436 replies to this topic

#261 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:20 PM

Dunno if its posted, but the Rags' stadium jerseys were revealed.

Bb9EbebIMAA-rcS.jpg

don't like the lettering at all, never mind the chrome but the raised angle look is weird and 90s ish. The rest IMO isn't too bad.

#262 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:24 PM

I care

I thought it eas about winning and losing not a fashion show.

#263 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,270 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:26 PM

I thought it eas about winning and losing not a fashion show.

Jersey collecting is a hobby.

Watching/supporting the Devils and wanting them to succeed is also a hobby.

Both hobbies have many things in common, thus this thread.

#264 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,270 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:32 PM

Hawks also released their jersey today too for the Stadium game.  Cross between the cookie cutters we have been seeing with the arm stripes not going around all the way and their black alternates from a few years ago.  Crest is chromified as well.

Devils are now the only ones who have not officially shown their Stadium Series jersey.

#265 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:36 PM

Lol the hawks jersey looks like something straight out of nhl '10 create a team.

#266 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:44 PM

at this rate the devils will prob release there jerseys a few hrs before game time

#267 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:24 PM

I'd be surprised if our stadium jersey look any different than the throwbacks they've used for the past couple retro nights. Lou is such a stick in the mud when it comes to something like that, I'm sure he had many a fight with Bettman & Co over the chrome stuff. I mean yeah tradition and all, but come on, eventually you have to concede something to modern times, even if not completely. And it's not like this would be something worn for anything other than this game.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#268 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:57 PM

The way these jerseys are going I'm glad Lou didn't bend to the league's will. I believe TG reported that they'd just be the throwbacks.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#269 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:22 PM

I'd be surprised if our stadium jersey look any different than the throwbacks they've used for the past couple retro nights. Lou is such a stick in the mud when it comes to something like that, I'm sure he had many a fight with Bettman & Co over the chrome stuff. I mean yeah tradition and all, but come on, eventually you have to concede something to modern times, even if not completely. And it's not like this would be something worn for anything other than this game.

Here's how the convo went:

Bettman: "Lou, we want to have every team wear a special jersey for the stadium series"

Lou: "No."

Bettman: "Coors Light is sponsoring us, so we want to have a chrome look to the jerseys, nothing drastic, just a different finish to the logo."

Lou: "No."

Bettman: "Well then what jersey will the Devils wear if every other team is wearing a special one?"

Lou: "Status quo."

Bettman: "Lou, this could really be an issue if the Devils are the only ones not wearing the jerseys."

Lou: "Don't you worry about my jerseys!"

----

I'm glad lou is trying to hold his ground, the ones already revealed look like they'd be something that 20 years from now we'll look back and say "What were they thinking?"

#270 sassquash

sassquash

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:19 AM

Lou's jersey reveal.. as the Devils walk down the tunnel gameday

functionless art is simply tolerated vandalism

#271 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:28 AM

Overall this is how I would rank the Stadium Series jerseys so far from best to worst:

Pens
Kings
Rags
Islanders
Ducks

Yeah id put them in that same order, and put the blackhawks between the kings and rangers.

Idk if anyone saw the outdoor ahl jerseys but imo the lake erie jerseys were some of the nicest jerseys ive seen

Edited by Bartholomew Hunt, 21 December 2013 - 08:38 AM.

#272 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:49 PM

The Rags look like the Wolf Pack away jerseys.  Like the rest of the jerseys, the chrome ruins it.  But I'll have to wait and see what they look like in person.  Pictures can be deceiving.  But I actually like the overall design of the Rags jersey.  Just get rid of the chrome look and it's sharp looking.

Edited by Mike Brown, 21 December 2013 - 12:52 PM.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#273 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:19 PM

I'd be willing to bet my tickets to the game itself that the logo is all chromed up.

#274 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:25 PM

I'd be willing to bet my tickets to the game itself that the logo is all chromed up.

Contrary to popular belief, Lou doesn't have any say in the matter.  So he can come out and say it's the green retros, but there's no guarantee it will be.  I think the league is gonna do for the Devils what they just did for the Hawks.  That is they're gonna take a prior design, and just adapt it to the chrome mandate.  In other words, they're gonna take the retro jersey, and just chrome it up.

This was the alternate jersey Chicago wore for the 08-09 season.

2008_rbk_chicago_blackhawks_premier_thir

And this is the Stadium Series jersey.

shaw-full_slide.jpg

Edited by Mike Brown, 21 December 2013 - 01:29 PM.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#275 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:38 PM

i like Chicago's jersey ... i like the lines on the bottom how they zag up
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#276 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:47 PM

i like Chicago's jersey ... i like the lines on the bottom how they zag up

I just hate the chrome logo.  But yea overall it's pretty nice.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#277 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:50 PM

i actually dont really mind it too much its different
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#278 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:11 PM

Contrary to popular belief, Lou doesn't have any say in the matter.  

Yes, he does. He has a direct say to what they wear on the ice like every other team president. 

Reebok can design the style and templates and work with the individual teams on specific details, but if a team says NO to a style or template they can not force it down a team's throat or else. If Lou said no to a chromed up cookie cutter jersey, what can the league do? Suspend them from the game? Unless it's part of the mandate that each team had to do this to play in the Stadium Series, then i am of the belief Lou said no and his quotes are 100% accurate.

Let the other teams participate in the money grab. It doesn't mean they had to, they did for that very reason. If you look at the teams involved none have ever been shy about a 3rd jersey. 

#279 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:50 PM

Yes, he does. He has a direct say to what they wear on the ice like every other team president. 

Reebok can design the style and templates and work with the individual teams on specific details, but if a team says NO to a style or template they can not force it down a team's throat or else. If Lou said no to a chromed up cookie cutter jersey, what can the league do? Suspend them from the game? Unless it's part of the mandate that each team had to do this to play in the Stadium Series, then i am of the belief Lou said no and his quotes are 100% accurate.

Let the other teams participate in the money grab. It doesn't mean they had to, they did for that very reason. If you look at the teams involved none have ever been shy about a 3rd jersey. 

No he doesn't.  This is different.  The league is getting some serious financial backing by Coors Light in this Stadium Series.  Coors Light and the league have come out with this chrome look as a way to make a more futuristic appeal.  This is a special event, and if Coors Light is asking the league to showcase this look, then Lou is very easily SOL.  This is a major agreement from the league and Coors Light.  There's obligations in the contract the league has to comply with.  I'm sure the league, reebok, and Coors Light will do what they can to keep Mr. Lamoriello as happy as possible, but he is not the final say in this matter.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#280 third man in

third man in

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:57 PM

Won't be surprised to see a chrome crest on the jerseys, but I also won't be surprised if this isn't released to retail. If they're going to ruin the jersey for the game, maybe Lou was successful in squashing any attempts to sell these to the fans. Pure speculation on my part though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users