218 replies to this topic

#181 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:46 PM

Man Toronto is gonna be a bitch tomorrow night.  Their forward depth is insane with Kessel, JVR, Kadri, Lupul, Raymond, Bolland, and Clarkson.  Their goalies also have a combined SV% of .936!  Their defense isn't great, so we have to attack them hard tomorrow night.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#182 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:10 AM

On another note, volchenkov played a good game! really love how he looks out there...

on the negative side... Where was brunner? somes game it like he is not playing... i dont know but i expect more from him.

Anyway we win

#183 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,541 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:12 AM

Nice win, and while the Devils suppressed scoring chances ridiculously, they didn't get that many of their own.  Toronto gives up all sorts of shots - NJ better get at least 30 tomorrow night.  It's time for someone like Brunner to really have a good game.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#184 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,265 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:18 AM

I know I shouldn't for my own sake; but I still have faith in this team as a playoff team...  it's a bunch of rejected parts that I hope eventually find their way.

We're only 4 pts out of 3rd in the division; and we have a game in hand; and it's still very early.

1 game at a time...

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#185 Christmas Tree

Christmas Tree

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:20 AM

I'm a Flyers fan, I live in Philadelphia, and seriously, congrats to Marty tonight, and to Jagr, who the Flyers should have held onto like a precious metal. My Flyers are the laughingstock of the NHL right now. A complete joke. I have no qualms about talking about how much they absolutely suck right now.

#186 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:29 AM

I know I shouldn't for my own sake; but I still have faith in this team as a playoff team...  it's a bunch of rejected parts that I hope eventually find their way.

We're only 4 pts out of 3rd in the division; and we have a game in hand; and it's still very early.

1 game at a time...

If that inexplicable loss to Philly last weekend was a win (and we all know it should have been with how much these Flyers are struggling), the perception of this team is completely different.  Would be 4 wins out of 5, and knocking on the third place door.  But only teams that are bad, or mediocre and having a bad night, lose games like that one.

Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#187 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:05 AM

Man Toronto is gonna be a bitch tomorrow night.  Their forward depth is insane with Kessel, JVR, Kadri, Lupul, Raymond, Bolland, and Clarkson.  Their goalies also have a combined SV% of .936!  Their defense isn't great, so we have to attack them hard tomorrow night.

Bolland's out fwiw and they have no centers. They just pulled Jerred Smithson off the garbage pile. They really just aren't very good and unless Reimer/Bernier are Hasek, that'll come down 

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#188 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:41 AM

Bolland's out fwiw and they have no centers. They just pulled Jerred Smithson off the garbage pile. They really just aren't very good and unless Reimer/Bernier are Hasek, that'll come down 

Seems like their forwards know how to finish on their few chances. Thats all that matters.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#189 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:53 AM

Congrats Marty

#190 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,847 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:04 AM

Haha aww poor baby wasn't important enough to get his game on. Why do you think about 30-40% of the people in america watch football. I'll give you one guess. Silly goose

Poor degenerate gambler can't watch football unless he has money on it.

Ban gambling on football and watch ratings plummet by at least 20-50%.

#191 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,352 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:05 AM

I like this better :P

https://pbs.twimg.co...AfNLC.jpg:large

(for some reason when I try to post it as a picture it says you're not allowed to use that extension in this community)

Damn that's pretty friggin' funny.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#192 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:07 AM

for a game where our heavy forechecking just wasnt there (was that due to the crash the net mandate?) we still controlled those clowns (flyers outright STINK). glad most of our defensemen came out safe as the flyers were boarding them on the dumps.

give me some of what marty and jagr are drinking!!! fingers crossed for gelly

#193 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:28 AM

great line by Chico  "the place is half empty, the fans arent even hanging around to boo anymore" !!!!!!!!!!!!!

This had me in stitches when I heard it.

"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#194 NLinfante

NLinfante

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:37 AM

We'll certainly take the win where we can get it. Perhaps most importantly was the little bit of puck luck we got on the deflections. Marty looked solid but oh my goodnees does Philly stink. There was about a 5 minute stretch in the third where they either iced the puck or crossed the blueline offside by 3 feet. Embarrassing stuff.

#195 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:57 AM

Janssen, Mike Brown and Tim Jackman all scored last night. I'd really like to know the odds of that ever happening again...

#196 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:07 AM

I'm a Flyers fan, I live in Philadelphia, and seriously, congrats to Marty tonight, and to Jagr, who the Flyers should have held onto like a precious metal. My Flyers are the laughingstock of the NHL right now. A complete joke. I have no qualms about talking about how much they absolutely suck right now.

The best things about the Flyers right now is the SkateZones :) I love the one in Voorhees. Holmgren lives around the block from me, and seems like a nice enough guy to say "Hi" to, but he has made some enormous mistakes recently. Philly has talent, but they are an absolute mess at the moment.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#197 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,243 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:11 AM

any chance of elias returning for tonights game?!
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#198 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:46 AM

Any word on Gelinas yet?

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#199 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:53 AM

The best things about the Flyers right now is the SkateZones :) I love the one in Voorhees. Holmgren lives around the block from me, and seems like a nice enough guy to say "Hi" to, but he has made some enormous mistakes recently. Philly has talent, but they are an absolute mess at the moment.

Have you ever had the...privilege of playing at the Coliseum in Voorhees? When I played in high school we used to have games there every now and again. What a DUMP. Exposed cement in the ice surface and holes in the rubber walkway to the ice, locker rooms that couldn't fit a whole high school team, old magnet style net posts, cooling systems that didn't work, huge puddles on the ice that lasted well into the period. Ugh. 

On another note has anyone heard that Giroux left the locker room after last night's game and refused to speak to the media leaving his teammates holding the bag? Nice job, captain.

#200 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:00 AM

Have you ever had the...privilege of playing at the Coliseum in Voorhees? When I played in high school we used to have games there every now and again. What a DUMP. Exposed cement in the ice surface and holes in the rubber walkway to the ice, locker rooms that couldn't fit a whole high school team, old magnet style net posts, cooling systems that didn't work, huge puddles on the ice that lasted well into the period. Ugh. 

On another note has anyone heard that Giroux left the locker room after last night's game and refused to speak to the media leaving his teammates holding the bag? Nice job, captain.

Giroux is a joke at this point.. His team was struggling last night and twice he took penalties (away from the play I think too) that put them on the PK.. Then, with like 5 mins left he throws an unnecessary hit on Volchenkov while play is moving up the ice the other way

Case and point, I really think he's more just a "decent player" who has been ruined by the "Flyer mentality" of hitting everything that moves and gooning it up.. Trade him to the Devils, we can teach him discipline and how to play respectable hockey

Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users