436 replies to this topic

#201 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:02 PM

it was my understanding that the chrome is for the stadium series, which includes all the games except the winter classic, so leafs and wings should be spared the silliness.

Lol I can't imagine how terrible a chrome leafs logo would have looked... I'd be interested to see how silly a chrome Blackhawk is going to look.

The clue to the Devils is the shirts you can buy in stores. The Devils have both a non-chrome logo player name and number shirt and a chrome logo shirt without a player name and number on it. The chrome shirt is like this for a reason. They aren't wearing the style jersey therefore don't have a font of the name and number on the back. The more shirts that came out for other teams made this a lot easier to see that the Devils were rebelling against it.

Edited by TheRedStorm, 09 December 2013 - 02:08 PM.

The Devil wears Prada....and has the luggage to match :-)

#202 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,855 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:58 PM

According to Steve zipay of newsday, the Yankee stadium series jerseys are going to be unveiled this coming mid week.

#203 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:48 PM

According to Steve zipay of newsday, the Yankee stadium series jerseys are going to be unveiled this coming mid week.

Woot!  Can't wait!

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#204 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:11 PM

Gonna be rather uneventful when they show the exact jersey we have worn for the Retro night games...

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#205 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,855 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:24 PM

Gonna be rather uneventful when they show the exact jersey we have worn for the Retro night games...

I also think the devils jersey will be exactly the same as before but with either elongated or oversized numbers the NHL is mandating for these stadium games so the people on the upper decks can read them better.

I highly doubt the devils will go with the chrome logo.

#206 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:29 PM

I'm pretty sure there are going to have to be some tweaks in order for it to comply to the league mandate.

I also think the devils jersey will be exactly the same as before but with either elongated or oversized numbers the NHL is mandating for these stadium games so the people on the upper decks can read them better.

I highly doubt the devils will go with the chrome logo.

The chrome logos look bad on all the jerseys so far.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#207 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,855 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:36 PM

I'm pretty sure there are going to have to be some tweaks in order for it to comply to the league mandate.

The chrome logos look bad on all the jerseys so far.

The penguins one is not bad as their regular logos already kinda have a chrome look to them.

Ducks one is the worst of the bunch so far.

#208 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:09 PM

Just saw this on eBay.. Looks like a Stadium Series hat! I'm not a huge fan of white hats but I'm sure there will be more than one style

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#209 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:13 PM

Just saw this on eBay.. Looks like a Stadium Series hat! I'm not a huge fan of white hats but I'm sure there will be more than one style

u2y3azaj.jpg

enejuze6.jpg

nice!

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#210 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:17 PM

u2y3azaj.jpg

enejuze6.jpg

if this is legit it looks like Lou managed to dodge to chrome logo mandate.

#211 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:18 PM

if this is legit it looks like Lou managed to dodge to chrome logo mandate.

There's Devils shirts with the logo on it.  Also the Rangers aren't even using the chrome logo on their jerseys.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#212 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:22 PM

There's Devils shirts with the logo on it.  Also the Rangers aren't even using the chrome logo on their jerseys.

I said it before, so i guess i'll have to repeat it. The clues are in the apparel. The Devils have two versions of t shirt for a reason.

What's your source for the Rangers? 

Edited by TheRedStorm, 17 December 2013 - 09:22 PM.

#213 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:24 PM

I said it before, so i guess i'll have to repeat it. The clues are in the apparel. The Devils have two versions of t shirt for a reason.

What's your source for the Rangers? 

I read it on icethetics.  What exactly are you trying to say?

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#214 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:30 PM

I read it on icethetics.  What exactly are you trying to say?

The Devils have two Stadium Series shirt designs.

One is a chrome logo without name and number. They are the only team without a name/number on the chrome logo shirts.

The second shirt has a non chrome logo with player name and number. No other team has this style but the Devils.

The clues were right there from the start. It wasn't until other teams released their apparel that it really fell into place and Lou confirmed it to TG soon after.

#215 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:33 PM

The Devils have two Stadium Series shirt designs.

One is a chrome logo without name and number. They are the only team without a name/number on the chrome logo shirts.

The second shirt has a non chrome logo with player name and number. No other team has this style but the Devils.

The clues were right there from the start. It wasn't until other teams released their apparel that it really fell into place and Lou confirmed it to TG soon after.

Didn't Lou only confirm that they're using the retro jerseys?  He said nothing of the logo crest.  And I'm also sure they still have to use the elongated numbers.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#216 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:38 PM

Didn't Lou only confirm that they're using the retro jerseys? He said nothing of the logo crest. And I'm also sure they still have to use the elongated numbers.

yeah only the retro red and greens were confirmed. Plus I want to know what logo will be in the jersey. Just because other apparel has different logos doesn't mean anything.

I mean, if the devils aren't wearing the chrome on the jersey them why make any apparel with the chrome logo on it?

But in the end I hope TheRedStorm is right.

#217 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:39 PM

Didn't Lou only confirm that they're using the retro jerseys?  He said nothing of the logo crest.  And I'm also sure they still have to use the elongated numbers.

He said they are and nothing of the crest. But if they are wearing the different numbers (and name) it would show up on the chrome logo shirts like every other team, right? Why produce a version of a non chrome logo player shirt that no one else has? I mean people can read into it as they wish but there's something different for sure with the Devils. 

#218 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:45 PM

yeah only the retro red and greens were confirmed. Plus I want to know what logo will be in the jersey. Just because other apparel has different logos doesn't mean anything.

I mean, if the devils aren't wearing the chrome on the jersey them why make any apparel with the chrome logo on it?

But in the end I hope TheRedStorm is right

The Devils are the only team with a non-chrome player name and number shirt. That means something.

Reebok will make the Devils chrome apparel for a money grab, but the name and number aren't there because there's no template for it. They aren't wearing it.

#219 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:46 PM

But in the end I hope TheRedStorm is right.

Personally, I think the retro jerseys would look awful with the chrome logo.  So I too hope RedStorm is right.  I just don't know how much say Lou has in this, so Lou can say what he wants until he's blue in the face.  It doesn't mean the league will comply.

He said they are and nothing of the crest. But if they are wearing the different numbers (and name) it would show up on the chrome logo shirts like every other team, right? Why produce a version of a non chrome logo player shirt that no one else has? I mean people can read into it as they wish but there's something different for sure with the Devils. 

I'm not sure to be honest.

The Devils are the only team with a non-chrome player name and number shirt. That means something.

Reebok will make the Devils chrome apparel for a money grab, but the name and number aren't there because there's no template for it. They aren't wearing it.

I think you're over analyzing this.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#220 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:50 PM

I think you're over analyzing this.

Aren't we all?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users