#1 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,192 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:35 PM

TSN

The Edmonton Oilers traded defenceman Ladislav Smid and goaltender Olivier Roy to the Calgary Flames on Friday in exchange for forward Roman Horak and goaltender Laurent Brossoit.

The Oilers also reached a verbal agreement on a one-year contract with goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov, pending completion of the trade with the Flames.

Oilers have a lot of issues but from what I've read, it seems Smid has been passed on the depth chart and it made sense to clear him out for salary cap purposes. Also they have young D like Oscar Klefbom and Darnell Nurse who could be playing in the NHL very soon. Who knows what they'll get out of Bryzgalov. Corey Pronman's twitter has some interesting insight into Horak as a prospect.

I like Roman Horak as a prospect. He's got good hockey sense/vision, can finish and has developed a decent defensive game 1/2 on Horak.

Scouts I talked to when CGY got him were optimistic about off potential, but hasn't shown a ton in that area. Has a chance to be a 3L F.

Had a chance to scout Horak last week and was used in a tough minutes + PK role in AHL.

Also rumors are that the Oilers are interested in Wayne Simmonds and that Ales Hemsky's locker has been cleared out.

Edited by thefiestygoat, 08 November 2013 - 08:37 PM.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#2 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:37 PM

I have heard rumors del zotto for hemsky...not extremely reliable source though
Posted Image

#3 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:38 PM

Simmonds for hemsky

#4 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,978 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:38 PM

Would Fayne for Hemsky make sense? It seems like it would to me, considering Fayne's walking for nothing anyway and Hemsky would help with the scoring issues.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#5 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:39 PM

The flyers just got that much worse. Simmonds is an awesome player, hemsky is a glass euro.
And thats confirmed through bleacher report. Hemsky for simmonds. Flyers suuuuuck

#6 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:40 PM

That trade is fake

#7 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,192 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:40 PM

Simmonds for hemsky

Is that confirmed yet? There was a fake Gord Miller account that tweeted that in the last half hour that caused some confusion.

Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#8 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:41 PM

well you knew 3 teams would start moving players....Edmonton, Philly and now Florida

#9 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:44 PM

Is that confirmed yet? There was a fake Gord Miller account that tweeted that in the last half hour that caused some confusion.

Just got an app notification from bleacher report team feed. Theyre usually ahead of anyone else. Id say edmonton is 1 for 2 tonight. I dont get why you trade one of your only good dmen when you need more defense. But they did get simmonds who I believe is one of the most effective power fowards in the league.

#10 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:56 PM

smid was there man wth..

Edited by CarterforPresident, 08 November 2013 - 08:56 PM.

#11 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:57 PM

And thats why bleacher report is the first to report. Correction, simmonds for hemsky, from fake twitter account. My bad......my bad...haha

#12 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:57 PM

Simmonds isn't confirmed yet.

#13 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,192 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:13 PM

Seems to be something to the Simmonds-Hemsky rumor though. From SportsNet:

The Oilers have long coveted big right-winger Wayne Simmonds, and are well aware of the need to add size to their top-six group of forwards. Sources tell Sportsnet.ca that Flyers GM Paul Holmgren is listening to offers on any Philadelphia player not named Claude Giroux or Steve Mason.

Rumours abound that right-winger Ales Hemsky is going east, and he is a player that has been on the block for a long time in Edmonton. The Flyers will need much more than Hemsky (a pending UFA) in return, and are likely asking for right winger Jordan Eberle, who could add some scoring touch on a Flyers team averaging just 1.47 goals per game, dead last in the NHL.

#14 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:39 PM

The flyers just got that much worse. Simmonds is an awesome player, hemsky is a glass euro.
And thats confirmed through bleacher report. Hemsky for simmonds. Flyers suuuuuck

In other words, it's not confirmed at all and is probably just a made-up rumor.

#15 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:34 PM

Oilers fans are so mad.  I can't blame them.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#16 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:34 PM

In other words, it's not confirmed at all and is probably just a made-up rumor.

Not really, yeah you say that now since you know its not true, but thats just being a monday morning qb. They were the first ones to confirm the hybrid icing rule, about 2 hours before nhl.com even announced it. Bleacher report is actually pretty good, I honestly cant think of a better sports news app than them. Espn blows, the hockey news is silly, and I dont think deadspin has an app. I havent looked for a TSN app either. Regardless, the bleacher report team feed app is actually awesome. I get updates for the devils, panthers, and mets waaaay before the nhl, nfl, and mlb apps.

#17 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:24 AM

It's not Lou's style to make moves this early but if Edmonton is willing to move a young forward like Eberle I would be willing to give up a lot (not Larsson though).

#18 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:01 AM

Simmonds for Hemsky makes the Flyers worse; I can't see why the Flyers would trade him, but they've made a habit of bad trades in the last few years.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#19 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,095 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:05 AM

Hemsky just doesn't strike me as a Flyer type player, but oh well. Simmonds is a really good player. It's being around that FLyers culture that turned him into a douchebag. I always wanted him on the Devils.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#20 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:28 AM

Hemsky just doesn't strike me as a Flyer type player, but oh well. Simmonds is a really good player. It's being around that FLyers culture that turned him into a douchebag. I always wanted him on the Devils.

Flyers fans hate Simmonds.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users