Photo

Marty would consider a trade to a contender!!!

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,424 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:07 AM

Well this is a prime example of why we get so many status quo answers from Lou.  What a ridiculous question.  Endearing of Marty to listen and try to answer honestly.  I dont think most guys would.  Most woudl say "That's not really part of my thinking at this point.  I need to focus on this team and how to make my game better here. I'm not going to think about anything else right now."  durrr....:blahblah:  If not take Marty's road of honesty,  I'd really rather they do a Tortorella and say "Rich, fvck you"

I'm here for the party

#42 hystyk28

hystyk28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:12 AM

Let's say that the team continues down it's current path, what would he fetch and by what possible teams?

I know most gravatate toward Montreal, but I see the Islanders as a fit for a conditional 2nd based on playoff appearances or wins, sliding to a 3rd if not met. Then he could just re-sign in the summer with NJ. Marty, I believe, plans on playing at least one more year in a reduced role, hell he might try 2 more depending on his health, especially if Schneids leaves (this is by no means support for such a decision)

Edited by hystyk28, 06 November 2013 - 11:13 AM.

#43 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:22 AM

Let's say that the team continues down it's current path, what would he fetch and by what possible teams?

I know most gravatate toward Montreal, but I see the Islanders as a fit for a conditional 2nd based on playoff appearances or wins, sliding to a 3rd if not met. Then he could just re-sign in the summer with NJ. Marty, I believe, plans on playing at least one more year in a reduced role, hell he might try 2 more depending on his health, especially if Schneids leaves (this is by no means support for such a decision)

I have no idea, really, but Jonathan Willis wrote:

Brodeur would more obviously be a rental, with an extension with his new team unlikely. However, his willingness to join a contender will up his value. NHL general managers have also shown repeatedly that they value Stanley Cup experience; it’s difficult to think there wouldn’t be one or two who would jump at the chance to add Brodeur and his three Stanley Cup rings to their roster.

In short: Not only can the Devils trade Martin Brodeur, they can probably get a respectable package—something in the range of a first-round pick or a prospect and a lower pick—in trade for him.

http://bleacherrepor...-martin-brodeur

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#44 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:34 AM

I have no idea, really, but Jonathan Willis wrote:

http://bleacherrepor...-martin-brodeur

He's on crack.   I know weird things happen sometimes (Cam to STL, if you believe the rumors, a 2 was in play but the Devils took Sal, both were ridiculous overpayments for Cam).... but he's seriously on crack.

#45 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:59 AM

never say never....we need to improve the future of this team, and if a good team with one main goalie loses that goalie due to an injury late in the season....they might really want Marty

#46 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,785 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:08 PM

i dont think the return would be good enough to be worth seeing Marty with another jersey on after his whole career here. Brodeur has to retire as a Devils, without some kind of cheap Modano trick to sign one day for technicalities.

Well this would be giving up the "logical" way for "Sentimental" reasons. Not always the best thing to do

Edited by SterioDesign, 06 November 2013 - 12:10 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#47 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:14 PM

What an egotistical, selfish asshat Brodeur is. To say this now in November and imply your team isnt making the playoffs. He should No comment the question and move on.

Edited by devlman, 06 November 2013 - 12:16 PM.

#48 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,327 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:36 PM

i dont think the return would be good enough to be worth seeing Marty with another jersey on after his whole career here. Brodeur has to retire as a Devils, without some kind of cheap Modano trick to sign one day for technicalities.

Well this would be giving up the "logical" way for "Sentimental" reasons. Not always the best thing to do

agreed I honestly couldn't really see getting much for him at all.. hes not that great anymore and hes close to being done.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#49 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:53 PM

Don't underestimate what a team like Pittsburgh would give us if Fleury starts to slow down in February and/or Vokoun's still having injury issues.

#50 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:07 PM

Don't underestimate what a team like Pittsburgh would give us if Fleury starts to slow down in February and/or Vokoun's still having injury issues.

exaclty.......imagine if the rags lose the queen over the winter, they are up the creek without a paddle (I know we dont trade with the rags) but some teams really rely on one netminder

#51 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,275 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:34 PM

Well this is a prime example of why we get so many status quo answers from Lou. What a ridiculous question. Endearing of Marty to listen and try to answer honestly. I dont think most guys would. Most woudl say "That's not really part of my thinking at this point. I need to focus on this team and how to make my game better here. I'm not going to think about anything else right now." durrr....:blahblah: If not take Marty's road of honesty, I'd really rather they do a Tortorella and say "Rich, fvck you"

Amen to that, especially the last sentence :clap:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#52 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:38 PM

To not harp on how there's such a low demand for Marty amongst the other 29 GMs, why not look at ours first? There's no way in hell Lou trades Marty, knowing him as the old school, traditional GM he is. Marty is finishing his career in NJ.

6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#53 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:49 PM

i know that the headline doesnt match the comment but

even more reason cory should start every game.

may lose both in the next year but lets roll the dice on cory.

Posted Image

#54 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,327 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:50 PM

i know that the headline doesnt match the comment but

even more reason cory should start every game.

may lose both in the next year but lets roll the dice on cory.

definently a concern if this team doesnt start turning around for a while i doubt cory will want to stick around here hes already frustrated with whats going on in front of him.. hes going to want to go to a contender as well
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#55 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:36 PM

1sP8H4u.png

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#56 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,327 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:43 PM

1sP8H4u.png

drugs... what drugs
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#57 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,908 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:21 PM

1sP8H4u.png

He looks sorta like Dean Ambrose in this picture. Creepy.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#58 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:41 PM

Holy sh!t!  He does!

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#59 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,124 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:42 PM

1sP8H4u.png

No wonder he's missing easy shots. Guy is hammered all the time!

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#60 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,748 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:46 PM

Damn... he does. Nice call

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users