203 replies to this topic

#101 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,349 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:37 PM

Flyers only had to try 30% of the time since we pretty much only had 3-4 good shifts all night and maybe 4 scoring chances. They played this game with the urgency of pre season hockey. They should've been fresh and ready to go, instead they were apathetic and indifferent. Sands in the hourglass are getting short for Deboer.

I realize guys were out of the lineup. But Philly has guys out as well. No excuse. When the effort isn't there it's on the coach.

And it won't get easier tomorrow in Minnesota. Minnesota actually plays hard most of the game. Devils will likely lose 5-0 or something

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#102 Steven M.

Steven M.

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:38 PM

Can't wait to go to work in Philly tomorrow with all the neanderthals I work with. This was the worst game of hockey I've watched all season. Not only did both teams look disinterested but I myself felt disinterested. Just terrible hockey.

100601larry-david2.jpg

#103 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:38 PM

Damn I can't stomach losing to the Flyers. And after they disgraced themselves last night, fvck!

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#104 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:39 PM

pathetic

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#105 volchenkov28

volchenkov28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:40 PM

Just pathetic. No urgency no nothing.

#106 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:43 PM

every team around us wins tonight

#107 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,349 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:44 PM

13,700 tonight. That's really pathetic on a Saturday night against a rival at home. We've squandered all the good will and enthusiasm built up post 2012 cup run.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#108 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,325 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:46 PM

Thanks for reminding me why this team sucks, because they lose to teams as bad as the flyers.
fvck this whole organization.

Hardly see you post in the GDT the past two games and now you are all over this one. BigZ typical.

Just stop being a fan already. I see it is just too much for you so please just stop.

13,700 tonight. That's really pathetic on a Saturday night against a rival at home. We've squandered all the good will and enthusiasm built up post 2012 cup run.

This is what happens when you have owners who unlike JVB are sending out a thousand discount deals per game.

#109 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,013 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:48 PM

The Devils have played some bad hockey games in the calendar year for 2013 and this one ranks right up there with the worst of them. 14 shots against a Flyers team in turmoil that had to play the night before?! I don't care if Elias and Zajac are out, the Devils have to be a lot better than this.  I love hockey but the display by both teams tonight was really dreadful.

Already tough enough to have to fly to Minnesota for the 2nd game of a back-to-back. Hope this team finds a way to pull out a good result in that game.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl

My New Jersey Devils Prospect Blog
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#110 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:50 PM

Pathetic effort tonight, positively pathetic. What a waste of time.

Better come out flying tomorrow because they didn't play tonight.
25smul5.png

#111 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:51 PM

This is what happens when you have owners who unlike JVB are sending out a thousand discount deals per game.

Also what happens when you fvck with fan relations.   Make it hard to sell your tickets and kill the atmosphere.   It will get worse before it gets better.   Second half of last season is a lagging drag on STH.  That won't hit until next spring.

But hey, by sterilizing everything and not discounting everything they can get their paws on, they don't have to worry about those pesky kids anymore

Edited by maxpower, 02 November 2013 - 08:51 PM.

#112 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,873 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:51 PM

This was a joke. Knowing this team like I do, and knowing how they play on the road against teams from the west, they'll lose 5-1 tomorrow and DeBoer's seat starts getting hot again. I really really hope I'm wrong.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#113 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:52 PM

The Devils have played some bad hockey games in the calendar year for 2013 and this one ranks right up there with the worst of them. 14 shots against a Flyers team in turmoil that had to play the night before?! I don't care if Elias and Zajac are out, the Devils have to be a lot better than this.  I love hockey but the display by both teams tonight was really dreadful.

Already tough enough to have to fly to Minnesota for the 2nd game of a back-to-back. Hope this team finds a way to pull out a good result in that game.

not only is it 14 measly shots......we only had 3 in the third period of a home game in which we were only down 1 goal

Edited by The 29th Pick, 02 November 2013 - 08:53 PM.

#114 volchenkov28

volchenkov28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:53 PM

It's like they are focusing on minny and just overlooked the flyers. Horrible display. They were looking good for the last two games and they just stunk it up tonight. Horrible feeling.

#115 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,663 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:53 PM

This team makes it very hard to stay devoted to them sometimes.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#116 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,663 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:56 PM

There's really no point. The NHL is becoming more predictable season after season. Nothing proves that more than the teams in last year's ECF and WCF. It's becoming like baseball. Same teams year in and year out.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#117 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:57 PM

There's really no point. The NHL is becoming more predictable season after season. Nothing proves that more than the teams in last year's ECF and WCF. It's becoming like baseball. Same teams year in and year out.

The season before 3 of the 4 teams wouldn't have been predicted to be where they were when the playoffs started, the one that was wouldn't have at the beginning of the season, and a 6 seed had home ice in the Cup Finals

#118 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,496 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:58 PM

Also what happens when you fvck with fan relations. Make it hard to sell your tickets and kill the atmosphere. It will get worse before it gets better. Second half of last season is a lagging drag on STH. That won't hit until next spring.

But hey, by sterilizing everything and not discounting everything they can get their paws on, they don't have to worry about those pesky kids anymore

Shame. Because I really, really enjoyed the atmosphere during the SCF run a few years ago. That place was rocking (no pun intended) and now it's looking like it's going to trend back to CAA era intensity.

13k on a Saturday night against the flyers? That's horrible :lol:

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#119 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,663 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:00 PM

The season before 3 of the 4 teams wouldn't have been predicted to be where they were when the playoffs started, the one that was wouldn't have at the beginning of the season, and a 6 seed had home ice in the Cup Finals

Yeah except with the realignment the NHL it's going to be easier to see the same teams go to the Conference finals year in and year out.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#120 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:00 PM

they havent sold out a game yet have they?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users