203 replies to this topic

#141 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:13 PM

Elias and Zajac aren't traveling with the team to Minny.  So it's most likely the same lineup tomorrow night.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#142 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,363 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:14 PM

Brodeur's save% is up to .888 and his GAA is down to 2.68.  Good for him...at least the numbers are heading in the right direction.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#143 BigZ

BigZ

Albany Devil

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:14 PM

Did somebody Elias had a good game tonight? Lol
Ya.
Hell have a good game tomorrow too when he doesn't play again.
Whoever thinks JJ & fake #9 are going to pick up the slack is sadly mistaken. There's no way those two would be in the NHL if they were apart of another organization.
If this team doesn't make moves next year, which they won't...:unless you call players like Clowe a move...they're screwed for years.
My question is...how does this team even remain in New Jersey at this point?

I miss Parise. 

#144 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:19 PM

Ya.
Whoever thinks JJ & fake #9 are going to pick up the slack is sadly mistaken. There's no way those two would be in the NHL if they were apart of another organization.
If this team doesn't make moves next year, which they won't...:unless you call players like Clowe a move...they're screwed for years.

You had me right up until your very last sentence.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#145 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:22 PM

Ya.

So are you still going to a "fan" when they become the Quebec Nordiques or Hamilton Devils?

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#146 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:31 PM

Ya.

Stable ownership, long term arena lease, solid crowd numbers for the most part, a winning history...etc.

n2eg.jpg

#147 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:36 PM

Stable ownership, long term arena lease, solid crowd numbers for the most part, a winning history...etc.

I just wished those solid crowd numbers would show up from October to December.  January to April is when our attendance is at its best.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#148 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:37 PM

I just wished those solid crowd numbers would show up from October to December.  January to April is when our attendance is at its best.

They were also giving away very cheap tickets last season, were coming off a finals run, they had their best player and he hadn't quit yet, and management also wasn't at war with the ticket base.

#149 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,971 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:01 PM

There is no chance in hell we win tomorrow. I just hope its a close game.

#150 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,180 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:06 PM

I just hope Parise doesn't score, but he probably will - we've been getting our teeth kicked in ever since Game 6 of the Finals in a million different ways, why not have Parise go off for a hat trick?

Tomorrow's got 4-1, 5-2 loss written on it either way.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#151 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,987 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:43 PM

And while yes they did fudge the numbers last year, they were mostly fudging 16,500 and up crowds into sellouts. It looked full on TV save for a smattering of empties. Now I see whole empty sections. It was really a shock for the Vancouver game for me. I would've bet anything that tonight would be AT LEAST 15,500.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#152 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:11 AM

And while yes they did fudge the numbers last year, they were mostly fudging 16,500 and up crowds into sellouts. It looked full on TV save for a smattering of empties. Now I see whole empty sections. It was really a shock for the Vancouver game for me. I would've bet anything that tonight would be AT LEAST 15,500.

Well there was a 15,500 crowd recorded in Ottawa the other night.  That NEVER happens.  They always have crowds north of 17,000 people.  I wonder if it's something league wide.

I was a little surprised the number was so low myself.  I thought at least 14,000 would have been the number.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#153 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:55 AM

13,705 people on a Saturday night game against a rival. WTF?!

BTW do you think the Devils players are just rebelling against Seven Nation Army? /sarcasm

I don't know what's going on. With the winter classic and no local competition we shouldn't be pulling in crowds like this. new owners blow.

Edited by devlman, 03 November 2013 - 12:57 AM.

#154 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:56 AM

I don't know what's going on. With the winter classic and no local competition we shouldn't be pulling in crowds like this. new owners blow.

Without these new owners, we would be owned by the league.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#155 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:32 AM

I don't understand why you find this that surprising.   It's obvious they're doing no single game sales whatsoever.   That's the disease from last awful season and the whole Kovalchuk fiasco and such.   It just hasn't carried over into seasons yet.     I would guess, if they're being honest, that their single game sales for this game were probably less than 1,500 tickets or so.   Not surprising since they top tiered this game and both teams blow

Edited by maxpower, 03 November 2013 - 02:32 AM.

#156 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:34 AM

We suck that's why. We've almost been irrelavent since the cup run. We lost pariae and kovy. Faces of the franchise. Why would people come. And tickets are what 17th most expensive in the league. Yeah.

#157 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:37 AM

Was there again tonight..

This game sucked.  We sucked, Philly sucked, but sucked a little less.

Marty was good, we have NO ONE that can score, based on pure goal scoring ability, and we suck..

Posted Image Posted Image

#158 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:52 AM

sloppy ineffective play.  with elias and zajac out the 2 and 3 lines just turn to cr@p. there are too few who play devils hockey, my honeymoon with brunner is over, can he get knocked off the puck enough and hit the cardio circuit kid,  , and what is ryder good for besides a wrist shot how many times do we dump in to forecheck and hes nowhere to be seen?  teddy looks lost and small, the 4th line magic has lost its shine.  only the old man and zubie played their game, if we played a real nhl team it would have been 4,5-0   (marty was solid)

patty and travis had better get back soon, or the next 10 games will end our season

#159 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,180 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:00 AM

They fudged them both ways last year to be honest - 13000 crowds turned into 12000 to accomodate pushing the 16500 ones up to a sellout.  

The accounting's more brutally honest this year, maybe to a fault though last night I actually thought it was low-mid 14000's as opposed to mid 13000.  And the dissapearance of 1000 seats to the sellout total still has yet to be explained.  It's almost like they want to underreport crowds for whatever reason (trying to justify the draconian fan policies I guess through already low attendance).

Even a mid-14000 crowd on a Saturday night would have been trouble for the Devils though.  You would think a lot of tickets got sold in advance but tiered pricing's (and the insane level of single-game prices for an Elite game) biting them in the butt early in the season.  There were a TON of seats available on Ticketmaster the day of the game.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 03 November 2013 - 08:01 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#160 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,045 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:13 AM

I just hope Parise doesn't score, but he probably will - we've been getting our teeth kicked in ever since Game 6 of the Finals in a million different ways, why not have Parise go off for a hat trick?

Tomorrow's got 4-1, 5-2 loss written on it either way.

Yep. sh!t like this never fails. I say 5-1 and Parise has 2 goals and 2 assists.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users