38 replies to this topic

#21 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,055 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:21 PM

I figured people would think its a silly thread in the sense that who cares where salvador is. It's clear a few posters didn't even understand what i wrote.

And then they have the gall to be condesending. Some might call it ironic, here this guy is laughing at me for what he incorrectly percieves to be an actual question, one that if serious would be a stupid one. But in reality he was quick to jump at someone being stupid, when he himself didn't understand the post.

I didn't cause a big stink, I just stated that the situation was amusing.

Meanwhile for someone who doesn't care enough to make a big deal, you certainly felt it big enough to make a post about it. So I guess I could accuse you of the same thing. If you dont care, why are you posting at all?  

Attempt at Humor Fail!

*Don't worry we have all been there at some point

#22 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:22 PM

You are aware that Buffalo's captain is Steve Ott correct

Ott's actually a pretty good hockey player.

Sal's better than Andrew Ference, but who really cares about what captain is the most talented?  It's a silly comparison.  Everyone wanted Kovalchuk to be the captain last year, how would that have looked in hindsight?

#23 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,055 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:25 PM

There's no comprehension issues. They are sticking with the A's until he's back. The team has gone an entire season without a captain in the past. A few weeks isn't a big deal.

Possibly Ott.

Though the least talented captain I can remember in recent memory is Chris Clark.  He was captain of the Caps from 2006-09 right before Ovie.

#24 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:40 PM

I figured people would think its a silly thread in the sense that who cares where salvador is. It's clear a few posters didn't even understand what i wrote.

And then they have the gall to be condesending. Some might call it ironic, here this guy is laughing at me for what he incorrectly percieves to be an actual question, one that if serious would be a stupid one. But in reality he was quick to jump at someone being stupid, when he himself didn't understand the post.

Meanwhile for someone who doesn't care enough to make a big deal, you certainly felt it big enough to make a post about it. So I guess I could accuse you of the same thing. If you dont care, why are you posting at all?

hey sorry man I didn't mean to offend I was honestly confused on the purpose of the thread (kind of still am) and found more humor in your reaction to the other poster that I did in your original post.

As for captaincy I really think that most players don't read that much into it... It's more of a fan thing. I mean is jagr going to be looked at as any less if a leader when Elias is back and he A goes to him?

#25 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:57 PM

I get what the OP was going for and I think his post was pithy. I don't know why it's so hard to understand Sneax's intent. I mean, there's no reason to be a$$holes - especially when the post is legit.

I agree that in the back of my mind it seems like we don't have a captain. I think that plays to the point that we are missing that Stevens presence still and it's hurting us.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#26 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:00 PM

Nail Yakupov is our captain ahaha

#27 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:07 PM

hey sorry man I didn't mean to offend I was honestly confused on the purpose of the thread (kind of still am) and found more humor in your reaction to the other poster that I did in your original post.
As for captaincy I really think that most players don't read that much into it... It's more of a fan thing. I mean is jagr going to be looked at as any less if a leader when Elias is back and he A goes to him?

jagr might be a different case though just because it's him and he comes with that leadership role..but I don't think it will be any different at all that's just his character at this point in his career he's a leader and he will be with whatever team he's on
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#28 Rogan The Goat

Rogan The Goat

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:32 PM

I say give three players the A, forget the C.

Assistants:

Greene

Henrique

Elias

Or

Zajac

Elias

Jags

#29 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:42 PM

You can be a leader without having a letter on your chest... All six guys Rogan listed plus Salvador, zubrus and probably others can be considered "leaders" on the team, but there are only 3 letters.

It's not like those guys stop being leaders because they don't have a letter.

#30 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:46 PM

I get what the OP was going for and I think his post was pithy. I don't know why it's so hard to understand Sneax's intent. I mean, there's no reason to be a$$holes - especially when the post is legit.

I agree that in the back of my mind it seems like we don't have a captain. I think that plays to the point that we are missing that Stevens presence still and it's hurting us.

if this is referring to me I honestly don't know how you think I'm being An ass. The original post was this:

"Who is our captain? Just saying."

I'm sorry if that isn't enough information for me to understand what exactly the purpose of the op was especially since right after that he answered his own question.

#31 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:13 PM

I say give three players the A, forget the C.

Assistants:

Greene
Henrique
Elias

Or

Zajac
Elias
Jags

agreed but they wouldn't take the C off of Salvador
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#32 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:22 PM

if this is referring to me I honestly don't know how you think I'm being An ass. The original post was this:

"Who is our captain? Just saying."

I'm sorry if that isn't enough information for me to understand what exactly the purpose of the op was especially since right after that he answered his own question.

I was not overtly referring to anyone. The first couple posts were a little mean and condescending- they inspired my post. 

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#33 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:35 PM

Ott's actually a pretty good hockey player.

Sal's better than Andrew Ference, but who really cares about what captain is the most talented?  It's a silly comparison.  Everyone wanted Kovalchuk to be the captain last year, how would that have looked in hindsight?

Maybe it would have kept him here...

6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#34 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,002 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:44 PM

I figured people would think its a silly thread in the sense that who cares where salvador is. It's clear a few posters didn't even understand what i wrote.

And then they have the gall to be condesending. Some might call it ironic, here this guy is laughing at me for what he incorrectly percieves to be an actual question, one that if serious would be a stupid one. But in reality he was quick to jump at someone being stupid, when he himself didn't understand the post.

Lol this guy's weird.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#35 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:18 AM

I'm sticking with Zajac being next in line

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#36 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:20 AM

I'm sticking with Zajac being next in line

zajac next in line for the C? eh i guess it could be a possibility he shows leadership hence he already has an A part time with Greene.. i think if greene resigns here he could definently be a possibility for it as well but im with you here i think id rather see it go to a forward again.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#37 StormJosh

StormJosh

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:32 AM

It's too bad it never worked out with Elias being captain. It's not a big deal, but we could have had very long-term stability.

#38 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:51 AM

It's too bad it never worked out with Elias being captain. It's not a big deal, but we could have had very long-term stability.

what was the story behind him not wanting the captaincy anyway
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#39 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:02 PM

Clearly I know who our captain is. My point is he's been gone for what seems like forever, long enough so that he is becoming forgotten.

Did you even read my post? "I honestly asked myself this question today, and for a BRIEF SECOND I didn't know."

I find the /thread lol to be some what condescending, and it's amusing to me that you did it without comprehending what I wrote.

could have used this: :lock:

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users