Devils Waive Olesz

thefiestygoat

Not surprised, he really has done nothing so far which is unfortunate cuz he had plenty of opportunity.

Cangelosi last night specifically mentioned how the team couldn't take olesz out because he's been so impressive and I couldn't believe my ears.

Edit: hopefully this means Elias and/or zajac will be good to go Thursday.

Edited by dmann422

He hasn't done anything to warrent much of a spot. Not that we have people who as well do but he hasn't done nothing so eh.. Who takes his spot though? Boucher,JJ,tedenby a trade?

I'd guess he's on waivers because Elias is back for the next game. JJ and Teddy will both stay in the lineup for now. I'd have to assume Teddy comes out when Zajac is back though. 

Olesz hasn't been great but I would've rather have seen Tedenby waived before him. Olesz has at least been mediocre which is more than I can say than for Tedenby.

I thought teddy had a great first period last night and was hoping he could build it, one shift in particular he was strong on the puck and helped cycle and keep sustained pressure, but then went missing after that mostly due to us being on he pk a bunch in the second.

Not surprised, he really has done nothing so far which is unfortunate cuz he had plenty of opportunity.

Cangelosi last night specifically mentioned how the team couldn't take olesz out because he's been so impressive and I couldn't believe my ears.

Edit: hopefully this means Elias and/or zajac will be good to go Thursday.

Steve and Chico were on fire last night with the stupid calls. How the hell was Chico so confused by that icing call in the 2nd? He was like uhhh, I think they're calling too many men. Chico, the linesman put his arm up, signalling the icing, then called it and Carter even goes 'hey I was gonna git der first' with his hands. At least Cangi corrected him.....

Olesz is worse than Tedenby? Wow. Someone in the front office just can't let go of Ted, I know he has been a good soldier and seens to be a nice guy, but I have no idea why this happening. Maybe Olesz has a bad attitude??? Let's hope this just the first move of something larger, unfortunately I have a feeling it signals Clowe is returning.

Edited by hystyk28

Chico was wrong in that but his premise was right. If you look at that the linesman blew the whistle before the puck crossed he end line... He was too busy watching the race to the faceoff dot to realize that the defender could have easily played the puck before it crossed.

That to me is one of the problems with the hybrid icing... The linesman can't simultaneously watch the puck and the race and will get calls wrong.

But yes Chico was really off last night. Particularly liked how harding's name stared out as hardy during the first 10 minutes lol.

I think the opposite. Hoping someone takes the contract.

Well, if he isn't claimed he'll be making his NHL money in the A, not something Lou wants to do. So is it a short term thing down there, or do they think he'll get gobbled up? My guess is they are done with him and thinks he'll get picked up.

Edited by hystyk28

I honestly haven't even noticed rusty on the ice. Could be a bad thing or a good thing. Teddy does nothing for me but at least he brings speed which we have none of besides henrique and Brunner. The more I see mason Raymond succeed in Toronto makes me wish we signed him for the 1 mil he got.

Olesz hasn't been great but I would've rather have seen Tedenby waived before him. Olesz has at least been mediocre which is more than I can say than for Tedenby.

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.    Olesz is on a one year deal, Tedenby is still a RFA 1st round pick.   On a team that sucks, the choice is obvious.   Let him play and see what happens.

I'd guess he's on waivers because Elias is back for the next game. JJ and Teddy will both stay in the lineup for now. I'd have to assume Teddy comes out when Zajac is back though. 

He doesn't need to be waived for roster reasons unless Clowe or one of the defensemen come back.   Tedenby and Josefson were already on the roster, if Zajac and Elias play two guys in the lineup come out and go into the box.   Obviously they made their decision on one of the guys coming out of the lineup.

Actually even with the defensemen, it's not like Merill is going to be able to play anyway, so he'd just go on IR and collect a paycheck for awhile, so really the only move that requires a waiver is Clowe.    

Edited by maxpower

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.    Olesz is on a one year deal, Tedenby is still a RFA 1st round pick.   On a team that sucks, the choice is obvious.   Let him play and see what happens.

He doesn't need to be waived for roster reasons unless Clowe or one of the defensemen come back.   Tedenby and Josefson were already on the roster, if Zajac and Elias play two guys in the lineup come out and go into the box.   Obviously they made their decision on one of the guys coming out of the lineup.

Actually even with the defensemen, it's not like Merill is going to be able to play anyway, so he'd just go on IR and collect a paycheck for awhile, so really the only move that requires a waiver is Clowe.    

Don't think Clowe has resumed skating yet. This is a curious move. Could be that Boucher, Timmins or Whitney is getting a shot

Yeah I think they played Olesz to see what he brings, and decided to cut ties with him before his games played bonus kicks in

Steve and Chico were on fire last night with the stupid calls. How the hell was Chico so confused by that icing call in the 2nd? He was like uhhh, I think they're calling too many men. Chico, the linesman put his arm up, signalling the icing, then called it and Carter even goes 'hey I was gonna git der first' with his hands. At least Cangi corrected him.....

Steve and Chico are so oblivious to whats on the ice. They're so late to identify a call or something that has happened.

As for Olesz, he has done nothing in his time here. Good riddance. Let Teddy get some playing time and build off his decent game yesterday.