80 replies to this topic

#41 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:53 PM

Think Indy is a bit over hyped and rated.

#42 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,723 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:09 AM

Brady's SB wins had more to do with the Pats D.

Brady had as much to do with those Super Bowl wins as anyone else on the Pats.  He's shown the ability to win games with a terrific defense and a lousy defense, with good receivers and meh ones...same with running backs (he had the Pats in position to win both Super Bowls against the Giants, but the Genius' D couldn't stop the Giants both times).   

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#43 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,723 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:17 AM

This is definitely a great chance for the Jets to prove they're more than a week-to-week curiosity.  As far as the teams fighting for that 6th seed goes, EVERYTHING has been breaking right for the Jets...now it's on them to take advantage. 

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#44 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,202 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:57 AM

It's crazy how everyone around the Jets has figuratively dropped dead. 

Tennessee is 4-6

One of Miami or San Diego will be 4-6 after this week. The other a middling 5-5 (both have tough schedules)

Cleveland is playing the Bengals. Probably a better than 50% chance they will be 4-6

Baltimore is 4-5...toss up game in Chicago.

we might be in for an 8-8 wild card

The Jets can really seize the wildcard by the throat this weekend in Orchard Park, it'll give them another division/conference win and at 6-4 will put them solidly ahead of a bunch of teams. This means they'll lose.

If the Jets are 9-6 heading into Miami to finish the season, with wins over Buffalo, Miami, Cleveland, and Oakland (all very possible) and losses to Carolina and Baltimore...they may already have all the tiebreakers by then and the game will mean nothing.

Edited by '7', 15 November 2013 - 11:03 AM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#45 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:42 PM

Brady had as much to do with those Super Bowl wins as anyone else on the Pats.  He's shown the ability to win games with a terrific defense and a lousy defense, with good receivers and meh ones...same with running backs (he had the Pats in position to win both Super Bowls against the Giants, but the Genius' D couldn't stop the Giants both times).   

I don't want to diminish Brady's greatness, but ascribing him too much credit when the victory over the "Greatest Show of Turf" had more to do with your defense.  New England's D won the game by getting three huge St. Louis turnovers.   Without those turnovers you lose.  The 2004 team had Corey Dillion and a strong running game.    Brady is a great QB, but he didn't carry the team to those two superbowl wins.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#46 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:45 PM

So no matter what happens on the play, Troy Aikman sides with whatever the QB did or whatever penalty that was called that is beneficial to the QB -- got it.

Edited by 95Crash, 17 November 2013 - 07:46 PM.

#47 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,202 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:56 PM

Brief look at the developing playoff picture. The Jets got a sh!t ton of luck AGAIN and hold the 6th seed with a tiebreaker over Miami (division record is tiebreaker when both teams vying for the wild card are from the same division) Miami however has destiny in their own hands much like the Jets.

Miami has a brutal game against Carolina next week. They can be jeckyll and hyde like us...but I don't seem them winning it (they will keep it close) They also have to play New England and I don't like their chances in Pittsburgh. They beat us once, we beat them once, they'll likely beat Buffalo as well...Miami finishes 7-9

Cleveland...4-6. Play Pittsburgh twice. Play New England, Play Chicago. No way they're any better than 6-10. They're hanging by a thread. I can see them getting up for one of the Pittsburgh games and beating them though.

Baltimore...4-6. Licking their chops with Geno coming in next week. But they also have to deal with Pitt, Cinci, NE, Detroit as well. My gut says they go 3-3 and finish 7-9.

Raiders...4-6. Real tough team to evaluate. Not a ton of talent... plenty of team speed but make a sh!tload of stupid plays. With Dallas, KC, SD, Denver, and the Jets on the sched...I think the best they can muster up is 7-9 but 6-10 is more likely. Texans are just a joke now and I can't put much stock in their win today.

Tennessee...4-6. Winnable game next week but then a brutal stretch of indy-denver-arizona. Though they do finish with Texans-Jags. If they can beat Arizona (no easy task) then 8-8 might do it for them because they'd have the tiebreaker over us and Pittsburgh and Miami

Pittsburgh at 4-6. They're the one team I'd actually predict can run the table and just blow this thing apart...however if you look at them top to bottom they're really not that great. They can lose to Baltimore, they can lose to Cinci...they can certainly lose to GB right before Christmas when Rogers will be back. Heck would it shock anybody if even Cleveland picked them off along the way? Dangerous though. Would not count them out.

