203 replies to this topic

#161 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,721 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:48 AM

And btw last night the Diablos were beyond annoying.  Was it really neccesary to ring the bell/toot the vuvuzela/play the horn literally nonstop?  I mean literally?  If you want to make noise that's fine, how about making your OWN noise instead of relying almost solely on props?  Or at least taper off the noisemakers a little.  At least then you wouldn't make us in the adjoining sections feel like we need earplugs (and I'm not a person that ever complains about the noise level of other fans) :rant:

It was particularly comical when you combined the Diablos WITH NJay and the drum in the third period...I thought I was at a concert with a boombox.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 03 November 2013 - 08:55 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#162 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:00 AM

I believe someone mentioned it on here earlier, but the music was very loud last night! Could barely have a conversation over it....

#163 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,721 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:14 AM

The music was even annoyingly loud during intermission, in the bathroom.  I don't know when this tradition started that stadiums have to jack up music to concert-level but it's gotten tenfold more annoying at Devils games this year.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#164 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,048 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:16 AM

This thread convinced me, I am never going to a game again.

#165 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:31 AM

I don't know what's going on. With the winter classic and no local competition we shouldn't be pulling in crowds like this. new owners blow.

I agree that the low attendance numbers are embarrassing but I also would be curious to know actual revenue numbers.. Maybe the higher tiered pricing actually brought in more money than a sold out game at lower prices.. Just like how Tampa Bay has high attendance, but charges very little for their seats and definitely doesn't pull in the gate revenue we do

Still, no one seems to care about actual revenue dollars so they just assume we have no fans and for that reason I do wish they would price the seats for consistent sellouts

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#166 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,721 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:34 AM

I'd say about 80% of the people in seats were sth's and some were plan-holders.  I doubt they sold very many single-game tickets (face value) for this one, where tiered pricing would really matter revenue-wise.  If anything tiered pricing combined with no discounts kept people out of the arena.  

Edited by NJDevs4978, 03 November 2013 - 09:36 AM.

#167 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:01 AM

Did somebody Elias had a good game tonight? Lol
Ya.
Hell have a good game tomorrow too when he doesn't play again.
Whoever thinks JJ & fake #9 are going to pick up the slack is sadly mistaken. There's no way those two would be in the NHL if they were apart of another organization.
If this team doesn't make moves next year, which they won't...:unless you call players like Clowe a move...they're screwed for years.
My question is...how does this team even remain in New Jersey at this point?

JJ had at least 3-4 really good picks in the neutral zone, which I've noticed is something he's particularly good at. He hustles all over the ice. I thought he looked pretty good last night.

As someone else said, can you please go away and stop pretending to be a fan? Seriously, you might as well be a robot with your ultra predictable posts. Absolutely nothing is added to the discussion when you post.

#168 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:14 AM

And btw last night the Diablos were beyond annoying.  Was it really neccesary to ring the bell/toot the vuvuzela/play the horn literally nonstop?  I mean literally?  If you want to make noise that's fine, how about making your OWN noise instead of relying almost solely on props?  Or at least taper off the noisemakers a little.  At least then you wouldn't make us in the adjoining sections feel like we need earplugs (and I'm not a person that ever complains about the noise level of other fans) :rant:

It was particularly comical when you combined the Diablos WITH NJay and the drum in the third period...I thought I was at a concert with a boombox.

Too funny. And by funny I mean annoying.  I refuse to sit in 122 because of this.  If I'm in the 100s I dont want to be within 3 sections on either side of them haha.

