84 replies to this topic

#81 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,190 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:53 PM

it was a joke to try to lighten the mood after some serious off topic discussion.

If he wanted her to leave and she refused, there is a simple solution that does not involve violence.

Yeah! Tell her there's a cannoli outside and then when she goes to get it you shut the door and lock it! Problem solved.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#82 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:15 AM

Looks like those of you who think you're in a silent, enlightened minority aren't really, are you?

For all that think saying "I'm not saying it's OK to ____, but ..." justifies your writing such hateful things, we all understand that "but" means actually, that's exactly what you are saying, and exactly what you mean.

I'm sure your mother and sisters are proud to know you and proud to have helped shape your views on women.

This thread is a low point in njdevs.com history.

I'm here for the party

#83 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:46 AM

Looks like those of you who think you're in a silent, enlightened minority aren't really, are you?

For all that think saying "I'm not saying it's OK to ____, but ..." justifies your writing such hateful things, we all understand that "but" means actually, that's exactly what you are saying, and exactly what you mean.

I'm sure your mother and sisters are proud to know you and proud to have helped shape your views on women.

This thread is a low point in njdevs.com history.

If this is directed at me, you couldn't be more wrong about anything I posted.  I am not a hateful person at all and I am married with a 5-year-old daughter.  I would never lay a hand on either of them.   

Yes, there are men who are absolute scum, who strike their wives or girlfriends without mercy or warning, for anything and everything.  Those people are as rotten as it gets.  There is no justifying such behavior, EVER.  There are also WOMEN who think they can slap men whenever they're feeling emotional or angry.  That is also wrong. 

But part of what I was going for was that there's a big difference between a guy like I just described, and the guy who, one day, ONCE, in the heat of the moment, during a massive argument where perhaps the woman strikes him FIRST, and possibly MULTIPLE times, if he does nothing more in the act of self-defense than push her away or likely strike her, but yet it leaves a mark, this guy who has NEVER once committed an act of violence towards women in his life is now branded a woman-beater.  And I think this is a bit unfair, especially since these incidents all have a way of being lumped together, when it comes to males.          

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#84 Guadana

Guadana

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:18 AM

and... it`s done

that was i`m talked about

best jersey - jersey without surnames - only with numbers

#85 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,694 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:37 AM

it IS amazing how when stories like this (or the Johnathan Martin one as another example) get proven to be untrue....or skewed to show that the "victim" wasn't the innocent one how the story just disappears....no apology to the people affected and still labeled with what happened....no damnation of the accuser for blowing things out of proportion or flat out lying.....no consequences at all.....

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users