120 replies to this topic

#41 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:47 PM

It was.  He voluntarily checked himself into the nhlpa in-patient program.  Who care, though?  People make mistakes.  Look at Kenny Danyeko. 

I don't care at all, it's just fine with me, glad he's doing better. I was just thinking that LL loves guys that are undervalued and this is something that people would under value a player for.

#42 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,866 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:52 PM

Get the fvck outta here with this Lou. Seriously. And claim fvcking Tootoo. Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
Lamoriello said Janssen was called up to bring a different element to the lineup.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#43 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:53 PM

You guys can complain all you want, but was Olesz making any impact last game on a skill level? Not really, so neither will Cam.. But now we have someone in the lineup who won't let that sh!t-stain Simmonds or Hartnell run around and hit our top players with no consequence.

He's not staying in the lineup for long.

Put food on my family

#44 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:58 PM

You guys can complain all you want, but was Olesz making any impact last game on a skill level? Not really, so neither will Cam.. But now we have someone in the lineup who won't let that sh!t-stain Simmonds or Hartnell run around and hit our top players with no consequence.

yea to be honest olesz hasnt done sh!t anyways nor will hr most likely so why not call up cam and let him knock some of those flyer goons around.. when you dont have nuch to work with I guess you have to try out as many options for success until something works
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#45 Jmorc2003

Jmorc2003

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:00 PM

Get the fvck outta here with this Lou. Seriously. And claim fvcking Tootoo. Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
Lamoriello said Janssen was called up to bring a different element to the lineup.

+1

Ridic statement by Lou.

#46 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,866 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:05 PM

Yeah hopefully Lou claims Tootoo like anyone with common sense would do, and Janssen never gets in the lineup at all.

#47 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:24 PM

Yay! Stanley Cup baby!!!

Posted Image Posted Image

#48 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:41 PM

Words...cannot... good lord this team is fvcked....

We can't suck for Sam [Reinhart]. We don't have a first, Lou does realize this right?

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#49 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 26,893 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:50 PM

Tootoo is owed the rest of his salary and $2M next year.  I like Tootoo's game, but there's no way the Devils should claim him.

Steadevils:  I'm legitimately surprised at those lines, and maybe it'll mean that line will only play 5 or so minutes at ES.

Edited by Triumph, 06 November 2013 - 02:55 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#50 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,866 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:55 PM

Tootoo is owed the rest of his salary and $2M next year. I like Tootoo's game, but there's no way the Devils should claim him.

This team could use some grit, and he's be a nice addition to the fourth line. It 'aint my money, so I don't care.

#51 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:58 PM

This team could use some grit, and he's be a nice addition to the fourth line. It 'aint my money, so I don't care.

Tootoo is a good replacement for Clowe since he'll never play again !!!

#52 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 26,893 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:00 PM

The Devils literally do not have the cap room at this time to just add Tootoo.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#53 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:03 PM

They would if they sent Merrill back down. They're only $300k shy and Merrill's making $800k.

On a side not, they also would be able to if Trent Hunter and Eric Boulton weren't combining for over $900k in buyout penalties. Amazing how Brian Rolston screws us to this very day.....

Edited by NewarkDevil5, 06 November 2013 - 03:05 PM.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#54 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,866 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:12 PM

Then Lou should find some. Waive worthless Tedenby or something.

I realize it may not be THAT easy, but if you want a player and he can help you win, you find room for him.

#55 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:15 PM

You guys are insane? Claim Jordin Tootoo for almost $2M, are you out of your minds?

Then Lou should find some. Waive worthless Tedenby or something.

"Worthless Tedenby" has as many points this year as Tootoo..

One person says it, another person agrees and reposts it. And then you all repeat yourselves until you've convinced yourselves it's a great idea, to just claim Jordin Tootoo. That'll solve all our fvcking problems!

#56 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:15 PM

I'd rather have Jordin Tootoo at $2mill than Cam Janssen at $500k.

#57 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:18 PM

I'd rather have Jordin Tootoo at $2mill than Cam Janssen at $500k.

Really? You'd rather Jordin Tootoo at $2M for the next year and a half, one-way with no possibility of shedding off the roster via the AHL, vs. Cam Janssen at $500K with a two-way contract that we can send over to the AHL whenever we want??? 

You all have gone off the deep end, I want whatever it is everyone's smoking today....

#58 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,866 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:19 PM

I'd rather have Triumph at $2 mil than Cam Janssen for $50,000. Cam Janssen is utterly fvcking worthless.

#59 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:21 PM

Really? You'd rather Jordin Tootoo at $2M for the next year and a half, one-way with no possibility of shedding off the roster via the AHL, vs. Cam Janssen at $500K with a two-way contract that we can send over to the AHL whenever we want??? 

You all have gone off the deep end, I want whatever it is everyone's smoking today....

Tootoo at least has a track record for being able to play hockey. Maybe he hasn't put up much in the last 50 games, but at least he has measurable skills at doing something other than getting his face pummeled. He's only one half season removed from putting up 30 points.

#60 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:26 PM

Tootoo at least has a track record for being able to play hockey. Maybe he hasn't put up much in the last 50 games, but at least he has measurable skills at doing something other than getting his face pummeled. He's only one half season removed from putting up 30 points.

Half our roster is only a half season removed from being 2 games out of a Stanley Cup, including Brodeur, and we sh!t on them every chance we get.

Edited by DJ Eco, 06 November 2013 - 03:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users