86 replies to this topic

#41 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:51 PM

Really thought he would be utilized here in a fourth line role. Suffice to say, we've been asking too much

he's only a minus 1, our current 4th liners are hitting double digits in the minus column, maybe if he doesnt get claimed we should put him on the 4th line and get rid of ________.

#42 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:53 PM

Olesz has bad hands is slow and is not hotting anyone..oh and he has poor vision and has gotten worse with each game

bye bye

i dont even know why we picked him up in the first place
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#43 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:03 PM

Debo coached him in Florida (I think).....maybe he thought they could get him going like they did with Carter

#44 hystyk28

hystyk28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:10 PM

he's only a minus 1, our current 4th liners are hitting double digits in the minus column, maybe if he doesnt get claimed we should put him on the 4th line and get rid of ________.

Exactly, this is why I think he might have a bad attitude.

#45 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:51 PM

Meh. He was pretty useless.

Edited by Mike Brown, 04 November 2013 - 04:52 PM.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#46 hystyk28

hystyk28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:43 PM

Meh. He was pretty useless.

You might want to use names because I could put nearly the entire roster under tha description, especially the CBGB line.

#47 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:58 PM

It was worth a shot, only 1 mil cap hit, big body, former first rounder, but hes been absolutely invisible. Hopefully he stays in albany

#48 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,482 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:03 PM

He was a former #7 overall pick who had some pretty nice numbers before a real bad knee injury. It had potential to be a solid addition if he found his game again.

Edited by Devil Dan 56, 04 November 2013 - 07:03 PM.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#49 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,886 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:19 PM

I doubt the games played bonus had anything to do with it, according to TG it's $100,000 each after 60, 70, and 80 games.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#50 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,893 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:48 PM

He was a former #7 overall pick who had some pretty nice numbers before a real bad knee injury. It had potential to be a solid addition if he found his game again.

It still has potential, the guy isn't dead, and he's not a lock to be claimed on waivers either.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#51 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:15 PM

Weird, because when he was signed I didn't like it at all, but he won me over with his play actually. Idk what warranted a cut, maybe some scratches, but I thought he played pretty well. Oh well, that's basically how this season has gone
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#52 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:24 PM

You might want to use names because I could put nearly the entire roster under tha description, especially the CBGB line.

Well Gionta has looked really good recently.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#53 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,759 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:37 PM

i don't even notice him on ice so i guess it's expected.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#54 hystyk28

hystyk28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:09 AM

Well Gionta has looked really good recently.

I hope this is in jest.

#55 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:02 AM

Lou says this is for "roster flexibility"

Lamoriello said he wanted “roster flexibility for different situations.”

“The reason is very simplistic: to give me flexibility to bring in any type of player I want,” he said. “That doesn’t mean he’s definitely going to go down. We’ll just see what happens on the waivers.”

(If Olesz clears waivers, he could play in up to 10 games or remain on the roster up to 30 days and still be sent down without being put through waivers again. After 10 games played or 30 days on the roster, he would have to clear waivers again to be sent down.)

Olesz, 28, has no goals and two assists in 10 games with the Devils this season.
He signed a one-year contract with the Devils as an unrestricted free agent on July 5. That deal includes a $700,000 base salary and he can earn up to $300,000 more in games-played bonuses: $100,000 if he plays in 60 games and an additional $100,000 at the 70- and 80-game marks.

Lamoriello was careful to say that the decision to place Olesz on waivers was not an indication he was being singled out for playing poorly.

“He’s done everything asked of him,” Lamoriello said. “He works, he does everything, so we can’t be critical of him. At this time when you’ve got injuries, different people have to step their game up and it’s not only him. There are other people that haven’t.”

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#56 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:06 AM

We will start wining with this major move by Lou

#57 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,316 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:22 AM

agreed, I was thinking the same, that being said, Olesz is the least of our problems, Zajak turning into a checking center is really scarey, after losing Zach & Kovy we needed Zajak more then ever, instead we got John Madden w/ less Offensse!

Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#58 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:33 AM

Has anyone tracked the CBGB line's shifts, are they being used against top lines or has that only happened on a few occasions? are they getting tough matchups to free up our "supposedly, scoring lines" or are they just su(king against other bad lines?  and I know that they all play multiple roles now. so is it time to break them up?

#59 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:34 AM

We will start wining with this major move by Lou

LOL
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#60 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:45 AM

Get rid of him... let play the youngster... We loose anyways,  Some Josefson tedenby and boucher action could'nt make it worse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users