46 replies to this topic

#41 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:05 AM

Florida made a move as well. Fired the coach and his entire staff.

#42 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:25 AM

Simmonds is one of the few Flyers I actually kinda worry about.  Not because of his skill, but because he's a dirty fvcking piece of garbage, and I'm always worried he's going to hurt someone.

Ship him up north, please.  Please do that Homer.

Every Devils fan I know would love if Simmonds were a Devil. He's one of those players. I've never seen him play "dirty", just play with complete intensity, which sometimes walks the fine line.

Edited by DJ Eco, 11 November 2013 - 09:26 AM.

#43 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:48 AM

Every Devils fan I know would love if Simmonds were a Devil. He's one of those players. I've never seen him play "dirty", just play with complete intensity, which sometimes walks the fine line.

I agree, I'm not sure why everyone always hates on Simmonds. To me, he's just a hard working, tough player. He'd be the perfect tough guy to have on our team. Hartnell, on the other hand, is another story...

#44 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,493 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:26 AM

My problem with Simmonds is his propensity to start garbage when the Flyers are invariably losing.  He's the one who started that Parise-getting-slewfooted, Schenn-getting-whaled-on thing when the Flyers were down big to NJ - one that somehow ended at even strength.  He also took out Zidlicky with a dirty hit late in that series.

He also started the brawl in Washington.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#45 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,833 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:26 AM

My problem with Simmonds is his propensity to start garbage when the Flyers are invariably losing.  He's the one who started that Parise-getting-slewfooted, Schenn-getting-whaled-on thing when the Flyers were down big to NJ - one that somehow ended at even strength.  He also took out Zidlicky with a dirty hit late in that series.

These plays are some of the few I had in mind when making my comment earlier.

He's got some skill, sure, but he's a goon.  Don't let the stats fool you - if his team is losing, he'll try and hurt someone.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#46 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:52 AM

He also started the brawl in Washington.

Yup - I was just about to mention your first example. I remember Simmonds being the reason for a whole lot of beer league antics and cheap shots. I would guess the poster just made up what they wrote.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#47 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,179 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:00 PM

These plays are some of the few I had in mind when making my comment earlier.

He's got some skill, sure, but he's a goon. Don't let the stats fool you - if his team is losing, he'll try and hurt someone.

I've watched a lot of Flyers games and this is 100% accurate.. He is a goon with skill, but a goon nonetheless.. And as you said, he especially looks to cause trouble when his team is about to lose
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users