243 replies to this topic

#201 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,066 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:00 AM

Brodeur was real good tonight.  Real good.  Made some strong saves, the Devils got some bounces and won a game they probably shouldn't have.  But that's how it's supposed to go - sometimes you win games you shouldn't.

One point away from .500.

6-3-2 in their last 11 GP now.  If someone had told us the Devils, after 18 GP, would be one game under NHL .500 after going 0-4-3 to start the season, and wouldn't have Elias for a chunk of those games, I think we'd all have happily signed up for that.

Yeah, can't say the Devils necessarily deserved that one, but the Devils have had their share of games where the bounces didn't go their way.  There were some "two steps slower" moments for sure, and if I'm the Rangers, I come away thinking we probably could or should have won that game. 

Brodeur now has a 2.08 GAA and .913 save%.  That didn't seem possible a few weeks ago.  Who knows how long it will last, but it's great to see a legend still able to have games where he's playing like one. 

And of course, always a bonus to see the ledge-straddlers and instant grat crowd quiet down for a while.  Five games until the Sched from Hell is over.   

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#202 Guadana

Guadana

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:19 AM

Zajazz (ZAJac JAgr Zubrus) line looks great

hope zajac can grow as cloude did it in phily with jagr in line

best jersey - jersey without surnames - only with numbers

#203 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:20 AM

I will be fair.  The Rags imo got screwed when Gelinas got the puck shot in his ear.  That should have been a breakaway for whoever that Ranger player was.  But they blew the whistle, and I know we'd all be pissed if that happened to us.

All the rags fans are talking about that, no fvck that, if that is the case, next time I am on a 1v1 with a defense, ima just shoot it at his face, then collect it and score.

Posted Image

#204 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:39 AM

All the rags fans are talking about that, no fvck that, if that is the case, next time I am on a 1v1 with a defense, ima just shoot it at his face, then collect it and score.

maybe next time whoever went to dump that puck should aim it a little better. ...like gelinas wanted to get hit in the side of the head..he intentionally stopped that dump with his head..lol they'll use anything as an excuse over there instead of just chalking one up as a loss... or in this case chalking ANOTHER one up as a loss to us! hahaa
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#205 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:39 AM

Zajazz (ZAJac JAgr Zubrus) line looks great

hope zajac can grow as cloude did it in phily with jagr in line

'JIZZ' LINE? :thumbsup:   They play so well they'll make you JIZZ your pants!

Put food on my family

#206 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,783 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:40 AM

My thoughts...it's a nice upgrade but obviously overstated by the MSG hype machine. The main entrance is ok, clean, but not overly beautiful. People start herding there before they let the doors open at 6:05 and it gets a bit over crowded. I passed through some corridors that didn't appear to be touched by the renovation at all. The main concourses were maybe a tad larger, but still got crowded as more of the crowd filed in. Much wider and much better at the Prudential center. MSG has low ceilings in their concourses as well which obviously will make it seem less open. Unspectacular food options, same with drinks. Basically anything you find at MSG you can find at Pru.

Bathrooms are new, but the lines spilled out the door and they were a urine soaked mess by 1st intermission with lines that go out the door.

Prices are obscene. Are beers $10.50 at the rock? Because that's how much they were last night at MSG.

Seats are more comfortable, but seats where you'd expect cup holders to exist don't. I wasn't sitting in the nosebleeds yesterday...surprised there was no cup holder.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#207 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:06 AM

My thoughts...it's a nice upgrade but obviously overstated by the MSG hype machine. The main entrance is ok, clean, but not overly beautiful. People start herding there before they let the doors open at 6:05 and it gets a bit over crowded. I passed through some corridors that didn't appear to be touched by the renovation at all. The main concourses were maybe a tad larger, but still got crowded as more of the crowd filed in. Much wider and much better at the Prudential center. MSG has low ceilings in their concourses as well which obviously will make it seem less open. Unspectacular food options, same with drinks. Basically anything you find at MSG you can find at Pru.

Bathrooms are new, but the lines spilled out the door and they were a urine soaked mess by 1st intermission with lines that go out the door.

Prices are obscene. Are beers $10.50 at the rock? Because that's how much they were last night at MSG.

Seats are more comfortable, but seats where you'd expect cup holders to exist don't. I wasn't sitting in the nosebleeds yesterday...surprised there was no cup holder.

Beers are 8-9 at the Rock, iirc

Edited by Aznjsn, 13 November 2013 - 10:07 AM.

Put food on my family

#208 Guadana

Guadana

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:09 AM

2Aznjsn

i`m jazzfan but jizz line looks good

but

not for our comentators on tv and radio =-)

best jersey - jersey without surnames - only with numbers

#209 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,066 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:11 AM

I usually like Boomer Esiason on the WFAN (can't stand Carton), but if he's going to try to talk hockey (he's a Ranger fan), he should at least pay attention to what's going on.

He basically said the Rangers shouldn't be losing to a team like the Devils, who he called "one of the worst teams in the league".  Seems like he thinks the season is still seven games old or so.

Here's how the two teams stand:

Rangers:  18 GP, 9-9-0, 41 GF, 49 GA  (-8)

Devils:  18 GP, 6-7-5, 38 GF, 46 GA (-8)...but as four of those GA are phantom goals for losing shootouts, the Devils are really -4 in goal differential. 

Both teams are playing better lately...Devils are 6-3-2 in their last 11 GP and the Rags had won 6 of 7 coming in.  Overall it's not hard to see why they're within a point of one another...they've both had some good games, some bad ones, and some issues overall...that's how you get to be about .500.  They both had rough schedules to start their seasons as well (lots of road games for both teams). 

