Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:00 PM

Jagr is awesome!

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#22 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:46 PM

Hey, does anyone know if Jagr is expected to play in Olympics?  If not it would be a nice little rest for him before the rest of the season.

Posted Image

#23 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,232 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:52 PM

It's funny...Jagr's almost like the rock star that didn't really enjoy it when he was on top of the world playing in sold-out stadiums, but is having a lot more fun playing in small clubs.  I think he loves the game much more now than he ever did at his peak.   

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#24 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:06 PM

Hey, does anyone know if Jagr is expected to play in Olympics?  If not it would be a nice little rest for him before the rest of the season.

Tough call.  But I think the player has a better handle on his own body than we do.  So if he feels he can play in the Olympics, I'm cool with it,

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#25 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:32 PM

Tough call.  But I think the player has a better handle on his own body than we do.  So if he feels he can play in the Olympics, I'm cool with it,

Not playing in the Olympics is def better for an older guy like Jagr. Whether he'd want to pass that up to stay rested for a run in the playoffs is up to him and I don't think I could ever blame a guy for wanting to represent his country, but I would think you feel those extra games if you make a deep run in the playoffs that year.

#26 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:28 PM

Not playing in the Olympics is def better for an older guy like Jagr. Whether he'd want to pass that up to stay rested for a run in the playoffs is up to him and I don't think I could ever blame a guy for wanting to represent his country, but I would think you feel those extra games if you make a deep run in the playoffs that year.

But then you have to worry about the rust factor.  Older players actually sometimes need to keep playing to stay loose.  Younger players are always ready to play no matter how long of a break they get.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#27 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:57 PM

But then you have to worry about the rust factor.  Older players actually sometimes need to keep playing to stay loose.  Younger players are always ready to play no matter how long of a break they get.

martin brodeur right there.. said himself he needs to keep playing to stay in his groove.. once they start switching back and forth and hes sits a couple in a row hes not as fresh as he would be if he was playing..and it shows too.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#28 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:46 PM

@NHLDevils: Jagr on his empty-netter: "Great move: spin-o-rama, backhand shot, top shelf. Faked the goalie out. What a great move, what a great deke."
Posted Image

#29 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,963 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:28 PM

@TGfireandice: Jagr: “I said that and I don’t want to sound smart, but I am.”

@TGfireandice: Jagr: "I just know things. I also know we're going to win the Stanley Cup. Dont' tell anybody."

while i do not believe in buying jerseys of guys that aren't here for a while, i may have to make an exception for jagr. this wouldn't exactly be an andreychuk jersey

I bought a Jagr t-shirt last week. And I actually have an Andreychuk jersey. I might be one of maybe 5 Devils fans with a Dave Andreychuk jersey rofl.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#30 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:27 PM

I bought a Jagr t-shirt last week. And I actually have an Andreychuk jersey. I might be one of maybe 5 Devils fans with a Dave Andreychuk jersey rofl.

It's funny that you mention that because there was actually someone wearing an Andreychuk jersey sitting in front of me on Friday and I made a mental note of it because I couldn't remember ever seeing one before haha.

believe-devs.jpg

#31 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:40 PM

I saw a Rob Skrlac jersey one night.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#32 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:38 PM

I have to admit that I may have been wrong about Jagr. He is really starting to find his niche here.

+1

Check out the thread where the Devils signed Jagr. To a man, almost everyone here was happy about it. Like you, I was one of the few that was skeptical of the Devils signing him.

I am proud to say he has won me over so far. I just hope he can last the season. That was my initial concern.

#33 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,957 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:04 PM

Jagr on linemate Zubrus: "He was good but we don't want to give him too much credit. His confidence is already high."

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#34 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:55 PM

Jagr on linemate Zubrus: "He was good but we don't want to give him too much credit. His confidence is already high."

:giggle:  :rofl:

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#35 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:31 PM

The way he is playing and by the sound of how much fun he is having I really would not be surprised if baring injury he stays in Tyne nhl another two or three years.

He is so dominant at possessing the puck in the offensive zone that it will take a long time for that skill to tail off to the point where he wouldn't be effective.

#36 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:04 PM

The way he is playing and by the sound of how much fun he is having I really would not be surprised if baring injury he stays in Tyne nhl another two or three years.
He is so dominant at possessing the puck in the offensive zone that it will take a long time for that skill to tail off to the point where he wouldn't be effective.

hes the best player on the team right now.. well between him and elias, scary in a way but hey hopefully he just stars shineing brighter and brighter
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#37 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:57 PM

Jagr cannot be the only forward producing if we wanna go far this year.  Our 2nd best scoring forward(s) all have 7 points.  We have 6 different forwards with 7 points.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#38 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,315 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:24 AM

:beerbang:

#39 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:55 AM

He had a gem talking to deb the other night, "my shot is like US missile, it always hit dee target."

#40 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,232 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:08 AM

Jagr cannot be the only forward producing if we wanna go far this year.  Our 2nd best scoring forward(s) all have 7 points.  We have 6 different forwards with 7 points.

At least Elias is a result of lack of games played.

As for the rest, it probably isn't going to get that much better, but some of those guys should approach .5-.6 points per game at least. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users