47 replies to this topic

#21 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:15 PM

Went 2 years ago and sat in the old blue seats(as Colin said only the bottom was renovated at the time).  I was thinking of going tonight, but I doubt it at this point.  Rags fans were fine.  I did get popcorn thrown at me after the game, but took it as fun, but ribbed the jerkoff throwing it, and even some Rags fans told him to cut the sh!t.  

Posted Image Posted Image

#22 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:55 PM

Well.... That was.....

GLORIOUS.

I'll be doing it again next time, and with a group. Man, real Rangers fans have TOTALLY been priced out of their arena, didn't see one really diehard fan until after the game. So tame, and the atmosphere is quiet, even after a goal. What a mausoleum, quiet as sh!t for most of the game, even when they were outplaying us. The price increases and seat layout changes over the past few years has totally changed the demographic of that sh!thole.

#23 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:57 PM

someone has to pay for that renovation..
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#24 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:59 PM

Well.... That was.....

GLORIOUS.

I'll be doing it again next time, and with a group. Man, real Rangers fans have TOTALLY been priced out of their arena, didn't see one really diehard fan until after the game. So tame, and the atmosphere is quiet, even after a goal. What a mausoleum, quiet as sh!t for most of the game, even when they were outplaying us. The price increases and seat layout changes over the past few years has totally changed the demographic of that sh!thole.

like at Yankee stadium, it's for the suit and tie crowd

#25 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:04 PM

Well.... That was.....

GLORIOUS.

The place was louder when the Devils scored tonight.  lol

How many Devils fans were there?

like at Yankee stadium, it's for the suit and tie crowd

What's sad is that new Yankee Stadium is a beautiful ballpark.  What sucks about it is that the acoustics aren't as good as the old place.  So the crowd noise just isn't the same.  The upper deck isn't as steep and the RF porch isn't as close to the field.  Also the obstructed views in CF suck.  Overall though it still a nice ballpark.  But the atmosphere is terrible.  As a Yankees fan, it hurts to hear the place so quiet all the time.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#26 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,887 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:05 PM

Well.... That was.....

GLORIOUS.

Rofl. I barely even heard any Maaarty chants tonight, I was surprised. It was great to hear some Let's Go Devils chants on TV and loud cheers after all 3 goals.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#27 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:08 PM

Rofl. I barely even heard any Maaarty chants tonight, I was surprised. It was great to hear some Let's Go Devils chants on TV and loud cheers after all 3 goals.

What's funny is that he played a great game.  He definitely outplayed Queenie.  Both Carter goals were pretty soft by Lundqvist.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#28 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:10 PM

It's hard to guess because they were so scattered. For example I was only with my girlfriend, and I saw a lot of people in 2's or 3's MAX... Not like when they come to our arena (usually in groups, get a whole row off StubHub, etc.)...

But there were a lot, I'd say about 10-15%, which is a step up from previous years..

Edited by DJ Eco, 12 November 2013 - 11:11 PM.

#29 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:11 PM

I can't even afford tickets at the Rock anymore. If they didn't pay me to go to the Devils Flyers games in Philly, I wouldn't have seen anything yet this season. Props to the fans that showed up, though. Larger than usual Devils group in that hell hole. Place got loud when the Devils scored. I heard a LGD once in like the 2nd, Rangers fans had to boo it out. And if you're going to represent our organization on the road, you better be loud. No worrying about opposing fans, fvck them. I siht on Flyers fans every time I go there. I get a few dirty looks, but it's all hype. I always get that one lady calling me an asshloe as they leave.

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#30 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:13 PM

What's sad is that new Yankee Stadium is a beautiful ballpark.  What sucks about it is that the acoustics aren't as good as the old place.  So the crowd noise just isn't the same.  The upper deck isn't as steep and the RF porch isn't as close to the field.  Also the obstructed views in CF suck.  Overall though it still a nice ballpark.  But the atmosphere is terrible.  As a Yankees fan, it hurts to hear the place so quiet all the time.

I'm a Yankee fan too, but do not like the new stadium for a bunch of reasons...........last year I went to City Field to catch a Mets game and liked it better than Yankee Stadium

#31 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:56 PM

what? new yankees stadium sucks? what year is this?

Posted Image

#32 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:16 AM

Hearing the LGD chant on TV after both Carter's goals was fantastic.  

Posted Image Posted Image

#33 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:27 AM

Hearing the LGD chant on TV after both Carter's goals was fantastic.  

Sure was great, wasn't it?

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#34 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:38 AM

There were a few crazy groups of Devils fans in the lower bowl believe it or not, I guess those were the only tickets available on short notice. I think a big group in the lower section behind the Devils shoot twice net started it all 3 times and my girlfriend and I of course joined in.

#35 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:48 AM

Sure was great, wasn't it?

its nice to see finally.. i feel like it was always them coming in and swarming our arena yet over in theres there were not nearly as much red as there would be blue in ours
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#36 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:18 AM

its nice to see finally.. i feel like it was always them coming in and swarming our arena yet over in theres there were not nearly as much red as there would be blue in ours

And for good reason. Rangers fans themselves can't afford MSG and don't go to too many games. But my girlfriend and I decided late on Monday night, "F it, let's get tickets", and the best deal we could find was $70 on StubHub. 

Rangers fans my age can't spend that kinda money 4-5 times a month, or however many home games there are in a particular month, so they come to The Rock, where even a high demand Devils-Rangers game will have some $40-50 seats on StubHub a few days before. I'm realizing the amount of Rangers fans that come to our arena is more a consequence of MSG pricing them out and not much to do with us or our building.

I didn't see any of the young douchebags at MSG that usually come to The Rock. It was so corporate, my head was spinning.

Edited by DJ Eco, 13 November 2013 - 09:20 AM.

#37 JerryTown95

JerryTown95

Draft Pick

• Pond Hockey
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

Wow, the rock is way better than MSG as far as sight lines go

#38 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:19 PM

Wow, the rock is way better than MSG as far as sight lines go

Does MSG stil have the problem where you can barely see the players on the near side boards because the stands are raised up too high?  I figured they would fix that problem when they did the renovations.

Posted Image

#39 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:38 PM

one thing I liked about last nights game (besides the score) was that MSG network didnt do a single thing about the "new" MSG arena during the Devil game

#40 JerryTown95

JerryTown95

Draft Pick

• Pond Hockey
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:39 PM

Does MSG stil have the problem where you can barely see the players on the near side boards because the stands are raised up too high?  I figured they would fix that problem when they did the renovations.

Still can't see the players you kinda have to guess whats happening.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users