1. Fine I'll let you have this one. Even though I never disagreed with you regarding where the chrome came from.
2. There was a prior agreement. That's the one I'm trying to tell you about. Fact is, Lou is FIGHTING about the new modern look. If he did have the final say, why would he be FIGHTING with the league? In this case, if the team does wear just the regular retros, it's won't be because Lou said so. It's because the league agreed to all the Devils to do so. The league has more power than the team. Teams can't just wear whatever they want without the league approval.
**On a sidenote, there is no place that says the team president is solely responsible for the team's uniforms. The uniforms is an organizational decision.
3. I get your concern with those kind of sites. But you're just speculating like the rest of us. There are no facts for either side.
I do know these facts though.
- The league and Coors Light teamed up to create the Stadium Series.
- All of the jerseys are being designed by the same person(s).
- The league is requiring all teams to have the chrome look.
What significant changes are there to the Blackhawks jersey? They tweaked the striping, and the laces are different. What else?
Based on what we see with the other teams, i tend to think there might be something to this to an extent, but all we can do is pick things apart for now. Those other teams participating aren't exactly shy about making fans buy different jerseys and the cash grab this is. We all know what Lou's stance is on this sort of thing.
A President of a team is usually the one where this task lies. While the President can solicit input and opinion from others in the organization high or low, it's his call. Can be be overruled by an owner? Sure, if you're working for Mark Cuban and Daniel Snyder. And if you know this organization and how Lou is regarding uniforms, there can be no doubt who makes the call here.
RBK and the NHL work on a design together with the Devils like they do with all teams. If Lou doesn't like or want the submissions he can say "we're not wearing these" IF there's no prior binding agreement that the Devils have to wear a cookie cutter jersey. In that case, the league and RBK can not force it down Lou's throat. With no agreement, maybe they might meet in the middle for everyone's sake and say "chrome the crest only, but keep the retro design as is" to avoid a problem. That we have to wait and see. But i can safely say if there's nothing that prevents the Devils from wearing the Retros as is, then that's what is going to happen.
Right, i am speculating just like I did with the shirts and the designs because there is something not right there compared to other teams. I'm as anxious as anyone to see if that really was a clue, but i felt it was worth bringing up. I also know what's complete nonsense, too. Coors having any influence on this is one example.
Edited by TheRedStorm, 21 December 2013 - 07:40 PM.