Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:48 PM

BY5ivt4CIAEzwt9.jpg

:mellow:

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#2 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,743 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:50 PM

If this was his best shot, I'd hate to think how gay bad he looked in the other ones.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#3 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:53 PM

Nice to see he's now getting fashion tips from the Queen and Avery.

Posted Image

#4 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:54 PM

This is getting downright weird. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#5 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:56 PM

Lol I loved David as a devil but boy has he jumped the shark!

#6 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,920 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:59 PM

Doesn't Clarkson look thinner?  Both here and on the ice, it looks like his face is thinner.  Doesn't seem to have helped his game much though.

This is strange, but Wendel Clark would've done the same thing.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#7 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:01 PM

I don't know why everyone here is on his case. He's on pace for at least 7 points by April. He also helped them roll out the gate by getting suspended for the first 10 games. Toronto, your hopes have been answered.

#8 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:05 PM

I don't call it jumping the shark. I call it players being marketed and sold to the public (albeit it's not done by the team in this case). Clarkson is living the high life in Toronto having an experience he'd never come to having as a Devil.

This is something that just rarely happens when these players are Devils. 

#9 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,290 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:06 PM

No matter what pose he still has a dumb look on his face.

At least it seems so to me.

#10 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,290 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:09 PM

I don't call it jumping the shark. I call it players being marketed and sold to the public (albeit it's not done by the team in this case). Clarkson is living the high life in Toronto having an experience he'd never come to having as a Devil.

True and I hope the new owners and CEO get it through Lou's liver-spotted head that to put more butts in the seats he has got to let up a little with not allowing the players to market themselves a little.

#11 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:13 PM

It is kind of funny though that this is their way of marketing him. I remember in all those little Q&A's they used to do here with the players that the guys almost always named Clarkson the worst dressed on the team lol.

oKCiNj.jpg

#12 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:14 PM

Yeah, I have nothing against Clarkson.  It's just a little strange that a fanbase that can't get over itself has this idea that he's this savior. 

You've got an emerging star in Van Reimsdyke that you absolutely stole from the Flyers.  I know he's American and all, but there's a lot more hope with him than in Clarkson.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#13 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,864 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:15 PM

uh wow.. he most really be loving all of this attention up there
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#14 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:15 PM

True and I hope the new owners and CEO get it through Lou's liver-spotted head that to put more butts in the seats he has got to let up a little with not allowing the players to market themselves a little.

you forgot bald patch !   but yeah, some players love the attention...and I'm all for keeping the player happy (here)

#15 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,946 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:19 PM

Oh wow.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#16 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,920 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:22 PM

but that's just it, if it goes bad for him in Toronto (which it will), that's a low he wouldn't've experienced here.  Even Rolston never got the boo-bird treatment.  Plus you have to live up to these things - granted, Reimer and Bernier are having great years, but if Bernier did something like this and had a bad year, the fans would say:  Send Jonathan Packing!  

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#17 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,773 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:57 AM

I just had to laugh to see Clarkson in "blue velvet."  iirc that was Avery's favorite fabric/color. :huh:

Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#18 Christmas Tree

Christmas Tree

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:52 AM

That's totally Austin Powers' jacket. And Mike Myers is a huge Leafs fan. There's a photoshop in here somewhere.

#19 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,743 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:12 AM

but that's just it, if it goes bad for him in Toronto (which it will), that's a low he wouldn't've experienced here.  Even Rolston never got the boo-bird treatment.  Plus you have to live up to these things - granted, Reimer and Bernier are having great years, but if Bernier did something like this and had a bad year, the fans would say:  Send Jonathan Packing!  

Weren't you the one saying that Clarkson wouldn't have to do much and that he probably wasn't going to get booed, in response to many of us saying he was going to have a difficult time if he didn't produce? 

Once the Leaf faithful realize that Clarkson isn't a poor man's Wendel Clark, and that he won't be scoring 25-30 goals for them in any given season (a lot of tremendous puck luck went into that 30 goal campaign), yeah, it will probably start to get ugly for him...but if the Leafs can stay over .500 and competitive, he'll probably get a pass for a while.  But not forever.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#20 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,756 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:26 AM

Rofl Avery would be proud of the 'career minor leaguer'.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users