CMONPETEYD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:53 PM

For those who aren't faint of heart....

http://twitpic.com/dkwvmt

a little grusome but i think it is broken in a few places????

My name changes every summer
Posted Image

#3 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:55 PM

Owwww owowowowwowww owwww
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#4 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

Owwww owowowowwowww owwww

Knowing the end result, that's all I could think as soon as he went down.

#5 Namelesz

Namelesz

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:08 PM

Looks brutal. 

I was just looking at the schedule and was surprised there was a game going on...

#6 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:09 PM

Does anybody know which leg it was?  From the replay it looked like both legs could have some serious damage.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#7 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:13 PM

Does anybody know which leg it was?  From the replay it looked like both legs could have some serious damage.

Seriously? I'd say it was his right leg. The one that bent where there isn't a joint....

#8 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:27 PM

Really painful to watch. No Olympics for him.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#9 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:34 PM

It didn't really look all that "eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwww" to me...yes, clearly he was hurt, and badly but I've seen a lot worse...Zednik and Malarchuk...I can't even watch those videos.   

But as far as broken bone videos go...Theismann is a rough one.  I also remember another one where a Colts corner was pursuing his receiver when he stepped funny on one foot (breaking his ankle), then hopped on his good foot as his other foot just dangled. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 11 November 2013 - 03:34 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#10 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:38 PM

It didn't really look all that "eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwww" to me...yes, clearly he was hurt, and badly but I've seen a lot worse...Zednik and Malarchuk...I can't even watch those videos.   

But as far as broken bone videos go...Theismann is a rough one.  I also remember another one where a Colts corner was pursuing his receiver when he stepped funny on one foot (breaking his ankle), then hopped on his good foot as his other foot just dangled. 

Oh it wasn't all-time level of bad, but it was still pretty ugly. I'd say the most uncomfortable part of the whole thing was that you could see how much pain he was in. He was clutching at the trainer in pure anguish when they came out to tend to him.

believe-devs.jpg

#11 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:45 PM

Oh it wasn't all-time level of bad, but it was still pretty ugly. I'd say the most uncomfortable part of the whole thing was that you could see how much pain he was in. He was clutching at the trainer in pure anguish when they came out to tend to him.

That actually gets to me more than the injuries themselves...the anguish that's on these guys' faces. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#12 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:51 PM

Ah, poor b@stard,I bet that hurts like crazy. He always struck me as a anice enough guy, hopefully he'll come back from that 100%

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#13 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,808 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:51 PM

I did virtually the same thing to my leg, except probably had a worse result since the wound was exposed to dirt and grass.

Orthopedist told me that the tibia (which it looks like the bone he broke) can sometimes get hit with the force of a sledge hammer and not break.  Other times, if it gets struck in just the right place, it doesn't take much force at all. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#14 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,914 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:54 PM

broken tibia... ouch. Will need surgery

www.SterioDesign.com

#15 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:56 PM

He has a broken tibia according to Aaron Ward.  I cringe just thinking about it.  The fact Stamkos tried to skate on it after shows that the dude is a gladiator.

Stamkos isn't like some of the other superstars in the league,  He's as humble as they come, and works his tail off every shift.  He's the last guy any hockey fan should want this to happen to.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#16 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,914 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:01 PM

that really sucks for the lightning AND team canada... damnit

www.SterioDesign.com

#17 StormJosh

StormJosh

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:01 PM

This is the worst possible news for, in order of importance:

1. My fantasy team

2. The Canadian Olympic Team

3. Tampa Bay

4. The NHL

5. Stamkos

#18 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:12 PM

Such terrible news. Didn't look quite as terrible as some are saying but you can tell where the break is.

Such a respectable guy. one of the last guys id want this to happen to

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#19 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:36 PM

Stamkos is one of my, and probably many others, favorite to watch. This is awful news for him and all of NHL hockey. Ugh...

815631765.gif

#20 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:41 PM

Big loss for the Lightning.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users