous to say a guy is "killing it" when he has nothing to show for. Say wtv you want, when Zajac is shooting the puck it's to score, he's not achieving that so no, he not killing it in that department.

are you arguing that we should have not resigned zajac and let him walk this offseason? Because otherwise I have no idea what point you are trying to make.

Everyone knows he's not been up to par offensively it's been beaten to death.

Sometimes after reading your posts I look like your avatar.

#226 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:38 PM

While I am happy to have a win heading into a few down days, I must admit being down as this little minny run has me excited to see how the team gells.

#227 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:48 PM

If you haven't watched the post game interview with Jagr, do it. 

http://devils.nhl.co...s.htm?id=689117

This guy is easily becoming one of my favorite Devils.  Love his attitude, you can easily see how much this guy loves the game.  I hope he doesn't retire after this season.

Posted Image

#228 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,877 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

are you arguing that we should have not resigned zajac and let him walk this offseason? Because otherwise I have no idea what point you are trying to make.

Everyone knows he's not been up to par offensively it's been beaten to death.

Sometimes after reading your posts I look like your avatar.

Nah not at all im glad we got him back, once all the real top line centers have resigned a post-new cba contract Zajac should be worth what he is. But he's incredibly overrated "defensively" here. People are mostly just trying to find something positive about him since he's not producing like he should.

Edited by SterioDesign, 30 October 2013 - 12:54 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#229 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,731 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:27 PM

Nah not at all im glad we got him back, once all the real top line centers have resigned a post-new cba contract Zajac should be worth what he is. But he's incredibly overrated "defensively" here. People are mostly just trying to find something positive about him since he's not producing like he should.

yeah, that's what it is.  It's not that the Devils get 60% of the shots when Zajac's on the ice, and that Zajac has been a play-driver for years, it's that people are trying to find positives about him.  

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#230 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

You mean overrated in the fact that he's probably one of the best defensive center's in the league. Yeah, overrated. He's only overrated if you pretend that he's had a contract for $5.75M per his whole career. The one he's 10 games into and already has people throwing him under the bus for.

Edited by ATLL765, 30 October 2013 - 01:45 PM.

#231 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:14 PM

Well SD, are his defensive contributions worth 3.5 million? Because that's his salary this year. 

Edited by Marshall, 30 October 2013 - 02:14 PM.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#232 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

so far this season there has not been one game where zajac has not jumped out at me by making a solid defensive play. It seems as though he is always the guy back checking to break up odd man rushes and he is always out there in crucial defensive situations.

He probably isn't worth the contract now but would have gotten better via fa. So I have no problems with it.

Even if he doesn't score another goal in his career as long as he plays this caliber defense and adds 30 assists then his contract will not be nearly as bad as some make it out to be.

#233 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:11 PM

Posted Today, 03:18 PM

You might be one of my favorite poster's ever.

gonna be a long season.

Edited by lazer, 30 October 2013 - 03:21 PM.

Posted Image

#234 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

yeah

Edited by lazer, 30 October 2013 - 03:20 PM.

Posted Image

#235 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,492 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

This guy is easily becoming one of my favorite Devils.  Love his attitude, you can easily see how much this guy loves the game.  I hope he doesn't retire after this season.

i was just thinking the same things about hoping he doesnt retire after this year.. his attitude is awesome guys a true character not too serious can joke around a little bit.. knows he is basically the man and isnt going to listen to anyone tell him other wise but also knows he can back that up.. dude is pretty cool in my book!
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#236 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:43 PM

i was just thinking the same things about hoping he doesnt retire after this year.. his attitude is awesome guys a true character not too serious can joke around a little bit.. knows he is basically the man and isnt going to listen to anyone tell him other wise but also knows he can back that up.. dude is pretty cool in my book!

I think he winks more than Rolston, ha
Posted Image

#237 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

I think he winks more than Rolston, ha

Yeah, but he forechecks and scores to back those winks up.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#238 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,492 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:43 PM

Yeah, but he forechecks and scores to back those winks up.

thats what counts right there!
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#239 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

He is awesome... he made my day this morning when i was listening to that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users