162 replies to this topic

#141 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:43 PM

The guy who does the Baumann chant in 233 is terrible at it.  Can barely hear him.

As for the 1 or 2 guys who do it in the Diablos, someone needs to tell them that its 1 time per game max.  Hearing it 1-3 times per period takes the novelty of it away.

OMG Yes!

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#142 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:46 PM

Whatever happened to the actual Baumann?

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#143 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,782 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:53 PM

Whatever happened to the actual Baumann?

I see him once in a while at the games.  He sits near section 21 or 22 when he does show up.  He was there for a decent number of games towards the end of the 11-12 season and did the chant every time he was there.

OMG Yes!

Believe it or not them doing it more than once a game pisses me off more than the YS chant and vuvuzela's combined.  That chant is a real tradition and they are slaughtering it.

#144 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:05 PM

I see him once in a while at the games.  He sits near section 21 or 22 when he does show up.  He was there for a decent number of games towards the end of the 11-12 season and did the chant every time he was there.

Believe it or not them doing it more than once a game pisses me off more than the YS chant and vuvuzela's combined.  That chant is a real tradition and they are slaughtering it.

There should only be one true Bauman's chant per game where the whole arena does it.  Fans in select sections shouldn't be starting it where only a 3rd of the arena participates.

I remember in 2012 during the Final in game 1, they gave a fan a microphone and put him on the jumbotron to start it.  It would be cool if they did that all the time and let a select random fan get the honors for each game.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#145 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:26 PM

Vuvuzelas suck so bad it's not even funny. It's like back in high school when someone would find it hilarious to have an airhorn during a pep rally in the school gym. Except that person was an a$$hole and it's not high school anymore. Loud noises for the sake of loud noises are not cool. Or maybe it's like when everyone learned to play the recorder in middle school. Either way it's loud and annoying and I think this is a spot where most fans agree.

And yeah, only 1 Baumann chant per game. Whenever it happens more than once, the subsequent attempts get lamer and lamer. Like the Rangers Suck whistle. First time it happens, it's loud, then it's quieter each time after. Unless we're playing the Rags.

#146 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,283 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:40 PM

Vuvuzelas suck so bad it's not even funny.

This x 10000000000000

I don't find use of these things clever, witty, or an enhancement of the game experience in the slightest.  I find them annoying as hell, and I REALLY hope they don't become a permanent part of the festivities.  I'm not a big fan of the "Kill" chant either (no reason in particular, just not a fan), but I'll very happily take the "Kill" chant by itself over the Kill chant being punctuated by the vulva-zelas.      

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#147 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:52 PM

Btw I've now attended all 5 wins this season  :devil:

5-1-2 on the year

Edited by Colin226, 11 November 2013 - 02:53 PM.

Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#148 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:58 PM

Btw I've now attended all 5 wins this season :devil:

5-1-2 on the year

the only game at home I miss so far this year and they win 5 nothing... whoof maybe I should just stay home more often

Edited by Sik02gt, 11 November 2013 - 02:58 PM.

believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#149 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,283 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:08 PM

Btw I've now attended all 5 wins this season  :devil:

5-1-2 on the year

0-1 for me...took my daughter to the 1-0 Flyer loss.  Kinda sucked having to explain that it's really exciting to see a Devils goal, when it actually happens.

Almost took her again last night, but she's only 5 and it was a school night.  Might take her again this Friday...she's been to three games so far:  a 2-1 win over Dallas during the 10-11 season (she barely remembers it), the 5-2 retro jersey loss against the Pens, and the 1-0 Flyer loss.  I really want her to see some wins, and soon, before she wonders what the hell Daddy's thinking, trying to turn her into a Devils fan.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#150 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:14 PM

I'm 2-1-1.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#151 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:34 PM

2-0-2 (4-0-2 if we're counting the preseason). It's been bad when I've missed games this year haha.

believe-devs.jpg

#152 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:01 PM

Has anyone seen Baumann this year? I haven't, and I sit in 21....

#153 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:05 PM

Who is this Baumann ?
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#154 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:49 PM

Who is this Baumann ?

:doh1:

:lol:

Edited by 95Crash, 11 November 2013 - 09:51 PM.

#155 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:04 PM

:doh1:

:lol:

oh damn it's like that
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#156 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:10 PM

oh damn it's like that

LOL, I wasn't sure if you were kidding or not. Baumann's a legend ... or, in the least, an institution.

Edited by 95Crash, 11 November 2013 - 10:26 PM.

#157 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:22 PM

0-1 for me...took my daughter to the 1-0 Flyer loss. Kinda sucked having to explain that it's really exciting to see a Devils goal, when it actually happens.

Almost took her again last night, but she's only 5 and it was a school night. Might take her again this Friday...she's been to three games so far: a 2-1 win over Dallas during the 10-11 season (she barely remembers it), the 5-2 retro jersey loss against the Pens, and the 1-0 Flyer loss. I really want her to see some wins, and soon, before she wonders what the hell Daddy's thinking, trying to turn her into a Devils fan.

You know I thought I saw you at the Flyers game but you were with a kid who could walk and was like 2.5 feet tall so, not wanting to feel old (because I remember when your wife was just expecting) I guess my brain was like "nope if it was him his daughter would be a baby still in his arms"... Ok damn now I feel old
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#158 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:28 PM

i use to have tix in 230 back at the CAA. He use to sit in row 2 or something of that section and would always do the chants. One night, he had a giant bag of M&Ms and was giving it out to fans. He came up to me ( i was maybe 11?) and said "hey, you look like you could use some sugar" and poured me a handful.  Good times at the old barn. 

POTATO!!!

#159 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,782 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:54 PM

Has anyone seen Baumann this year? I haven't, and I sit in 21....

Last time I saw him was late in the 2011-12 season. I think he was with friends and using their tickets. I saw him at about 3-5 games in his usual white custom jersey.

#160 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,782 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:57 PM

i use to have tix in 230 back at the CAA. He use to sit in row 2 or something of that section and would always do the chants. One night, he had a giant bag of M&Ms and was giving it out to fans. He came up to me ( i was maybe 11?) and said "hey, you look like you could use some sugar" and poured me a handful. Good times at the old barn.

My dad and I used to talk to him here and there back in the day at CAA. Nice dude and I think he was an electrician or some sort of contractor from bound brook. I've heard different stories about why he never really followed the team over from CAA to the rock and not sure what to believe.

My best memory of him was him falling on his ass on the ice when he was allowed on there during the 95 banner raising ceremony.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users