Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:20 PM

I actually like the fisherman logo.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#22 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,664 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:25 PM

I thought the same thing. for anyone too lazy to go look it up, are they dropping blue from their colors or something?? Leave it to the Islanders to make a crappy jersey, it's their M.O.

islanders-chrome-lg_thumb.jpg

They said when they move that they are sticking with the current jerseys but will have a black and white Brooklyn 3rd jersey. I wonder what they are going to use for this.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#23 Christmas Tree

Christmas Tree

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:55 PM

I wonder why the hell the Ducks aren't wearing the classic jersey? Anyway, I'm very excited for retros.

#24 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:59 PM

I wonder why the hell the Ducks aren't wearing the classic jersey? Anyway, I'm very excited for retros.

They're getting a new jersey just for that.  The Ducks will be wearing 5 different jerseys this year.

Their regular home

Their regular away

Their 3rd

Their retro

Their Stadium Series

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#25 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,691 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:04 PM

They're getting a new jersey just for that. The Ducks will be wearing 5 different jerseys this year.

Their regular home
Their regular away
Their 3rd
Their retro
Their Stadium Series

Every rumor regarding the ducks stadium series jersey is that it will be predominantly orange.

#26 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:07 PM

Every rumor regarding the ducks stadium series jersey is that it will be predominantly orange.

Well they play in Orange County.  They've been wanting to put more orange in their unis for a while I think.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#27 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:27 AM

The impression that I get is that these horrible "chrome" logos will be the actual main jersey crests.  If so, they are going to look stupid....but I'll probably still buy one.

I too have a bad feeling about this.  I can't see them coming out with these chrome logos and making this much of a to-do about them for no reason.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#28 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:44 AM

I too have a bad feeling about this.  I can't see them coming out with these chrome logos and making this much of a to-do about them for no reason.

is it really that big of a deal if they are worn on one jersey for a game..
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#29 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:31 AM

is it really that big of a deal if they are worn on one jersey for a game..

yeah this............big deal..its one gimmick game for the "outside fans"..when I say outside I mean the people who dont follow hockey like we do but might watch these games on TV once in a while

#30 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:56 AM

Well they play in Orange County.  They've been wanting to put more orange in their unis for a while I think.

That would be horrific, imo.

#31 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,691 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:12 PM

That would be horrific, imo.

Nah.  Every jersey they have put out has been horrific so it won't make much of a difference.

#32 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:34 PM

Nah.  Every jersey they have put out has been horrific so it won't make much of a difference.

I'm partial to the old purple and teal/green ones, but that's because I was the right age when the movies came out and my mite hockey team was the Mighty Ducks, but otherwise, all their jerseys have been pretty bad. Their current ones aren't awful, but they're certainly nothing special and their logo is pretty lame.

#33 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,691 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:49 PM

I'm partial to the old purple and teal/green ones, but that's because I was the right age when the movies came out and my mite hockey team was the Mighty Ducks, but otherwise, all their jerseys have been pretty bad. Their current ones aren't awful, but they're certainly nothing special and their logo is pretty lame.

I think you are confusing good looks with nostalgia/charm.  When those jerseys came out back in the day, they were heavily criticized for being pretty ugly and goofy at the time.  Now, after being brought back after only being retired for about 6-7 years, they are suddenly good looking?  Nah, dont buy it and it's everyone nostalgia that is getting in the way of their true judgement.

This is a trend started by the Winter Classic jerseys.  Before then, the NHL did do limited throwback releases and games with teams that didn't really go anywhere.  The last one was in 2003-04 season with the original six wearing "Vintage" jerseys for a few games.  These jerseys also had a special "V" patch on the front shoulder of them and since then they have been largely forgotten and you don't see many people wearing those jersys at arenas.  When the Winter Classic started, suddenly vintage was in and all these old and sometimes butt-ugly became chic.  Take for instance the Devils, before 2010 you rarely saw fans at the arena wearing the old christmas tree colors and there wasn't really much of a demand for them.  When retro night was announced, fans went bonkers for them and they sold like hotcakes.  Hell I remember at the time of the switch in 92 that fans were pretty happy with the black re-design as the green was seen as pretty goofy-looking.  Now, they are seen as great jerseys and see a ton of them at games.

Its all about the feeling of seeing something you remember seeing, not how you really thought at the time.

Edited by DevsMan84, 13 November 2013 - 12:58 PM.

#34 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

I think you are confusing good lucks with nostalgia/charm.  When those jerseys came out back in the day, they were heavily criticized for being pretty ugly and goofy at the time.  Now, after being brought back after only being retired for about 6-7 years, they are suddenly good looking?  Nah, dont buy it and it's everyone nostalgia that is getting in the way of their true judgement.

