102 replies to this topic

#21 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:16 AM

Because I don't see the appeal of watching a game outside from a bad angle in the cold or worse yet, we get one of those warm days and the ice is absolute garbage. I'd much rather either be watching the game in Newark or watching it on TV with better camera angles than I'm gonna get with this game.

Don't be so indignant....

#22 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:19 AM

Don't be so indignant....

You need to learn to use a dictionary. I know you think you can change definitions of words, but for me to be indignant, I have to be offended or perceive an offense against me. So yeah, you're how much older than I and you don't have a grasp on the English language?

Glad you're more mature though, LOL.

Edited by ATLL765, 30 October 2013 - 11:20 AM.

#23 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:26 AM

You need to learn to use a dictionary. I know you think you can change definitions of words, but for me to be indignant, I have to be offended or perceive an offense against me. So yeah, you're how much older than I and you don't have a grasp on the English language?

Glad you're more mature though, LOL.

The sarcasm clearly went over your head. Not surprising. But honestly though please stay home in January. don't forget to chant "you suck" from the couch  :giggle:

#24 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:45 AM

The sarcasm clearly went over your head. Not surprising. But honestly though please stay home in January. don't forget to chant "you suck" from the couch :giggle:

I'm sure you're a blast at parties.

n2eg.jpg

#25 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

I'm sure you're a blast at parties.

You wouldn't like the ones i attend. Families and children are present. Brah.

#26 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:24 PM

Your first mistake was going to get a Jagr jersey... :lol:

Just kidding..

But I hope we use the retro unis.  I'm in love with them.  Got a Marty 29 when they first went on sale.  I stopped in the Devs den after the game last night and saw a huge rack with them (160 no name, which is bonkers) and I want an Elias.  I'm going to wait to see what we officially come out with for this game.  Whatever it is, I want one..  

Posted Image Posted Image

#27 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:27 PM

I hate the idea of wearing throwbacks ever. I knew something like this was going to happen. Lou was going to say no but the league was going to make them do something. There's only one retro to choose from. And of course they're going to make it a devils home game so they can can keep 41 at MSG

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#28 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

Sometimes Lou has to just let it go. What's that bad about a 3rd jersey? Might even make a little extra cash from it. Some of the concepts I've seen are pretty badass too especially the ones that are black with red trim.

Edited by Jerzey Devil, 30 October 2013 - 12:35 PM.

#29 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

You can definitely see that Vanderbeek was driving the throwback jersey game thing the past couple of years. I guess it was a compromise with Lou to have them be worn for only 1 game. It took a league mandate to get the Devils to wear the throwback stuff for a special event

I also think it's Lou and only Lou who's gotten rid of R&R part 2, because nobody, not even the new owners could be so stubborn.

^^^^This.

#30 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

Some of you guys are way too jaded. Jeez, if you want a throwback jersey, get it; if you don't, don't. Same with overpriced tickets to an outdoor game. I got 4 tickets because it's something exciting, and something different. At the end of the day, it's just a game after all, and the outdoor concept is fun, for some. You're taking it all out of proportion and context when you get into debates about economics and consumerism, give it a rest.

You all should be thrilled at opportunities that allows our organization to get more press and make more revenue; and if you're not, if you think this is all capitalistic opportunistic bullsh!t, then don't cry about us losing out on players and free agents when our organization's budget is too tight to accommodate them.

The real crisis in our franchise this year is attendance, which has been abysmal so far, yet here we are quabling about how much we dislike third jerseys and Dolan's tax exemptions..

#31 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

Sometimes Lou has to just let it go. What's that bad about a 3rd jersey? Might even make a little extra cash from it. Some of the concepts I've seen are pretty badass too especially the ones that are black with red trim.

Third Jerseys are disgraceful. Black devils Jerseys with red trim would be an eyesore and a slap in the face top our great organization

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#32 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:48 PM

The sarcasm clearly went over your head. Not surprising. But honestly though please stay home in January. don't forget to chant "you suck" from the couch  :giggle:

What part of you can't change the definition of a word on a whim is hard to get? You used indignant improperly, it doesn't matter if you were sarcastic.

And you are made of cheese, sir! Don't worry because I've changed the definition of cheese to mean atoms, so it makes sense because I'm sarcastic!

Edited by ATLL765, 30 October 2013 - 01:49 PM.

#33 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

What part of you can't change the definition of a word on a whim is hard to get? You used indignant improperly, it doesn't matter if you were sarcastic.

And you are made of cheese, sir! Don't worry because I've changed the definition of cheese to mean atoms, so it makes sense because I'm sarcastic!

Does this still mean you'll be chanting "you suck" from your couch while the rest us us enjoy the event for what it's for, the weather and atmosphere? 

#34 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

Does this still mean you'll be chanting "you suck" from your couch while the rest us us enjoy the event for what it's for, the weather and atmosphere? 

But everyone else is immature..............

#35 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:52 PM

I cared so much more about this in the summer for some reason lol.

6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#36 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,949 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

You can definitely see that Vanderbeek was driving the throwback jersey game thing the past couple of years. I guess it was a compromise with Lou to have them be worn for only 1 game. It took a league mandate to get the Devils to wear the throwback stuff for a special event

I also think it's Lou and only Lou who's gotten rid of R&R part 2, because nobody, not even the new owners could be so stubborn.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Lou did this.  Let's face it.  Lou is not a fan friendly GM.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#37 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

That whore Devil sticking its ass out ain't exactly family friendly

#38 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

You clearly missed the sarcasm.....

#39 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:29 PM

It's sticking out so you can kiss it there, max.  :thumbsup:

#40 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

You clearly missed the sarcasm.....

You, on the other hand, are just reaching for effect.

Edited by TheRedStorm, 30 October 2013 - 05:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users