San Diego 4-6 with too much Denver/KC to deal with. Shovel dirt on them

And now we get to the 5-5 Jets. Crushing loss. Horrific performance by Geno. Another post bye week letdown. Really our only hope in Baltimore is that the Ravens might be deflated and fatigued after back to back OT games...the most recent a tough loss. Still, they are tough at home and would absolutely feast on somebody like Geno...who I don't think necessarily gets rattled...but just has a tough time reading defenses.

Edited by '7', 17 November 2013 - 08:07 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#48 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:07 PM

Wow refs blew that against San Fran on that call wow.

#49 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,723 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:58 PM

Every time the 2013 Jets seem poised to force people to take them seriously as more than a team in rebuilding mode, they have a game like today's.  They now have a -85 point differential.  They also have a lousy conference record (2-5). 

This loss was a tough one for the Jets, because at 6-4 they really would've been in terrific shape...3-3 in their last six probably would've gotten it done.  Hell, 3-3 might STILL get it done, as none of the teams in competition with them seem capable of putting any kind of real run together...but Jets aren't in great shape with tiebreakers.  Pittsburgh and Tennessee already have them against the Jets. 

BTW the Bills have the Falcons, Bucs, and Jags coming up as their next three games...they have a chance to get to 7-7 and sneak into this thing.  The race for #6 is getting crazier by the week...Jets could have buried the Bills completely today.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 17 November 2013 - 09:15 PM.

#30 FOREVER!

#50 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:51 PM

No one stopping denver. The most predicted Superbowl is Seattle vs denever. Looks like it might happen. Not many teams able stop these two teams

#51 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,932 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:37 AM

As a Niners fan, all I can say is UGH!

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#52 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:25 AM

Good luck to your team CR1976. Biggest Panthers game in 5 years and an extremely rare primetime game. Haven't been this excited for a regular season game....maybe ever. Should be a good one.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#53 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,723 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:45 AM

Good luck to your team CR1976. Biggest Panthers game in 5 years and an extremely rare primetime game. Haven't been this excited for a regular season game....maybe ever. Should be a good one.

Thank dr33, you too!  I think the big matchup is going to be NE's O vs. Carolina's D.  I think Carolina scores at least 27 tonight without much problem...the Patriot D is just too beat up.  So the question becomes whether or not Brady and Co. can put up 28+. 

#30 FOREVER!

#54 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:20 AM

Thank dr33, you too!  I think the big matchup is going to be NE's O vs. Carolina's D.  I think Carolina scores at least 27 tonight without much problem...the Patriot D is just too beat up.  So the question becomes whether or not Brady and Co. can put up 28+. 

I'd say they can. The secret is the Panthers defense hasn't faced an impressive pass offense yet this season. The 49ers matchup was perfect for them since the 49ers like to pound the ball, and the Panthers defense could match up with them easily. But there are a lot of question marks with this secondary as it's a band of misfits. And they really struggled with the only good TE they have played (Tony Gonzalez). So Brady spreading the offense out and running hurry up will be a different challenge for this defense. They also constantly rotate all 4-linemen in and out, so the hurry up offense will be key for NE.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#55 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,723 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:42 AM

I'm really curious to see what the plan is for the Pats O...if they're going to go all-out and go into "Shock and Awe"...basically say "Hey, we're back, the problems we've been having are temporary, we're not struggling anymore!" 

#30 FOREVER!

#56 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:20 PM

Carolina!!

#57 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,723 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:21 PM

Typical of the Genius' D.  Of course they don't get it done with the game on the line in the big spot.

Now it's on Brady to bail BB out yet again. 

#30 FOREVER!

#58 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:23 PM

Carolina is to much. Wins over San Fran and now the pats. Dam that's good

#59 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,723 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:24 PM

Carolina is to much. Wins over San Fran and now the pats. Dam that's good

Maybe you should wait until the game is over?

#30 FOREVER!

#60 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:25 PM

Predicted this three weeks ago lol sorry

Maybe you should wait until the game is over?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users