118 replies to this topic

#41 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:20 AM

At least Elias is a result of lack of games played.

As for the rest, it probably isn't going to get that much better, but some of those guys should approach .5-.6 points per game at least.

For Elias, I wanna see 60 points.
For Zajac and Henrique, I wanna see 50 points.
For Ryder, I wanna see 25 goals. Overall points don't concern me.
For Brunner, I wanna see 40 points.
For Zubrus I wanna see 30 points.

Overall I'm expecting Jagr to finish with around 50 points. Also we've been getting good production from our defense. That too needs to continue.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#42 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,128 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:41 AM

How is Jagr still able to be productive and look like one the freshest players in overtime at age 41? I witnessed a clue after tonight’s game.

After playing 20:14 in the overtime game, Jagr talked to the media in the locker room and then hopped on the stationary bicycle for a quick ride. And the Devils had another game coming up Los Angeles about 21 hours later.

“I have to make myself tired,” explained Jagr, still breathing heavy from his ride. “I’m a freak.”

At the end of almost every practice, Jagr does sets of skating back and forth from the blue line to red line. He has his linemates – Zubrus and Zajac – doing them now, too.

Jagr and Zubrus playfully scolded Zajac for forgetting to do them at the end of Monday’s practice, so Zajac did extra skating after Tuesday’s practice. That and his winning goal tonight didn’t keep Zajac from getting scolded by Jagr again after the game, though.

“He said I was a little slow on that last goal, so I won’t be allowed to miss another skate with him,” Zajac said.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#43 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,357 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:02 AM

For Elias, I wanna see 60 points.
For Zajac and Henrique, I wanna see 50 points.
For Ryder, I wanna see 25 goals. Overall points don't concern me.
For Brunner, I wanna see 40 points.
For Zubrus I wanna see 30 points.

Overall I'm expecting Jagr to finish with around 50 points. Also we've been getting good production from our defense. That too needs to continue.

My initial hope/prediction for Jags was 20-30-50

Now I am hoping for more like 25-35-60 or better!  The guy still has it....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#44 StormJosh

StormJosh

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:38 AM

How is Jagr still able to be productive and look like one the freshest players in overtime at age 41? I witnessed a clue after tonight’s game.

After playing 20:14 in the overtime game, Jagr talked to the media in the locker room and then hopped on the stationary bicycle for a quick ride. And the Devils had another game coming up Los Angeles about 21 hours later.

“I have to make myself tired,” explained Jagr, still breathing heavy from his ride. “I’m a freak.”

At the end of almost every practice, Jagr does sets of skating back and forth from the blue line to red line. He has his linemates – Zubrus and Zajac – doing them now, too.

Jagr and Zubrus playfully scolded Zajac for forgetting to do them at the end of Monday’s practice, so Zajac did extra skating after Tuesday’s practice. That and his winning goal tonight didn’t keep Zajac from getting scolded by Jagr again after the game, though.

“He said I was a little slow on that last goal, so I won’t be allowed to miss another skate with him,” Zajac said.

He is usually hours ahead of everyone else too just shooting pucks before practice, right?

#45 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:01 PM

He is usually hours ahead of everyone else too just shooting pucks before practice, right?

those are weighted pucks that is.. haha but really the guy just works so hard clearly to keep himself in real competitive shape.. he has his line mates working harder now as well which is a good sign he giving more to the team then goals and skilled play hes making them work harder as well
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#46 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:18 PM

off of HF

Posted Image

#47 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:20 PM

off of HF

BAHAHAA that gave me a good LOL
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#48 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,725 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:47 PM

off of HF

:rofl: I really needed a good laugh today.  Thnx. :D

Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#49 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:07 AM

My initial hope/prediction for Jags was 20-30-50

Now I am hoping for more like 25-35-60 or better!  The guy still has it....

That's a lot to expect from a 41 year old.  But it's possible.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#50 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:49 AM

NHL.com's quote of the day:

"I tied [Lemieux], but he probably played 600 less games than me. This is just a number, but he didn't play many games. If he would have played as many games as me, he would probably have 2,500 points and 900 goals."

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#51 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,279 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:17 AM

"With all respect to Brown, I am not that strong, so I think he acted a little bit," Jagr said. "I grabbed him and held him, but I am not 'The Terminator.' "

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#52 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:21 AM

"With all respect to Brown, I am not that strong, so I think he acted a little bit," Jagr said. "I grabbed him and held him, but I am not 'The Terminator.' "

im just glad the guy didnt get hurt after that hit he didnt look good and we cant afford to lose him going into saturday
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#53 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,282 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:35 AM

"My dad always said when I said “Hey Dad we lost the game but we played good’ and my dad always said, 'You’re not a figure skater. You don’t get points for looking good. You’ve got to score goals.'"

#54 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:48 AM

"My dad always said when I said “Hey Dad we lost the game but we played good’ and my dad always said, 'You’re not a figure skater. You don’t get points for looking good. You’ve got to score goals.'"

and after that he got 10 slashes and was forced to run 3 miles with a weighted back pack
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#55 munichdevil

munichdevil

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:51 AM

and after that he got 10 slashes and was forced to run 3 miles with a weighted back pack

Hasn't hurt him though.  :thumbsup:

#56 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,357 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:58 AM

Man, I love Jagr

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#57 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:20 AM

Man, I love Jagr

he was the best guy to have been brought in to try to replace chuk as best as possible.. he is just amazing really and at his age as well.. patty has looked a little dull lately you can tell he still isnt 100% out there yet
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#58 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,282 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:46 AM

he was the best guy to have been brought in to try to replace chuk as best as possible.. he is just amazing really and at his age as well.. patty has looked a little dull lately you can tell he still isnt 100% out there yet

No kidding. He's 2 goals away from matching Kovy's entire total in his 37 games last year. 

#59 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:51 AM

Oh man, Jagr is working towards being the star of the Winter Series show on NBC Sports, he'll be this year's Bryzgalov (but in good and funny way).

#60 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,323 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:05 AM

:rofl: I really needed a good laugh today.  Thnx. :D

Ovie did that his rookie year...     it wasn't as warmly received; because there is a huge difference between a rookie and a legend :)

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users