97 replies to this topic

#1 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:25 PM

NHL just announced that tickets will be made available to the public on November 21st @ 10am for this game.. I know a lot of people thought this might not happen, so I felt it was thread-worthy..

http://www.nhl.com/i...id=nhl:topheads

The NHL will unveil team jerseys for all four outdoor games of the 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series™ in the coming weeks.

Also, with this sale announcement they released "chrome team logos" for the games and it looks like we will be going retro for the game:

devils-chrome-lg_slide.jpg

Edited by Colin226, 12 November 2013 - 01:27 PM.

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#2 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:31 PM

retro jerseys..alot of people got their wish on this one
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#3 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:41 PM

Do STH get discounted or first dibs on more?

-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#4 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:45 PM

retro jerseys..alot of people got their wish on this one

Yeah I mean it sounded like the League was pushing everyone to come out with a special jersey for the game, and this was as far as Lou would allow it.. Some wanted a completely new jersey, but most wanted throwbacks.. And I'm guessing they won't go with white since red is more of a branding element and we're the home team

Do STH get discounted or first dibs on more?

Doubtful.. They'll move these at full price easily and we already had our shot, so I can't see them giving us more preferential treatment here

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#5 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:00 PM

I guess the Devils didn't come close to selling their allotment of tickets for this. They were offering anyone who bought group tickets for any game this season the same number of tickets for the outdoor game.
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#6 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,278 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:03 PM

Damn I wonder how much is left.

I got three tickets to the game via the rangers pre-sale link. Got the cheapest tickets left at $149 a pop plus $102 service fee and $10 shipping free from ticketmaster for all three tickets. They do come with a free limited edition rangers scarf and hat for reach which will provide plenty of warmth when I light them on fire for the game.

As for the jerseys it's probably safe to say it's going to be the red throwbacks with a special patch. Rangers will probably wear either their current whites with a patch or their retro whites that they wore in the late 70's for 2 years with the rangers shield on them. Last they wore those was back during the 03-04 season as part of the vintage jersey series games that the original six teams took part in that season.

#7 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:14 PM

I got three tickets to the game via the rangers pre-sale link. Got the cheapest tickets left at $149 a pop plus $102 service fee and $10 shipping free from ticketmaster for all three tickets. They do come with a free limited edition rangers scarf and hat for reach which will provide plenty of warmth when I light them on fire for the game.

As for the jerseys it's probably safe to say it's going to be the red throwbacks with a special patch. Rangers will probably wear either their current whites with a patch or their retro whites that they wore in the late 70's for 2 years with the rangers shield on them. Last they wore those was back during the 03-04 season as part of the vintage jersey series games that the original six teams took part in that season.

i also got my tix from that rangers pre sale, including the rangers gift pack (living in ny I'll sell those easily)

#8 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,932 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:21 PM

The Isles logo looks terrible.  I can't wait for this game.  Trying to get a couple of buddies to go with me.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#9 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:23 PM

I was thinking they may bring these back from the 2011 Winter Classic (image below), but lord help us if they bring back the Liberty-head jerseys.. Those will get so much attention since everyone seems to have loved them

Edit: Just realized that the Rangers logo appears to be their typical one and only the Islanders will have a modified logo for the Stadium Series. Guess the Rangers may be doing those late 70's jersey afterall

The Isles logo looks terrible.  I can't wait for this game.  Trying to get a couple of buddies to go with me.

I thought the same thing. for anyone too lazy to go look it up, are they dropping blue from their colors or something?? Leave it to the Islanders to make a crappy jersey, it's their M.O.

islanders-chrome-lg_thumb.jpg

Edited by Colin226, 12 November 2013 - 02:49 PM.

#10 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,747 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:27 PM

Colin, are you still planning on buying tickets to sell back at face? If so let me know, I'd be interested in a pair.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#11 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:34 PM

i dont think the isles logo looks that bad.. i think i like it better then what they have going on now
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#12 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:48 PM

Colin, are you still planning on buying tickets to sell back at face? If so let me know, I'd be interested in a pair.

I did if I couldn't sell any to family and friends but they did end up getting claimed.. Sorry man, though I could try buying extras at this sale and those would go up on here at face value to Devils fans of course

#13 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,747 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:14 PM

I did if I couldn't sell any to family and friends but they did end up getting claimed.. Sorry man, though I could try buying extras at this sale and those would go up on here at face value to Devils fans of course

Word, lemme know what you decide to do brother.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#14 BCdevil

BCdevil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:18 PM

The impression that I get is that these horrible "chrome" logos will be the actual main jersey crests.  If so, they are going to look stupid....but I'll probably still buy one.

Posted Image

#15 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:21 PM

The impression that I get is that these horrible "chrome" logos will be the actual main jersey crests.  If so, they are going to look stupid....but I'll probably still buy one.

i actually like that chrome logo i think its pretty cool looking.. not that i would want that to take over or anything like that but i dig it its catchy wouldnt mind seeing that on the stadium series jersey.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#16 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,278 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:22 PM

I'm not sure if that logo will be used as the crest for the jerseys.  I think it's just something they put on the ice, posters, ads, etc for the game.

Then again I could be wrong.  Guess we will find out either way in the next few weeks.

#17 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:32 PM

I'm not sure if that logo will be used as the crest for the jerseys.  I think it's just something they put on the ice, posters, ads, etc for the game.

Then again I could be wrong.  Guess we will find out either way in the next few weeks.

I agree. I doubt LL made it so we could use our retro green-red jerseys, but then ok'd the crest being metallic.

#18 BCdevil

BCdevil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:50 PM

I'd love to be wrong.  I got the impression that the jerseys will be different in some way, rather than just being standard jerseys with chrome logos slapped on.  I am just preparing myself for the worst.

Posted Image

#19 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:55 PM

I was thinking they may bring these back from the 2011 Winter Classic (image below), but lord help us if they bring back the Liberty-head jerseys.. Those will get so much attention since everyone seems to have loved them

Edit: Just realized that the Rangers logo appears to be their typical one and only the Islanders will have a modified logo for the Stadium Series. Guess the Rangers may be doing those late 70's jersey afterall

I thought the same thing. for anyone too lazy to go look it up, are they dropping blue from their colors or something?? Leave it to the Islanders to make a crappy jersey, it's their M.O.

islanders-chrome-lg_thumb.jpg

islanders_fisherman.jpg

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#20 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:18 PM

islanders_fisherman.jpg

now this... this..is comical .. the captain and the rest of his mates are coming! loll
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users