But to make it sound like the Rangers should be beating the Devils like they're some bottom-feeder is pretty dumb.  Not sure why being a Ranger fan, no matter what your background, requires checking your brain at the door.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 13 November 2013 - 11:12 AM.

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#210 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:19 AM

2Aznjsn

i`m jazzfan but jizz line looks good

but

not for our comentators on tv and radio =-)

:mellow:

#211 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:24 AM

Beers are 8-9 at the Rock, iirc

I think it's anywhere from $8-10 depending on what you get. Miller/Bud is $8-$8.50, but you want a stella or another import it's $9.75.

Anybody hear anything about Merril? They say it's just lacerations, so does he get the call to fill in for Volch? Or does Fayne come in?

And good on the Devils fans at MSG last night, could hear them pretty well. Made it hard to tell who scored on the radio, lol.

Speaking of the radio....anyone hear Matt and Sherry talking about how the embarrassment to the NHL that was the Philly v Caps 7-0 game was quite entertaining? Ughhhhh. No it wasn't entertaining, it was disgusting.

#212 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:25 AM

Meh 76, Rangers fan is going to Rangers fan.  Of course NJ is also -3 in ENG differential, so in reality they are -1 in goal differential with the nets full.  Brodeur and Schneider's save percentages aren't even that great and the team is still giving up just over 2 goals a game.   If they can get Elias back, the offense can kick in... who knows.

Edited by Triumph, 13 November 2013 - 11:25 AM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#213 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,886 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:30 AM

I usually like Boomer Esiason on the WFAN (can't stand Carton), but if he's going to try to talk hockey (he's a Ranger fan), he should at least pay attention to what's going on.

He basically said the Rangers shouldn't be losing to a team like the Devils, who he called "one of the worst teams in the league". Seems like he thinks the season is still seven games old or so.

Here's how the two teams stand:

Rangers: 18 GP, 9-9-0, 41 GF, 49 GA (-8)
Devils: 18 GP, 6-7-5, 38 GF, 46 GA (-8)...but as four of those GA are phantom goals for losing shootouts, the Devils are really -4 in goal differential.

Both teams are playing better lately...Devils are 6-3-2 in their last 11 GP and the Rags had won 6 of 7 coming in. Overall it's not hard to see why they're within a point of one another...they've both had some good games, some bad ones, and some issues overall...that's how you get to be about .500. They both had rough schedules to start their seasons as well (lots of road games for both teams).

But to make it sound like the Rangers should be beating the Devils like they're some bottom-feeder is pretty dumb. Not sure why being a Ranger fan, no matter what your background, requires checking your brain at the door.

And Jerry Recco, a Devils fan, sits there and says nothing. Although Jerry made sure to rub salt in Boomer's wound later during one of the updates when he played the MSG call of the Zubrus goal as Boomer grumbled audibly. But still, no one bothers to ask Boomer 'hey if the Devils are sooooo horrible, why are they only one point behind the Rangers with the same amount of games played?' C'mon man. Plus we beat your ass twice. Boomer needs to STFU.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#214 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,066 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:32 AM

Meh 76, Rangers fan is going to Rangers fan.  Of course NJ is also -3 in ENG differential, so in reality they are -1 in goal differential with the nets full.  Brodeur and Schneider's save percentages aren't even that great and the team is still giving up just over 2 goals a game.   If they can get Elias back, the offense can kick in... who knows.

Schneider in his last 5 GP:  .920

Brodeur in his last 5 GP:  .964

Overall they're middle of the pack (Schneider is at .915 (20th) and Brodeur is at .913 (22nd)), but both guys are stopping pucks right now.  Only two games where either goalie gave up more than two goals (Schneider both times).

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 13 November 2013 - 11:38 AM.

#30 FOREVER!

#215 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,936 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:33 AM

Yeah it is comical how the Ranger fans dismiss us as terrible when even in our 0-4-3 start they were actually playing worse than we were at the time :P

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#216 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,800 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:53 AM

Schneider in his last 5 GP:  .920

Brodeur in his last 5 GP:  .964

Overall they're middle of the pack (Schneider is at .915 (20th) and Brodeur is at .913 (22nd)), but both guys are stopping pucks right now.  Only two games where either goalie gave up more than two goals (Schneider both times).

I had almost forgotten what it was like, having two confident, capable goalies at the same time.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#217 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:23 PM

I had almost forgotten what it was like, having two confident, capable goalies at the same time.

I think the only back up to Marty that I felt comfortable with til now was Clemmensen. He did a great job filling for Marty while he was out for the majority of the season.

Put food on my family

#218 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,066 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:46 PM

I think the only back up to Marty that I felt comfortable with til now was Clemmensen. He did a great job filling for Marty while he was out for the majority of the season.

Hedberg did a nice job until last season. 

Even when Clemmer was doing a terrific job in 2008-09, some were still clamoring for Weekes to get more starts (the Devils went a terrific 32-17-1 while Marty was out...and that was after going 1-5-0 to start that stretch).  Sutter really handled that situation well, while Marty was hurt...basically put Weekes in against the bottom-feeders after the 1-5-0 Brodeurless start, and Clemmer in against everyone else.  Sutter basically managed to get both goalies to approximate what the Devils would've gotten from Marty, in terms of puck-stopping at least.  And credit has to go to both Clemmer AND Weekes for doing what was asked of them in Marty's absence. 

#30 FOREVER!

#219 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:05 PM

gotta love Ryan Carter, here's what he told TG about one of his shots on the queen last night:

“I think that’s as hard as I’m going to shoot the puck, no question,” Carter said. “It was a one-timer, stepping in and skating up ice. It laid out there for me flat. That’s a dream opportunity right there and he made a good save. I’m glad it stung him, but he made a good save.” 

#220 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:56 PM

Marty stole this game for us and that's awesome at his older age that he still is doing that!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users