436 replies to this topic

#381 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:40 PM

I dig it... I think the chrome jersey would look god-awful and was glad he stuck to his guns. It may appear though that the NHL is maybe changing the situation?...

It's what I've been saying all along.  The league can force the team to comply with their mandated policy here.  Considering the financial backing of the sponsors and the fact that the Devils were granted this opportunity, the league has every right to force the team to whatever the league wants.  It would be in Lou's best interest to comply if the league is really pushing for this.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#382 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,691 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:41 PM

Here's my solution.  Just use the regular retro jerseys with the regular crest, and put the Stadium Series patch on one shoulder, and use the chrome logo on the other shoulder.

I know you agree with Lou's jersey policy.  But I truly think he's going overboard here, and making too big a deal out of this.  lol

I am fine with just the patch and I think it's the fans that are making a big deal out of this.

#383 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:45 PM

I am fine with just the patch and I think it's the fans that are making a big deal out of this.

Well if Lou had his way, the team would wear their regular home jerseys.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#384 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:50 PM

It's what I've been saying all along.  The league can force the team to comply with their mandated policy here.  Considering the financial backing of the sponsors and the fact that the Devils were granted this opportunity, the league has every right to force the team to whatever the league wants.  It would be in Lou's best interest to comply if the league is really pushing for this.

Lou's playing hardball and holding out until Bettman cuts a deal- the chrome logo for our first rounder this year.

#385 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,691 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:50 PM

Well if Lou had his way, the team would wear their regular home jerseys.

That's fine with me too.

For all the whining and crying the Devils got from fans for that contest they are running where if you win you get a chance at spending money on face-value SS tickets, the Devils fans are now whining and crying that they can't spend more money on merchandise for a 1-time game.  I see in particular one poster on HFBoards crying almost daily that he can't spend his money on a new jersey and it is just childish at this point.

#386 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,664 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:37 PM

That's fine with me too.

For all the whining and crying the Devils got from fans for that contest they are running where if you win you get a chance at spending money on face-value SS tickets, the Devils fans are now whining and crying that they can't spend more money on merchandise for a 1-time game.  I see in particular one poster on HFBoards crying almost daily that he can't spend his money on a new jersey and it is just childish at this point.

One of my favorite things about the Devils is that they just have the 2 jerseys and occasionally wear the old ones. I just read that Pittsburgh is considering ANOTHER throwback style 3rd next year. They have a new 3rd almost every year. It's pretty ridiculous.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#387 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:48 PM

One of my favorite things about the Devils is that they just have the 2 jerseys and occasionally wear the old ones. I just read that Pittsburgh is considering ANOTHER throwback style 3rd next year. They have a new 3rd almost every year. It's pretty ridiculous.

Their farm team is far worse. They change primaries on average every two seasons or so. Countless promotional styles, always a new alternate. And they sell. Well.

Edited by TheRedStorm, 10 January 2014 - 06:52 PM.

The Devil wears Prada....and has the luggage to match :-)

#388 Matt Derek

Matt Derek

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:21 PM

That's fine with me too.

Lou would play without names on the back of jerseys, as well.

#389 BCdevil

BCdevil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:11 PM

Made these for myself if anyone is interested in a wallpaper:
th_e14e8951f96396738fd1dbb5dc0f6468.jpg
th_f713a1fe842800ebea08ddae2d6a6f0c.jpg

Edited by BCdevil, 10 January 2014 - 11:31 PM.

Posted Image

#390 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:15 PM

Made these for myself if anyone is interested in a wallpaper:th_f713a1fe842800ebea08ddae2d6a6f0c.jpgth_e14e8951f96396738fd1dbb5dc0f6468.jpg

clicked on the second one but says the image is private?
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#391 BCdevil

BCdevil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:25 PM

clicked on the second one but says the image is private?

Good call. It should be fixed now.
Posted Image

#392 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:27 AM

Take the stadium series logo out and put a Devs logo in the green on and it'd be my laptop wallpaper.

Posted Image Posted Image

#393 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:59 AM

Take the stadium series logo out and put a Devs logo in the green on and it'd be my laptop wallpaper.

i too dig that logo with the green outline looks pretty sick
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#394 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:41 PM

It just made me think about the center-ice logo for the Stadium Series. It's probably going to just be the series logo (just like with the Winter Classic logo at center-ice). But how sick would it be if they put the Devils (since they're the official hosts) logo at the center of Yankee Stadium?

Not gonna happen anyway, doubt they're going to mess with the ice too much with the Isles game just a few days later.

#395 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:56 PM

It just made me think about the center-ice logo for the Stadium Series. It's probably going to just be the series logo (just like with the Winter Classic logo at center-ice). But how sick would it be if they put the Devils (since they're the official hosts) logo at the center of Yankee Stadium?

Not gonna happen anyway, doubt they're going to mess with the ice too much with the Isles game just a few days later.

agreed guaranteed to be the stadium series logo
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#396 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:13 PM

always wondered why they picked green instead of black originally... when you think of the Devil, you would think Red and black right? Were they just trying to be original or something?

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#397 BCdevil

BCdevil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:31 PM

always wondered why they picked green instead of black originally... when you think of the Devil, you would think Red and black right? Were they just trying to be original or something?

The story that I've heard is that green represents the Garden State.

Edited by BCdevil, 11 January 2014 - 01:48 PM.

Posted Image

#398 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:40 PM

The story that I've heard it's that green represents the Garden State.

that would seem to make pretty logical sense
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#399 mfitz804

mfitz804

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:14 PM

As a kid I was thrilled when the black replaced the green.

And I have spent a beter part of my adult life chasing down red and green "throwback" merchandise. Amazing how tastes change.

#400 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:38 PM

As a kid I was thrilled when the black replaced the green.

And I have spent a beter part of my adult life chasing down red and green "throwback" merchandise. Amazing how tastes change.

i use to think that the retro jerseys were by far the ugliest combination possible.. now since all of the stadium hype and stuff has been going around i actually like it its grown on me a lot
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users