I miss Parise. 

#122 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:03 PM

Shame. Because I really, really enjoyed the atmosphere during the SCF run a few years ago. That place was rocking (no pun intended) and now it's looking like it's going to trend back to CAA era intensity.

13k on a Saturday night against the flyers? That's horrible :lol:

It's just going to go back to what it was the first few years in Newark.   Empty early in the season and sterile.   Plus, honest attendance reporting.

They had hit on an oil well as turnout goes and they've decided to plug it up.    What they're trying to do now is what they did in Bergen County and it failed miserably, hell, I would not be surprised if they are aiming at that exact audience, to be honest.   Since you have new ownership and marketing folk are fly-by-nighters, they probably don't remember

Edited by maxpower, 02 November 2013 - 09:03 PM.

#123 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,226 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:05 PM

Parise scores at least 2 tomorrow

BigZ, I know MantaRay. BigZ you're no MantaRay.

Dan-Quayle-and-Lloyd-Bent-008.jpg

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#124 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,294 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:26 PM

this was about as bad as it gets.

outside of elias and jagr, everyone was dreadful tonight. gelinas did not have a good game - this was the first one where he made multiple mistakes. for all the clamoring for josefson, he was invisible, as was tedenby.

flyers did a good job turning this game to slop and dove for 2 calls (anton and jagr).

i did not like ryder's game despite his post shot and PP miss.

what sucks is they wasted a good jagr game and a good marty game.

usually, you don't get too overworked about games like this - they happen 3-5 times a year. but the devils horrendous start pretty much destroyed any margin for error they had. they will need a 7-2-1 run sometime in 2013 or you can kiss this season good bye.

oh, and the 13k in the crowd for saturday vs the flyers - that is bad news. someone mentioned earlier that they think the devils are still doing major discounts and the like - i would say the opposite. i don't hear anything about good packages and deals.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#125 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:32 PM

outside of elias and jagr, everyone was dreadful tonight. gelinas did not have a good game - this was the first one where he made multiple mistakes. for all the clamoring for josefson, he was invisible, as was tedenby.

flyers did a good job turning this game to slop and dove for 2 calls (anton and jagr).

usually, you don't get too overworked about games like this - they happen 3-5 times a year. but the devils horrendous start pretty much destroyed any margin for error they had. they will need a 7-2-1 run sometime in 2013 or you can kiss this season good bye.

oh, and the 13k in the crowd for saturday vs the flyers - that is bad news. someone mentioned earlier that they think the devils are still doing major discounts and the like - i would say the opposite. i don't hear anything about good packages and deals.

They're doing some things but nothing like the last two seasons where cheap ticket offers were falling out of the sky every day.   And they put asses in the seats with them.   Obviously they have different plans than JVB did.

#126 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:34 PM

Elias didn't play tonight :/

815631765.gif

#127 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,681 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:44 PM

Easily the most pathetic effort all season long.  On to Minny.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#128 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,681 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:47 PM

BTW, 13,705 people on a Saturday Night game against a big rival is also pretty sad.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#129 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:49 PM

What a disappointment ... seriously. . And I didnt even know who brown was to throw my popcorn in the right direction bahaaa
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#130 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,423 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:53 PM

I think you meant Zubrus and Jagr.  They and Marty were pretty much the only ones that showed up.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#131 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,149 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:54 PM

This team blows. What a pathetic performance. Shameful.

#132 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:56 PM

What a disappointment ... seriously. . And I didnt even know who brown was to throw my popcorn in the right direction bahaaa

there were only 4 people to choose from sitting in that section, you could have thrown popcorn at all 4 of them and woke them up

Edited by The 29th Pick, 02 November 2013 - 10:05 PM.

#133 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,681 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:58 PM

Dude I was the one all the way to the left in the very last row wearing the Henrique jersey.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#134 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,506 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:58 PM

Took my 5-year-old daughter to this one.  Just me and her.  Was hoping for so much better.  I'm going to have a hell of a time indoctrinating her if I keep subjecting her to steaming piles of dung like this game.

Low shots on goal total was a little misleading, but only a little.  The Devil still looked incredibly lifeless and out-of-sorts for most of the game, save for a select few.  Sucks to see a good Marty start go to waste, and sometimes I feel like many of Jagr's current teammates aren't worthy of Jagr's hockey smarts or work ethic. 

And god was the top row of 210 annoying as hell.  Bunch of dummies who apparently can't handle a few beers without losing their friggin' minds.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#135 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:01 PM

there were only 4 people to choose from sitting in that section, you could have thrown popcorn at all 4 of them and waked them up!

dude there were way more theb 4 people the entire section looked pretty full!!
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#136 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,681 posts

there were only 4 people to choose from sitting in that section, you could have thrown popcorn at all 4 of them and waked them up!

Man it would have taken a lot to wake anybody up tonight.  That game was boring as hell.  Philly was pretty flat as well.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#137 BigZ

BigZ

Albany Devil

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

BigZ, I know MantaRay. BigZ you're no MantaRay.

Dan-Quayle-and-Lloyd-Bent-008.jpg

Ok.
Parise scores 4 and has 2 assists.

I miss Parise. 

#138 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,226 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:05 PM

This game reminded me of Ben Folds Fives "The Battle of Who Could Care Less"

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#139 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:07 PM

Man it would have taken a lot to wake anybody up tonight.  That game was boring as hell.  Philly was pretty flat as well.

pretty sad when we play the flyers and the place is that dead

#140 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,681 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:10 PM

pretty sad when we play the flyers and the place is that dead

13,705 people on a Saturday night game against a rival.  WTF?!

BTW do you think the Devils players are just rebelling against Seven Nation Army?  /sarcasm

temp_zps55e0012a.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users