#169 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:32 AM

Too funny. And by funny I mean annoying.  I refuse to sit in 122 because of this.  If I'm in the 100s I dont want to be within 3 sections on either side of them haha.

hahahaaaa i feel the same way about that section theyre annoying as all hell.. i can totally understand cheering for the team trying to get the rest of the crowd involved but man theyre just over the top i think they feel like they run the place ... the guy with the cowbell especially i wana choke that damn guy
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#170 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,326 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:18 AM

Elias didn't play tonight :/

I think you meant Zubrus and Jagr.  They and Marty were pretty much the only ones that showed up.

yes - i meant zubrus - those two played very well.

elias was on my mind because i wore an elias jersey to the game because zajac wasn't playing and didn't want to wear that one which i was 1-0 wearing so far this year.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#171 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:20 AM

yes - i meant zubrus - those two played very well.

elias was on my mind because i wore an elias jersey to the game because zajac wasn't playing and didn't want to wear that one which i was 1-0 wearing so far this year.

guess you shouldve wore the zajac jersey lol i guess we can all blame you now for the loss..
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#172 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:42 AM

I agree that the low attendance numbers are embarrassing but I also would be curious to know actual revenue numbers.. Maybe the higher tiered pricing actually brought in more money than a sold out game at lower prices.. Just like how Tampa Bay has high attendance, but charges very little for their seats and definitely doesn't pull in the gate revenue we do

Still, no one seems to care about actual revenue dollars so they just assume we have no fans and for that reason I do wish they would price the seats for consistent sellouts

Revenue is something we won't know, but yeah it would def be interesting to see those numbers. We are in the best financial health the club has been in maybe ever. But empty buildings and dead atmospheres have been stigmas this fanbase has been trying very hard to overcome. Last couple years seemed like we finally turned the corner, only for the start of this season to be bad even by CAA standards.

#173 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,219 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:44 AM

All that euro soccer inspired garbage is incredibly annoying. We don't need a chant every 5 seconds. We don't need props.

That whole group is becoming an eye/ear sore.

I cheer for goals, I cheer loudly for them. But sometimes if you're there with somebody....you actually want to talk with them about the game or other things. During stoppages or during play...you just can't with the din these folks are making

Edited by '7', 03 November 2013 - 11:45 AM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#174 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:48 AM

All that euro soccer inspired garbage is incredibly annoying. We don't need a chant every 5 seconds. We don't need props.

That whole group is becoming an eye/ear sore.

I cheer for goals, I cheer loudly for them. But sometimes if you're there with somebody....you actually want to talk with them about the game or other things. During stoppages or during play...you just can't with the din these folks are making

That and the arena music is way too loud. You literally cannot speak to somebody sitting 2 seats away without screaming at them.

#175 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:51 AM

That and the arena music is way too loud. You literally cannot speak to somebody sitting 2 seats away without screaming at them.

i feel as if its gotten louder from last season.. maybe theyre trying to drown out fan volume on the tv or something
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#176 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:54 AM

i feel as if its gotten louder from last season.. maybe theyre trying to drown out fan volume on the tv or something

That cant be because there is no crowd volume on tv. That's one thing msg doesn't do, is mike our crowds properly. The network needs to lower cangi's volume and turn up the crowd. Same thing when NBC does our games.

#177 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:17 PM

This thread convinced me, I am never going to a game again.

Now I too am debating whether or not to go to a game anytime soon. I can deal with the team sucking if they are at least giving an honest effort, but eardrum-busting music and noise has the potential to make the fan experience unbearable.

Edited by 95Crash, 03 November 2013 - 12:17 PM.

#178 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:20 PM

Nah, I think it's the same it's always been. It's just always been too loud, lol.

#179 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:23 PM

Just a little advice for the guy with the horn or vuzuela or whatever the hell that thing is called, you do not need to blow it constantly for minutes on end, blow it a few times to get the chant going and thats it. Jesus....

believe-zubrus.jpg

#180 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:25 PM

Just a little advice for the guy with the horn or vuzuela or whatever the hell that thing is called, you do not need to blow it constantly for minutes on end, blow it a few times to get the chant going and thats it. Jesus....

I just don't understand how that guy isn't also really annoyed by the noise. I don't think I've met anyone who actually likes vuvuzelas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users