This is a trend started by the Winter Classic jerseys.  Before then, the NHL did do limited throwback releases and games with teams that didn't really go anywhere.  The last one was in 2003-04 season with the original six wearing "Vintage" jerseys for a few games.  These jerseys also had a special "V" patch on the front shoulder of them and since then they have been largely forgotten and you don't see many people wearing those jersys at arenas.  When the Winter Classic started, suddenly vintage was in and all these old and sometimes butt-ugly became chic.  Take for instance the Devils, before 2010 you rarely saw fans at the arena wearing the old christmas tree colors and there wasn't really much of a demand for them.  When retro night was announced, fans went bonkers for them and they sold like hotcakes.  Hell I remember at the time of the switch in 92 that fans were pretty happy with the black re-design as the green was seen as pretty goofy-looking.  Now, they are seen as great jerseys and see a ton of them at games.

Its all about the feeling of seeing something you remember seeing, not how you really thought at the time.

I am, definitely. Still doesn't change that I like them. It's 100% nostalgia though.

Edited by ATLL765, 13 November 2013 - 12:57 PM.

#35 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:36 PM

I think you are confusing good looks with nostalgia/charm.  When those jerseys came out back in the day, they were heavily criticized for being pretty ugly and goofy at the time.  Now, after being brought back after only being retired for about 6-7 years, they are suddenly good looking?  Nah, dont buy it and it's everyone nostalgia that is getting in the way of their true judgement.

Couldn't agree more.  I remember when we made the change well.  I was so glad to get rid of the christmas tree jerseys (especially the red "away" sweater which I never really liked).  I'm actually with Lou's stance on this...it is ok to use a 3rd/throwback jersey for 1 or 2 games per season, but when you have 1 million jersey combos and options (like the Mets and various other professional sports teams have), its embarrassing and clearly a desperate money grab.  For this game, I was hoping we'd go with the white 1980's jersey to change things up.  This seems pretty cool.

1109-brandonholmes-njd.png?__

I also saw a cool concept jersey on HFBoards the other day that has our current color scheme...

1102-avistein-njd.png?__

Posted Image

#36 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,691 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:09 PM

Couldn't agree more.  I remember when we made the change well.  I was so glad to get rid of the christmas tree jerseys (especially the red "away" sweater which I never really liked).  I'm actually with Lou's stance on this...it is ok to use a 3rd/throwback jersey for 1 or 2 games per season, but when you have 1 million jersey combos and options (like the Mets and various other professional sports teams have), its embarrassing and clearly a desperate money grab.  For this game, I was hoping we'd go with the white 1980's jersey to change things up.  This seems pretty cool.

1109-brandonholmes-njd.png?__

I also saw a cool concept jersey on HFBoards the other day that has our current color scheme...

1102-avistein-njd.png?__

Yeah I mean these days all you have to do is label something "vintage" or "retro" and watch those things fly off the shelves.  Mitchell & Ness has made a living off of this for years and now the mainstream companies are catching up.  One of the more ridiculous things I have seen in addition to the ducks bringing back their old uniforms (how something that was around 7 years ago is now "retro" or vintage is beyond me) is Mitchell & Ness reproduction of the 1994 New York Rangers Stanley Cup Champs locker room hat that was originally made by Starter.  I kid you not. 

As for the jerseys the first one is kinda cool, but I hate that the shoulder yoke looks like the Rags winter classic jersey.  Just close it up and make it look like the old whites.  As for the second one just not feeling it.  To me it looks like the Sharks jerseys that they wore for the past few years up until this year.

#37 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:13 PM

nevermind..I had hit wrong link...phew

Edited by newarkdev01, 13 November 2013 - 04:14 PM.

#38 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,241 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:09 PM

the reason you couldn't find a lot of xmas jerseys in the arena were they were impossible to be found to be purchased. i got at Sundstrom one made by a guy in Colorado (Durholt) about 2 years before the Devils brought back the Retros. There was always a demand for them, albeit not as much as now.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#39 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,691 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:49 PM

the reason you couldn't find a lot of xmas jerseys in the arena were they were impossible to be found to be purchased. i got at Sundstrom one made by a guy in Colorado (Durholt) about 2 years before the Devils brought back the Retros. There was always a demand for them, albeit not as much as now.

They were impossible to find but yes there was no demand because no one really cared. Once the "retro" label was attached to them and the games were announced suddenly they were a hot commodity.

I'm also very familiar with dorholt and don't even want to start going into what I think of him.

#40 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:25 PM

I've always thought the old red and green jerseys looked great.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users