23 replies to this topic

#21 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,463 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:25 PM

Isn't this about the re-seeding? So teams don't end up in the other division-thingmabob?

That's what I gather. It's easily the dumbest thing the NHL has done in my lifetime....although maybe that goes to the trapezoid. Either way, I was trying to explain it to a friend yesterday that a team in another division, can win our division because of the wild card spots. It's confusing to say the least.

Edited by ATLL765, 12 November 2013 - 03:25 PM.

#22 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:42 PM

do have a link for this? are you referring to realignment as a whole or just the playoffs?

I was under the impression that Detroit and Columbus are in the east for good.

Edit : I forgot the nhlpa's approval was only for three seasons. I somehow doubt that it will revert back so long as the league wants it the same.

Yep.  The NHLPA will vote to continue the current conference realignment after two seasons.  Regardless of the vote, it will stay the same for one additional season, and then any changes would come after that.

Edited by Z-Man, 12 November 2013 - 05:42 PM.

#23 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:48 PM

Hearing some GMs are going to propose a tweak in the playoff format today.Trying to use divisional rivalries more,rather than cross-over.

If they're so interested in "Divisional Rivalries," why are Florida and Tampa in a division with the Northeast teams?  Why Carolina and Columbus in a division with Pit/Phi/NY/NJ?   I agree with others, these are "forced" division rivalries, or not rivalries at all.

#24 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,061 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:59 PM

If they're so interested in "Divisional Rivalries," why are Florida and Tampa in a division with the Northeast teams?  Why Carolina and Columbus in a division with Pit/Phi/NY/NJ?   I agree with others, these are "forced" division rivalries, or not rivalries at all.

Because Columbus, Carolina, Florida, and Tampa don't really have division rivals.  Columbus had Detroit, I guess, but not really, and now they have Pittsburgh.  Florida and Tampa didn't have anyone.  Carolina also - not really any rivals.  These teams have to go somewhere.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users