118 replies to this topic

#61 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:05 AM

Oh man, Jagr is working towards being the star of the Winter Series show on NBC Sports, he'll be this year's Bryzgalov (but in good and funny way).

Bryz found a place in my heart after his antics in the 24/7 show lol. I'm much happier that he's in the WC again though. Much easier to like him when he's out there, though it wasn't exactly hard to like him when he was even scoring for us by shooting it off Clarky.

Edited by ATLL765, 22 November 2013 - 11:05 AM.

#62 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,624 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:35 AM

Zajac said he was already hearing it from Jagr for failing to covert on his many good scoring chances tonight. Jagr, who has jokingly called Zubrus the “weak link” on their line, even dropped Zajac below Zubrus after tonight’s game. “I’ve already heard,” Zajac said. “I’m back to the No. 3 option on the line after tonight.”

- See more at: http://blogs.northje...h.fyMRkdMO.dpuf

#63 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:38 AM

That was just a beautiful save by Enroth imo.  Not much more Zajac could have done on that opportunity.  But Jagr is funny as hell.  Zubrus has been good on that line, but why in the hell does he never shoot?  Zubrus has a very good wrist shot, but like Zajac he never uses it.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#64 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,254 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:36 AM

its great that jagr breaks his line mates balls .. hopefully they feel an even bigger push to try harder from him
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#65 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,003 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:43 PM

“I’m still a kid inside. I like to have fun and I like joke around with the 20-year-olds. That’s how it keeps me younger,” he said.

When asked if he was pleased for Cory Schneider when the goalie won in Carolina, Jagr said: “I’m pleased for everybody. I love everybody on our team. It doesn’t really matter if Marty (Brodeur) or Cory are in the net. They’re both great goaltenders and great guys.”

http://www.nj.com/de...ly_success.html

While Jagr was talking to the media, Andy Greene came over to inform him his hit-less streak had ended. Jagr had failed to register a hit in the team’s first 25 games, but was credited with one on Jeff Skinner with 35 seconds left in the second period tonight. “That’s a sad thing actually – 26 games without a hit and I had a hit,” he joked. “This is kind of sad. That would be great – 82 games without a hit. I would be a legend.” - See more at: http://blogs.northje...h.d1Kcc2W2.dpuf

Edited by devilsrule33, 01 December 2013 - 12:46 PM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#66 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:29 AM

"I got traded (in 2000) from Pittsburgh and had 120 points," Jagr recalled. "They put (Zubrus) on the line and I had 70. So, it was a 50 percent drop. So, it wasn't a good move.

"But after 10 years he's a little bit better."

On my phone so hard to quote the rest TG's blog but he had some other good ones this weekend including how he's still pissed they lost to Columbus and Pitt, and how players need to be ready even when coaches give them the day off.

The guy is just so professional

Edited by dmann422, 16 December 2013 - 09:29 AM.

#67 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:04 AM

Of course, the night would not be complete without some jokes from Jagr about Dainius Zubrus.

He said it was no coincidence that he scored when Zubrus was not on the ice.

“It’s a long streak for me without a goal,” Jagr said. “Zubie did a great job to shut me down eight games. Finally, I jumped on the ice when he wasn’t there, so I could break the streak. Hopefully, I can keep scoring.”

One more from Jagr, who leads the Devils with 12 goals, 17 assists and 29 points, about Zubrus.

“I was actually better without him,” Jagr said. “I would have 22 goals right now if he wouldn’t slow me down.”

TG on fire and ice.

Jags is amazing.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#68 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,215 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:10 AM

My entire life I hated this guy because of the teams he played for. It's awesome to be able to love him now. This guy brings it on and off the ice!

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#69 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:55 AM

My entire life I hated this guy because of the teams he played for. It's awesome to be able to love him now. This guy brings it on and off the ice!

Agreed. I didn't hate him but I guess I didn't appreciate how good he was. But he also wasn't this funny in years past.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#70 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:54 AM

agreed, and at the age of 41 I believe jagr is the best combination of skill and smarts I've ever seen put on the devils jersey. Not to knock patty, who is one of my favorite players ever.

#71 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,254 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:46 AM

Agreed. I didn't hate him but I guess I didn't appreciate how good he was. But he also wasn't this funny in years past.

same goes for me.. probably because i didnt pay that much attention to him in the past he wasnt on this team so i didnt really care too much
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#72 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:51 PM

Damn hes gona give Zubes a complex with the amount of jokes hes throwing at him

#73 Steadevils

Steadevils

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:56 AM

Jagr on Nichushkin: "Maybe it was his best 3 games I watched, but I said, ‘This guy is going to be the best in the world one day.’"...This one stings.

"I realized from Day 1 the way I played I'd never be a Gretzky or a Lemieux, well, a Mario I mean. I was never going to be a player to get standing ovations in a visitors' building."

-- Claude Lemieux - May 7, 1999

#74 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:31 AM

Jagr on Nichushkin: "Maybe it was his best 3 games I watched, but I said, ‘This guy is going to be the best in the world one day.’"...This one stings.

Yes, yes it does. Still bummed about this decision. Even more so now that they've decided to go with Brodeur as #1.

Posted Image

#75 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:59 AM

wowww.. We all wanted him. Damn this hurts

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#76 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,371 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:31 AM

Yes, yes it does. Still bummed about this decision. Even more so now that they've decided to go with Brodeur as #1.

You can't judge this decision for a while yet.  This isn't the kind of trade you evaluate after a couple of months.  Lou made that deal thinking he found a guy who could be the Devils 60-or-so starts-per-season goalie for the next several seasons...it was made on a leap-of-faith, in that Schneider hasn't been asked to be that so far, so we don't know for sure if he can do it, but he seems like a guy who definitely could.  We all knew this year was going to be a little awkward, as the guy who's still here happens to be a legend, still wants the job, and still has the trust of his head coach (and a long leash to go with that).   

Devils needed a goalie who could be a terrific #1 for years to come and they had to pay a price for it.  It hasn't played out like we all thought YET, but do you really think, even if Marty is kind of the #1 right this second, that he's going to be in the months to come?  There's a good chance he may not even be on the team next year, so how does Brodeur's status in mid-December matter down the road? 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#77 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:47 AM

Don't worry guys, Nichuskin's just going to go back to Russia in a few years...

#78 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,665 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:50 AM

Moreso if you're a Canucks fan if Bo Horvat turns into anything less than a first line forward. 

I was against the trade at the time, because I was wrapped up in the idea of drafting Nichushkin.  You look back on it though, and it's a trade that virtually every GM makes.  Not for nothing that virtually every analyst said the Devils got a steal.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#79 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:50 AM

As long as Schneider resigns I won't give it a second thought. I'm not even sure had Lou kept he pick that Nichuskin was going to be the one.

Edited by dmann422, 20 December 2013 - 10:51 AM.

#80 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,254 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:53 AM

As long as Schneider resigns I won't give it a second thought. I'm not even sure had Lou kept he pick that Nichuskin was going to be the one.

if marty gets signed to another year after this one and things with the goalie situation stay the same... well its pretty much a given that cory is not going to be happy at all hes already voiced not being happy about how things are right now at this point in his career he said he wants to be a #1 goaltender.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users