General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:23 PM

and today too right

Marty stole us a point vs Columbus a few nights ago

He hasn't done anything recently to "not" deserve playing today

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#362 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:23 PM

and today too right

marty is doing a fine job so far no one has a right to bitch.. its still his team people need to realize this
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#363 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,146 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:53 PM

the mask looks great

The chrome looks horrible on jersey fabric, but on goalie masks it's more appropriate

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#364 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:58 PM

Just letting everyone know the arena had a display out in the Den today with Stadium Series stuff. For the jerseys they have the regular throwback and the stadium series patches can be bought separately if you want it added to the jersey. They also had some cool shirts, jackets, pucks etc for the Stadium Series game.

#365 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,799 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:20 PM

There's no question Brodeur is starting this game.  Even if the coaching staff believes Schneider gives the team the best chance to win, Brodeur obviously needs to play in games too, and there's no way they tell him to sit this one out after what he has done for this franchise.  If this were a playoff game then that's a different story, but it's worth the same two points every other game is worth, and Brodeur is playing on a regular basis in those too.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#366 mfitz804

mfitz804

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:29 PM

Yeah I don't think there's any way he sits out, unless he were injured.

#367 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,125 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:30 PM

Hmmmm interesting link here:

http://www.google.co...5vWNEEq6J0rtLBA

#368 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:31 PM

Cory will likely have another chance to play outside during his career.  Marty will not.  I think he earned it.

Posted Image

#369 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,369 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:35 PM

Hmmmm interesting link here:

http://www.google.co...5vWNEEq6J0rtLBA

Not working, what was it?

Cory will likely have another chance to play outside during his career.  Marty will not.  I think he earned it.

Marty more than earned it...

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#370 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,125 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:42 PM

Not working, what was it?

Marty more than earned it...

Sorry the stupid Google thing didn't copy appropriately.  The link is dead but look at what the name and url link says:

Reebok New Jersey Devils 2014 Stadium Series Men's Premier

shop.nhl.com/.../Reebok_New_Jersey_Devils_2014_Stadium_Series_Me...

New rumors are they were taking pre-orders for Devils Stadium series premier jerseys last night but then shut it down.  They are supposed to ship out by March and they may have the chrome crest after all.

Edit: This was also the link from Fanatics last night which is also dead:

http://www.fanatics....000530000647599

In case you didn't know, Fanatics runs shop.nhl.com as well as pretty much every other major league online store.  When you order from shop.nhl.com, it ships from a Fanatics warehouse but they slap a shop.nhl.com label on the box and packing slip (my company does that too for our shipments).  Fanatics in turn is owned by Ebay Enterprises.‎

Edited by DevsMan84, 10 January 2014 - 04:46 PM.

#371 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,369 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:46 PM

Sorry the stupid Google thing didn't copy appropriately.  The link is dead but look at what the name and url link says:

Reebok New Jersey Devils 2014 Stadium Series Men's Premier

shop.nhl.com/.../Reebok_New_Jersey_Devils_2014_Stadium_Series_Me...

New rumors are they were taking pre-orders for Devils Stadium series premier jerseys last night but then shut it down.  They are supposed to ship out by March and they may have the chrome crest after all.

Edit: This was also the link from Fanatics last night which is also dead:

http://www.fanatics....000530000647599

In case you didn't know, Fanatics runs shop.nhl.com as well as pretty much every other major league online store.  When you order from shop.nhl.com, it ships from a Fanatics warehouse but they slap a shop.nhl.com label on the box and packing slip (my company does that too for our shipments).  Fanatics in turn is owned by Ebay Enterprises.‎

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

#372 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,125 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:47 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Yes.  Very interesting developments indeed.

#373 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:10 PM

NHL must be regretting giving us a stadium game. All they wanna do is sell more merch and we're making it so incredibly hard for them haha...  :doh1:

#374 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:17 PM

I'll tell you this much. If the Devils skate out there wearing jerseys with a chrome logo after the CCM Classics line was marketed for the last month or so then have the fans be able to pre-order or purchase a chrome version AFTER they spent $ on the CCM Classics. Not to mention it'll be after the game.......well, fill in the blanks where this will go..... :e-drama:

#375 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,125 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:20 PM

I'll tell you this much. If the Devils skate out there wearing jerseys with a chrome logo after the CCM Classics line was marketed for the last month or so then have the fans be able to pre-order or purchase a chrome version AFTER they spent $ on the CCM Classics. Not to mention it'll be after the game.......well, fill in the blanks where this will go..... :e-drama:

lol I was actually thinking just that before.  People are already going nuts that a chrome jersey has not been announced on Facebook so I can imagine the complete sh!tstorm of what will happen.

#376 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:30 PM

None of the links are working at all.  Do you have a screen shot of everything?  lol

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#377 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,125 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:31 PM

None of the links are working at all.  Do you have a screen shot of everything?  lol

no sorry I was late to the party as well on that.  Would have loved to have seen what was in there.

Again this is still just rumors/speculation at this point.  It could very well be they worded the link wrong.

Edited by DevsMan84, 10 January 2014 - 05:32 PM.

#378 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:32 PM

NHL must be regretting giving us a stadium game. All they wanna do is sell more merch and we're making it so incredibly hard for them haha...  :doh1:

Lou will be Lou.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#379 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:35 PM

Lou will be Lou.

I dig it... I think the chrome jersey would look god-awful and was glad he stuck to his guns. It may appear though that the NHL is maybe changing the situation?...

#380 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:37 PM

no sorry I was late to the party as well on that.  Would have loved to have seen what was in there.

Again this is still just rumors/speculation at this point.  It could very well be they worded the link wrong.

Here's my solution.  Just use the regular retro jerseys with the regular crest, and put the Stadium Series patch on one shoulder, and use the chrome logo on the other shoulder.

I know you agree with Lou's jersey policy.  But I truly think he's going overboard here, and making too big a deal out of this.  lol

temp_zps55e0012a.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users